Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 4 all vouchers

Options
  • 02-08-2018 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Looking for some advice please...
    I received a one4all voucher some time ago from work and have not used it (€400). I find that where I live there are few options to use it.
    I could do with the cash but on contacting one4all they said as it was bought by a corporate body they cannot cash it to my account as there would be tax implications for the company.
    I was wondering if I were to use this voucher to buy another voucher to the value of €300 from the post office could I then cash it in to my a/c ?
    I am aware of the fees involved. ..
    Or does this make sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Thanks sugarman. Don't want the hassle of trying to sell on line.
    Prepay master card might be an option as I could buy petrol with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I don't think the Post Office accept One4all cards as a payment method.

Looking at the mastercard option the v+ prepaid virtual mastercard seems the only option from what I can see.. that is a complete rip off due to charges and the fact that it will work for sterling payments only otherwise it's conversation +2% charge for any other currencies .
    Is there not any better mastercard option available?

sugarman wrote: »
    crx=== wrote: »
    Looking at the mastercard option the v+ prepaid virtual mastercard seems the only option from what I can see.. that is a complete rip off due to charges and the fact that it will work for sterling payments only otherwise it's conversation +2% charge for any other currencies .

There are no charges other than a load fee of €8 per €100.

The 2% charge is only if youre paying for goods not in euro.

This is from their site..

FX Fee (charged when you purchase goods or services in a currency other than sterling). 2%

https://www.vplusprepaid.com/terms-and-conditions/uk/#table-of-fees

sugarman wrote: »

There are no charges other than a load fee of €8 per €100.

The 2% charge is only if youre paying for goods not in euro.

This is from their site..

FX Fee (charged when you purchase goods or services in a currency other than sterling). 2%

https://www.vplusprepaid.com/terms-and-conditions/uk/#table-of-fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thanks sugarman. Don't want the hassle of trying to sell on line.
    Prepay master card might be an option as I could buy petrol with it.

Do topaz or whatever it’s called now not take them? I know they used to sell them.

I asked in Applegreen and they said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Under 200 if on higher rate everything, particularly if they reduced it to cover the employer PRSI

Thanks sugarman! Never spotted that ! So that would be an option. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Got a 50 euro voucher a few years back, finally got round to wanting to use it and there was only a couple of euro left on it, wasnt aware that there are fees when you dont use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pangea wrote: »
    Got a 50 euro voucher a few years back, finally got round to wanting to use it and there was only a couple of euro left on it, wasnt aware that there are fees when you dont use it.

After 12 months, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,647 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you're stuck, according to the website, you can spend it online at these stores:
    https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online.html

Includes Arnotts, Boots, Debenhams, Eason, McGuirks Golf, Molloys Off Licence (wine only).

So your christmas presents should be sorted...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

One4All charge retailers up to 12.3% commission, hence you will never have them accepted by low margin businesses such as petrol stations and supermarkets.

As for cashing in corporate cards - this would have tax implications as no tax was applied under the gift giving scheme which has strict rules

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I think Argos and Woodies take them as payment for a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Used one in Argos few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

CeilingFly wrote: »
    One4All charge retailers up to 12.3% commission, hence you will never have them accepted by low margin businesses such as petrol stations and supermarkets.

A lot of the Supervalu stores take them

BDJW wrote: »
    A lot of the Supervalu stores take them

In Dublin - the proportion down the country is much lower. This is due to the bulk of Dublin stores being ex-Superquinn, who always took them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Could you do your food shopping with it?

Lux23 wrote: »
    Could you do your food shopping with it?

In the few Supervalus, yeah

Advertisement