Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing gourds

Options
  • 02-08-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone ever grown Gourds? How much work is involved - is there any tricks that I should know? I picked up a packet of seeds recently even though I can't plant them until next year!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

RockDesk wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone ever grown Gourds? How much work is involved - is there any tricks that I should know? I picked up a packet of seeds recently even though I can't plant them until next year!

Thanks!

Planted some Russian Doll gourds and some Swan gourds a couple of years ago. Had them inside until early summer and then moved out into an Aldi fabric greenhouse which got annihilated by a summer storm. Gourds were doing ok until that point, really just grown as a novelty for my daughter. The plants got pretty big and liable to take up quite a bit of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Ok, thanks! I love the look of them around Halloween and when I saw the seed packet I grabbed them. Now that I'm searching online, I feel like I've bitten off a bit too much, particularly in relation to the amount of space they may take up! I didn't really consider it before I bought them. Sure I'll give it a go and see how they get on!

Advertisement