Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics DN710

Options
  • 02-08-2018 11:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was considering doing this course in September, I have a preliminary offer and they're waiting for me to accept or decline.

Can any kind soul give me advice on the course itself (difficulty) and the future career prospects.

I noticed the course only takes on 40 people per year DN710 compared to Social Science which I declined, would that have been lets say a little less difficult in terms of the economic modules?

Thanks for all the replies.

Kane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am pretty sure the economics modules are the same as those offered on the social sciences course, so no more difficult in that sense. Apart from core modules it is really down to what you pick yourself in terms of difficulty (or perceived difficulty) - with social sciences you tend to do a combination of subjects as a pathway as far as I know, so not just majoring in pure economics subjects which is the main difference I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

I am pretty sure the economics modules are the same as those offered on the social sciences course, so no more difficult in that sense. Apart from core modules it is really down to what you pick yourself in terms of difficulty (or perceived difficulty) - with social sciences you tend to do a combination of subjects as a pathway as far as I know, so not just majoring in pure economics subjects which is the main difference I think

What about the jobs? Can I get something decent after graduating?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

You can get a "decent" job with any degree (or even without a degree in many cases) - it is entirely down to what you make of it to be honest. Any degree is only a piece of paper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

You can get a "decent" job with any degree (or even without a degree in many cases) - it is entirely down to what you make of it to be honest. Any degree is only a piece of paper.

So that's a no basically. Damn. I guess I was having caviar dreams when I applied for it.

Advertisement