Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get Eir to Close my Account?

Options
  • 02-08-2018 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I was an Eir customer until 04 August 2016.  I had a row with Eir concerning overcharging and, with the assistance of ComReg, the issue was resolved and Eir returned the money due to me and released me from my contract on the above date.

However, Eir still send me a monthly "bill" - each month telling me I have a credit of €169.97.  I am not due any money - that was settled in 2016.  I can't access my Eir account on my PC.

I would like to have the account closed properly.  I have contacted Eir support many times about this, but I have not got anywhere.

It does not bother me unduly:  however, my area will have FTTH in a few months:  I want the option to return to Eir and the fact that Eir billing system thinks that I am still a customer may create problems for me, if I rejoin Eir.

Can you help?  Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I was an Eir customer until 04 August 2016.  I had a row with Eir concerning overcharging and, with the assistance of ComReg, the issue was resolved and Eir returned the money due to me and released me from my contract on the above date.

However, Eir still send me a monthly "bill" - each month telling me I have a credit of €169.97.  I am not due any money - that was settled in 2016.  I can't access my Eir account on my PC.

I would like to have the account closed properly.  I have contacted Eir support many times about this, but I have not got anywhere.

It does not bother me unduly:  however, my area will have FTTH in a few months:  I want the option to return to Eir and the fact that Eir billing system thinks that I am still a customer may create problems for me, if I rejoin Eir.

Can you help?  Thank you.
    Hi Poulgorm ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you PM me your full name and your account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Did you get my PM?

Did you get my PM?
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Many thanks, Thomas.  Much appreciated.

Many thanks, Thomas.  Much appreciated.
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hi Eir.

Not to hijack a thread but I have a similar issue as I had an account for a mobile phone.

The account was closed and left in credit of just over €2.

I am still getting monthly bills months after switching noting the credit. How can I go about settling this? Given the small amount, I don't need a refund.

Thanks.

Marc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Eir.

Not to hijack a thread but I have a similar issue as I had an account for a mobile phone.

The account was closed and left in credit of just over €2.

I am still getting monthly bills months after switching noting the credit. How can I go about settling this? Given the small amount, I don't need a refund.

Thanks.

Marc.
    Hi Exclamation Marc, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement