Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Rollout

Options
  • 02-08-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, Eir are currently rolling out eFibre in my area. My house was the last on the local area phone system and the phone line terminated just after my house. At the end of June new poles were erected after my house to continue the new fibre line to houses further on from the exchange which has now been hung and "loops" are visible along the length of the line. Unfortunately for me, it appears I will not be able to access the service even though the line is passing my house. I asked the contractors installing the line why there was no "loop" near my house and they tell me that I wasn't included on the plan. Is there someone I can contact regarding this other than Customer Care, Sales or Broadband Support? I have tried each but they couldn't help nor did they know who I might contact for an explanation. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Larnatire wrote: »
    Hello, Eir are currently rolling out eFibre in my area. My house was the last on the local area phone system and the phone line terminated just after my house. At the end of June new poles were erected after my house to continue the new fibre line to houses further on from the exchange which has now been hung and "loops" are visible along the length of the line. Unfortunately for me, it appears I will not be able to access the service even though the line is passing my house. I asked the contractors installing the line why there was no "loop" near my house and they tell me that I wasn't included on the plan. Is there someone I can contact regarding this other than Customer Care, Sales or Broadband Support? I have tried each but they couldn't help nor did they know who I might contact for an explanation. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Hi Larnatire ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Unfortunately, there is no alternative contact point I can provide at this point other than the ones you have already listed.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Larnatire

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for replying so quickly. It is disappointing and frustrating to hear that. As an Eir customer I would have hoped that there was some way I could check this out and have it explained to me. My fear is that it may be an oversight and my house was skipped by mistake. The rollout map online does indicate my house falls outside the range of the new service as do a number of other houses in my area but these houses have the "loop" boxes installed adjacent to them so that map needs to be updated.
    Again, thanks for getting back to me. In the meantime I must continue to pay premium rates for my mobile broadband service from Eir while all the time wondering if I could have availed of the eFibre service passing my door. 

Regards

Greg

Advertisement