Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I just called there and they said they've called the first three from batch 3.1

I'm in the late teens and they said I should expect a call in 2 weeks - my dream of having Christmas off is getting closer...

I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask for a start date of the 8th of January now :)

That completely contradicts what I was told a while ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Redgreenbin

What were you told a while ago? My memory is failing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭KMacDW

What were you told a while ago? My memory is failing me...
    I know someone was told last week that they'd called the first 4 in 3.1. So did they un-call someone? That's progress :P

Since they told me 2 weeks, I will set my expectations for a call in 4 - 5 weeks :):p

Since they told me 2 weeks, I will set my expectations for a call in 4 - 5 weeks :):p
    That's a safe bet :P I was supposed to hear a week ago and still haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Just don't want to be back to square 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

Anyone who has been interviewed before in this competition how much notice did they give you before your interview date and where you able to book a time slot like stage two? I'm meant to be going away the week of the bank holiday the week of the 28th and PAS wont say if they are organising interviews for around that time. They're being very vague. I'd like to not pay for a holiday only to find out the interviews will be around that time.

Cheers.

aidan364 wrote: »
    Anyone who has been interviewed before in this competition how much notice did they give you before your interview date and where you able to book a time slot like stage two? I'm meant to be going away the week of the bank holiday the week of the 28th and PAS wont say if they are organising interviews for around that time. They're being very vague. I'd like to not pay for a holiday only to find out the interviews will be around that time.

Cheers.
    I received my invite on the 13/06, I then had 4 days to book my interview and I booked it for the 04/07.

I really doubt there'll be any interviews this side of the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

KMacDW wrote: »
    I received my invite on the 13/06, I then had 4 days to book my interview and I booked it for the 04/07.

I really doubt there'll be any interviews this side of the New Year.

I think i'm just going to book it. I can't see any interviews happening this week at this stage. Hoping for a pre Christmas interview but I'll hold off to the new year if needs be.

Hopefully you hear from them in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Merrion2019

Any word today KMacDW?

• Advertisement

Any word today KMacDW?
    I'm in clearance now. So I have to source a reference from at least one of two companies that won't allow managers to give references.....this is fun :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

I'm in clearance now. So I have to source a reference from at least one of two companies that won't allow managers to give references.....this is fun :P

Does this mean they've called you and are finally moving down the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dog Mom 27

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm taking this to mean that you got the call from PAS at last?

Regarding references, a lot of companies these days don't allow managers to give references. I know PAS accept references from HR depts. They really just want to check that you worked there when you said so, and that you showed up. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dog Mom 27 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm taking this to mean that you got the call from PAS at last?

Regarding references, a lot of companies these days don't allow managers to give references. I know PAS accept references from HR depts. They really just want to check that you worked there when you said so, and that you showed up. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yeah I got a call.

I explained to them that neither company will allow managers to give references; they told me to try and get a former manager to offer a reference. Though I'm not aware of anyone that fits that bill.

Im just going to send them proof of employment from each and hope it's enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Best of luck Kmac.

Yeah I got a call.

I explained to them that neither company will allow managers to give references; they told me to try and get a former manager to offer a reference. Though I'm not aware of anyone that fits that bill.

Well, fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NatashaB16

Yeah I got a call.

KMac are you an existing civil servant? I’ve heard different things about if you’re already in the civil service, I’ve been told no references are needed etc but am just curious to know what the story is!

NatashaB16 wrote: »
    KMac are you an existing civil servant? I’ve heard different things about if you’re already in the civil service, I’ve been told no references are needed etc but am just curious to know what the story is!

Refs come from your current manager in the Civil Service so no references as such.

NatashaB16 wrote: »
    No I'm in the private sector. So I have to jump through hoops and wait a week; just to get a page to say "KMac has worked in X Role since Y date; and is currently employed by the company." :P

• Advertisement

No I'm in the private sector. So I have to jump through hoops and wait a week; just to get a page to say "KMac has worked in X Role since Y date; and is currently employed by the company." :P
    Have you been told which department you'll be going to? And any indication when they want you to start?

Dog Mom 27 wrote: »
    Have you been told which department you'll be going to? And any indication when they want you to start?
    Nope. Guess the offer will come once they get this form and my references back.

My estimate of being contacted around the 1st 2 weeks of September was seriously out by a few months!!! All batches were flying until the end of 2.3 :/

My estimate of being contacted around the 1st 2 weeks of September was seriously out by a few months!!! All batches were flying until the end of 2.3 :/

I was getting excited, thinking I might actually be called and starting before Christmas. Pretty sure that's not going to be the case now.

I'm hopeful of a December 2nd start.

In the mid-teens now for calls.

• Advertisement

In the mid-teens now for calls.

Did you ring PAS?

Did you ring PAS?

Something like that ;) Let's just say I have it on pretty good authority.

They cleared from at least 7 to the mid teens in one day? That’s a productive day!

I’m late teens and was told yesterday I wouldn’t get my call for two weeks! Seems like it’ll be sooner now.. it’s all very confusion 😂

They cleared from at least 7 to the mid teens in one day? That’s a productive day!

I’m late teens and was told yesterday I wouldn’t get my call for two weeks! Seems like it’ll be sooner now.. it’s all very confusion ��
    More so they initiated clearance with them. I wish clearance was done. This is a massive headache.

More so they initiated clearance with them. I wish clearance was done. This is a massive headache.

Any indication how long clearance takes?

• Advertisement

Any indication how long clearance takes?
    I recall someone on her saying it only took two days once they got their info in. But the issue is getting the info in. I'd say it'll be a week before I get these references, maybe more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    Stuck in special clearance for AGS, so no, in limbo!!

I know there’s a specific thread but my colleague got a non update update from PAS earlier today saying that the jobs are there but they are still stuck waiting on special clearance to come back, and once it does offers will be sent out. Week 17 or 18 for her.

I’m late teens and was told yesterday I wouldn’t get my call for two weeks! Seems like it’ll be sooner now.. it’s all very confusion ��

I'm hoping that they are now telling people worst case scenario! Changing tack after being too optimistic in the last few weeks

The vetting form they emailed me wouldn't format properly regardless of what program I opened it in:p This thing wants to put me in an early grave. Lucky I'm near there today anyways so I'll just go in and get a form

Got my call today :)

May I ask you OOM? Congratulations!

What dept did you get offered?

Sorry for confusion - it was just my vetting call; said it shouldn't be long though!

I'm 17 or 18 - can't remember which one ha

Sorry for confusion - it was just my vetting call; said it shouldn't be long though!

I'm 17 or 18 - can't remember which one ha

Congrats! Delighted to hear that they made at least a few more calls today

Anybody in the 20's for OOM for batch 3.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

I am very early 20’s but I haven’t heard anything yet.... do they just check references first or do they give us the Dept and start date there and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Boebo

Can I ask up to what number have gone for interview. I am placed well down after stage 2 but did pass. I am just wondering do I have a chance of getting a call? thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Boebo wrote: »
    Can I ask up to what number have gone for interview. I am placed well down after stage 2 but did pass. I am just wondering do I have a chance of getting a call? thanks in advance :)

Up to 269 after stage 2 supervised test, that's what I was told when I called last time. Initially they said it was anticipated to call people for end of October, but that's not looking like it now. Not sure when the next batch would be called for interview, I'm the next batch, so I'll update when being called.

Louise Dav wrote: »
    I am very early 20’s but I haven’t heard anything yet.... do they just check references first or do they give us the Dept and start date there and then?

I understand that the first call is to arrange vetting only.

Keep us posted on when you get that call please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesB95

Hi All,

I have a few questions about the process and was hoping someone could help me. I did my interview in July for EO and got OOM 58 in the open stream and 17 in interdepartmental. I am in batch 3.2.

I am currently in private sector and have never been in public sector. I think i may have ticket the interdepartmental stream by mistake. Is this something i should call them about and get clarified?

Is there a good chance i will get offered a role in the open stream with OOM 58? And has anyone else in batch 3.2 been offered or contacted yet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesB95

By the way, i am in the Dublin only stream

Yes you should probably call them on the interD stream issue. I expect they'll get to 58 in 3.2, they're being slow enough on 3.1 at the moment though but they are promoting EOs to HEO so that will create some space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Boebo

Got this from Public Jobs this morning.

We have so far called 269 Open 72 Interdepartmental to interview for the EO 2018 Dublin competition. We have no current plans to call anyone further.

As I have not gone for interview I don't know what batch they are on apologies

I've been tracking my vetting online and since 10am this morning it's showing as complete - getting nervous now!

• Advertisement

Anyone know any estimated timeframes from here?

Advertisement