Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are iPhones from Three unlocked?

Options
  • 02-08-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Heyo,

I'm thinking of using my upgrade (I'm on Three) to get an iPhone SE for my mother. Shes on Vodafone with a 5C and doesn't want to move network.

Anyone on Three and know if yours is unlocked?

Doubt it if they are but if they're locked is there much trouble in unlocking it in the first month of the contract?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Three wouldn't do it in the past unless you ponied up the whole contract amount in advance. Not sure if they still do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Pop in another carriers sim card and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

When I was with three they would unlock at any point during the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Three phones are locked to the network and they will only unlock in 2 scenarios.

1. its a PAYG phone and you've bought over €160 of credit
    2. You've reached the end of your original phone contract on billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Vodafone are doing brand new 32GB SE's for 249 euro at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

3. Business contract and unlocked there and then through Apple itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Thanks for all your replies, got her a SE on Vodafone just to be safe for €249

Advertisement