Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride 2018 :Your views and thoughts

Options
  • 02-08-2018 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hello moderators,
    I would like to dispute a thread ban in the above thread. I am not sure what I am required to post here but I can gladly describe the situation if required.  Can you let me know. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Help Desk as thread bans are not covered in the DR forum

Have you attempted to contact the mod and discuss the reasons for the ban with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

dudara wrote: »
    Moving to the Help Desk as thread bans are not covered in the DR forum

Have you attempted to contact the mod and discuss the reasons for the ban with them?
    Thanks. I PMed them and they refused to engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The next step would be to contact one of the CMods for that section of Boards, and explain your concerns to them, seeking their input/help.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm a cmod there so I can take a look.

Can you link to the thread so I know I've the right one?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've found the thread.

I'm upholding the thread ban. Nothing should be compared to child abuse -of whatever level- except actual child abuse.

Gay couples campaigning for the right to be recognised as a legal parent to their non-biological children is NOT child abuse. Going into a thread in LGBT and saying that to people who are LGBT and who have families and friends who have families is incendiary and trolling.

If you want to have a debate on why you think gay folk have exactly the same rights as straight ones, the LGBT forum is not the place for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement