Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could spend a day with a boardsie, who would it be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dunno if he was mentioned yet but I always fancied the idea of going out for a few pints with mikom.

He used to have me bent over in 2 with some of his dry one liner comebacks.

His absence from the site is still noticeable imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Makkikomi, Wibbs or electro bitch - or mam of 4. All come across as interesting, intelligent, good potential company and the real deal.

Just for fun I'd like to see the poster behind the Aongus Von Bismark lark and see how he really lives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

JupiterKid wrote: »

Just for fun I'd like to see the poster behind the Aongus Von Bismark lark and see how he really lives...
    He'd have to check with his ma first to see if it's OK for you to come up to his room.

I'd also like to visit graces7 on her island. She is a little bit older than my late mother would have been if still alive and I think we'd have a good cuppa and chat by her fire and I'd love to give her a big hug.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Matriarch of the clique, Mamof4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

Whoopsy, Srameen, Candie, Wibbs... It'd make for really interesting conversations, they are fountains of knowledge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Dunno if he was mentioned yet but I always fancied the idea of going out for a few pints with mikom.

He used to have me bent over in 2 with some of his dry one liner comebacks.

His absence from the site is still noticeable imo.
    I thought you'd nominate your friend Jimmy Dags!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Matriarch of the clique, Mamof4

There is no clique !!

I'd love to just do a road trip , to each county , meet up with everyone along the way , bound to be fun !

And no one would be left out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    There is no clique !!

I'd love to just do a road trip , to each county , meet up with everyone along the way , bound to fun !

And no one would be left out :)

That's such a "Mammy" answer...
    Who's your favourite child Mam of 4?
    Oh I don't have a fav, I love them all equally...
    Differently but equally :P

Ditto with boardsies :pac:

banie01 wrote: »
    That's such a "Mammy" answer...
    Who's your favourite child Mam of 4?
    Oh I don't have a fav, I love them all equally...
    Differently but equally :P

Ditto with boardsies :pac:

I'll never shake off mammy mode I fear :(

I'd never make it as a politician :D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'll never shake off mammy mode I fear :(

I'd never make it as a politician :D

Not true. Mary O'Rourke was very much the mammy in the Dail in her later political career years.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Not true. Mary O'Rourke was very much the mammy in the Dail in her later political career years.

Had forgotten that , thank you !

There's hope for me yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

for me it would be gremlinertia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

So glad you didn't name me here publicly and all decided to PM me sordid invites for a wild day out!

I'll sift through then all and get back to you individually.
    Please forward on your STD results as your next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

M.T Cranium, JCX BXC and sryanbruen would be it for me. Im a bit biased towards the weather forum though. :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

90s dance-hip-hop club night with Boom Bap would be a laugh I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

whiskeyman wrote: »
    So glad you didn't name me here publicly and all decided to PM me sordid invites for a wild day out!

I'll sift through then all and get back to you individually.
    Please forward on your STD results as your next step.

Discretion is a must ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any of the crowd from the Liveline thread. ButtersSuki especially. (Are you happy now?) The things we could say about Joe Duffy and not have to worry about getting red carded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I've seen him get abuse on here before and he never rises to it. Always argues his point and responds in a dignified manner.

Eh no, he continually fabricates "facts" and anecdotes to support his side of a debate, then disappears from the thread when called out on it, only to reappear a couple days later in the hope we all forgot his nonsense, he has derailed so many threads it's unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'd say Candie, she seems a really sweetie

21/25

• Advertisement

end of the road is another poster who I'd like to hang with.

We wouldn't share much in common politically but I respect the guy.

I've seen him get abuse on here before and he never rises to it. Always argues his point and responds in a dignified manner.

A gentleman.

Finely said. You can even see it in a previous post in this supposed to be light hearted thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Rape of Lucretia.

Anyone from the cricket forum. I love living in this country, but there is a severe lack of people that can talk cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Permabear. I want to enjoy the life of a highflying trader with a gorgeous tattooed model wife.

He always fumed about matey /flirty threads about this as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

Prisoner 6753 for me. Seems decent and not needy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Aegir wrote: »
    Anyone from the cricket forum. I love living in this country, but there is a severe lack of people that can talk cricket.

Wicket Keeper, slip, third man, fly slip, silly point, point, backward point, cover, extra cover, long off, long on, cow corner, square leg, backward square leg, fine leg, leg gully, leg slip

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

blackcard wrote: »
    Wicket Keeper, slip, third man, fly slip, silly point, point, backward point, cover, extra cover, long off, long on, cow corner, square leg, backward square leg, fine leg, leg gully, leg slip
    Be wary of the googly

The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey....

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Be wary of the googly

I thought you would mention the other one, the doosra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Very few I'd spend a day with but plenty I'd head for pints with! I suppose day pints would count? Love day pints.

Beasty wrote: »
    Be wary of the googly

The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey....

Bob taking the Micky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

blackcard wrote: »

Ooh, that's my kind of talk.

Bowled, Caught, Run Out, LBW, Stumped, Obstructing the field, Hit Wicket, Timed Out, Hit't ball twice/Interfered with ball, Retired hurt.

Skid X wrote: »
    Ooh, that's my kind of talk.

Bowled, Caught, Run Out, LBW, Stumped, Obstructing the field, Hit Wicket, Timed Out, Hit't ball twice/Interfered with ball, Retired hurt.

With that kind of talk, you could bowl a maiden over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Outside the ones I know in real life I would pick Jupiterkid. He seems like a really interesting and lovely person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmmm from the good old days of boards beers users on the site can be absolutely totally different when you meet them in the flesh.

I'd love to meet cheerful spring just to see if they are actually a real person and the Manic Moran because I am into tanks.

I've met most of the oldies on here and mostly they're ***** ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,200 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

there are a good few, but if i had to pick 1 i'd reccan taytoland would be a fascinating and interesting person to spend a day with.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Aegir wrote: »

If you are living in Dublin you can always pop down to the grounds of one of the bigger clubs and there'll be people there you can probably chat to, Merrion, Pembroke, Clontarf, North County would usually have a few spectators for the first team games

uch wrote: »
    I'd say Candie, she seems a really sweetie

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I see what you did there.

Candie says

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

90s dance-hip-hop club night with Boom Bap would be a laugh I reckon.

Be prepared for some sort of trivia on every 90's hip hop song that is played.

...and for some incredible move busting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whichever one of you is late 30s/40s, single,hetro male,preference for kinky fun :p

Meow ;-D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Here nearly 10 years and never had the privilege of attending an AH beers. I'm sure the craic was 90.

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Here nearly 10 years and never had the privilege of attending an AH beers. I'm sure the craic was 90.

Yes. Well. There shan't be any mention of my ill fated AH beers only to say that I did try :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Who's organising the next AH beers so??
    Or are we moved on since then to AH ginsies?

To thine own self be true

Don't think I've been to an AH beers but boards beers in general we're great craic! Years now since I've been to one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Don't think I've been to an AH beers but boards beers in general we're great craic! Years now since I've been to one

Organise one!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Uch always struck me as someone with great taste :)

I like nearly everyone on boards and while I can't be sure, I suspect that most if not all of them have absolutely lovely bottoms.

Mmmm, I don't think so. I'll sound like an aul one but boards and AH was fun before, not so much anymore. Place is full of loonies now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mmmm, I don't think so. I'll sound like an aul one but boards and AH was fun before, not so much anymore. Place is full of loonies now :D

One reason why I never attended. I am the looney no one dares to speak of or wants to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement