Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loan from brother

• 02-08-2018 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

If I get a loan from my brother, how do I record it in my farm accounts? Do I name him?
    What would be an appropriate wording for a written IOU?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

"Loan - Patrick" is what I'd call it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

What would be an appropriate wording for a written IOU?

Names of both parties.

Date of loan and amount loaned.

Proposed repayment details, i.e. repayment date(s) and amount(s) to be repaid.

Details of interest payable (if any) [ note that if interest is payable, then your brother may need to inform the taxman!].

If the amount being loaned is significant, then it might be in your brother's interest to have the signatures witnessed, in which case you'd need the witness details (name and address) too.

Advertisement