Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this potted plant?

Options
  • 02-08-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Any idea what this plant is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just a guess to start you off but it might be Mother of thousands, Bryophyllum daigremontianum which used to be known as Kalanchoe daigremontiana?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

thanks for the reply.

Doesnt look like those.
    Wife just took a clipping of it from her old job. Ive no idea what it is.

thanks for the reply.

Doesnt look like those.
    Wife just took a clipping of it from her old job. Ive no idea what it is.

I'd still think it might be a Kalanchoe. Many of them are very compact little plants when you buy them but after you keep them for a while they get very leggy.

my3cents wrote: »
    I'd still think it might be a Kalanchoe. Many of them are very compact little plants when you buy them but after you keep them for a while they get very leggy.

The leafs have a different structure (compared to what shows on google images).

Ive had another cutting from this plant growing for about a year and it remains pretty similar with small, smooth leaves (it mostly died in the winter because i put it outside while cleaning and it froze to death. :D )

I was thinking more of something like this http://unscriptedmind.com/tag/flaming-katy/ .

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    I was thinking more of something like this http://unscriptedmind.com/tag/flaming-katy/ .

ya maybe. Leaves look similar.

Advertisement