Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Advertising (EIR SPORT €1)

Options
  • 02-08-2018 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hello

Why do you advertise Eir Sport for €1 on Twitter yet the deal doesnt actually exist anymore. It is now €13.75 and €5 connection and this advert has been on Twitter for 3 days now.

I checked this on 31st of July it was €1 for 3 months and €0 connection fee.
    8 hours later when I get home to sign up its back to €13.75 and the advert is still live. This is false advertising. How can you get away with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Hello

Why do you advertise Eir Sport for €1 on Twitter yet the deal doesnt actually exist anymore. It is now €13.75 and €5 connection and this advert has been on Twitter for 3 days now.

8 hours later when I get home to sign up its back to €13.75 and the advert is still live. This is false advertising. How can you get away with it?
    HELLO?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

I was trying as well

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Opps .Well it looks like left it to late as that offer end on the 31st of july

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Glad I signed up when it was on offer then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hello

Hi forzacalcio ,

I apologise for the misunderstanding, the offer has since expired and should've been removed. 

I have forwarded this on to our development team to take appropriate action.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Hi forzacalcio ,

I apologise for the misunderstanding, the offer has since expired and should've been removed. 

Thanks

Thomas

So an offer lasted 9 hours?
    Eir didnt even tell people when it would expire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi forzacalcio ,

Thanks

Thomas

So an offer lasted 9 hours?
    Eir didnt even tell people when it would expire.
    I completely understand your frustrations and once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement