Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB mortgage switch

• 02-08-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to switch my mortgage to AIB and use the €2000 to pay my legal fees with the solicitor but am unclear as to when these will be credited to my account and will they be in on time to pay him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

glennlandy wrote: »
    I want to switch my mortgage to AIB and use the €2000 to pay my legal fees with the solicitor but am unclear as to when these will be credited to my account and will they be in on time to pay him.

I did the switch to AIB a couple of years ago. If I'm not wrong the money hit my bank account after a week or so the switch actually happened. I think they have time 30 days to transfer the amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Just remember if you want to switch again down the line, AIB are the only bank that are ignoring the EU Directive and are still charging significant breakout fees

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Just remember if you want to switch again down the line, AIB are the only bank that are ignoring the EU Directive and are still charging significant breakout fees

what fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

pasquale83 wrote: »
    what fees?

If you want to break from a fixed term period, they are still charging a breakout fee (like all other banks used to do also, but they have changed in the last year)

Advertisement