Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai I30 airbag light on dash

• 02-08-2018 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi,

Hyundai I30 2011 MK1, Airbag light on Dash, not flashing, but a constant red light, I had a garage clear the error code a few weeks to turn it off and the problem was on passenger side, it just came back on, but am just wondering is it worth the cost of fixing, as I have heard that it is most likely a new sensor that is needed which are expensive to replace and that the passenger airbags will probably deploy anyway in the event of an accident, does anyway know if this is the case and should I just get it fixed regardless? I have found that I can just take a fuse out of the fuse box labelled A/Bag Indicator to turn the light off for future NCT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

When you have an airbag fault illuminated it generally means none of the airbags will deploy in a crash. Get it fixed and fixed correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Warning lights come on for a reason rather than just decoration. You need to find out why it's coming on rather than just removing the light fuse which will not fix the problem and will still fail the NCT. I also wouldn't be betting my life on the airbags still deploying even if you just remove the light fuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hyundai I30 2011 MK1, Airbag light on Dash, not flashing, but a constant red light, I had a garage clear the error code a few weeks to turn it off and the problem was on passenger side, it just came back on, but am just wondering is it worth the cost of fixing, as I have heard that it is most likely a new sensor that is needed which are expensive to replace and that the passenger airbags will probably deploy anyway in the event of an accident, does anyway know if this is the case and should I just get it fixed regardless? I have found that I can just take a fuse out of the fuse box labelled A/Bag Indicator to turn the light off for future NCT

It maybe as simple as fixing the connection under seats. Did garage look into it or just cleared the error ?

Airbag systems are designed not to operate if something is wrong so no it won't deploy with the light on during an accident.

Advertisement