Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭KMacDW

I recall someone saying once their vetting and references were done; they got their offer 2 days later and their start date a week after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Redgreenbin

Ah okay, I haven't heard anything about references yet... is that expected? I hope it doesn't happen before I warn my current manager

Ah okay, I haven't heard anything about references yet... is that expected? I hope it doesn't happen before I warn my current manager
    They asked me at the same time they requested the vetting. They won’t contact your current employer without your permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

I have the same order of merit for open Dublin competition?? How can that be? Jamesb95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Boebo wrote: »
    Got this from Public Jobs this morning.

We have so far called 269 Open 72 Interdepartmental to interview for the EO 2018 Dublin competition. We have no current plans to call anyone further.

As I have not gone for interview I don't know what batch they are on apologies

I'm at c. 110 Interdepartmental, so while this isn't different from my update, I fear I might be back at square 1.

• Advertisement

When do you find if it the department you got assigned to has flexi time? When you start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

When do you find if it the department you got assigned to has flexi time? When you start?

Most depts. have Flexi - but just ring the HR when you're assigned and ask.

You got assigned. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

JamesB95 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a few questions about the process and was hoping someone could help me. I did my interview in July for EO and got OOM 58 in the open stream and 17 in interdepartmental. I am in batch 3.2.

I am currently in private sector and have never been in public sector. I think i may have ticket the interdepartmental stream by mistake. Is this something i should call them about and get clarified?

Is there a good chance i will get offered a role in the open stream with OOM 58? And has anyone else in batch 3.2 been offered or contacted yet?
    Thanks
    I have the same order of merit for open Dublin competition?? How can that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

I got a call this morning I am going to be assigned to dept of justice but they couldn’t tell me where about in Dublin it will be based. Doesn’t anyone know what locations the Dept of Justice is in ? I have to do the clearance and that before they check references so I can’t see me being placed until after Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Louise Dav wrote: »
    I got a call this morning I am going to be assigned to dept of justice but they couldn’t tell me where about in Dublin it will be based. Doesn’t anyone know what locations the Dept of Justice is in ? I have to do the clearance and that before they check references so I can’t see me being placed until after Xmas.

Sorry Louise, I can't help you with locations, but do you mind me asking what oom you were?

Very early 20’s

You got your department before going through clearance? I haven’t heard a thing about department yet! Vetting is done and passed on my reference details so assuming it will be shortly :D

Yes I asked when they rang... I had originally requested revenue as I thought it might be closer to home but that obviously wasn’t an option for them 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

St Stephen’s Green, Bishop’s Square, Ely Place, Burgh Quay, Chapter House, Montague St, Hanover St.

I’m still waiting. Was hoping to get an offer today but can’t see that now.

Did you submit your vetting and references?

Did you submit your vetting and references?
    I got my vetting in pretty quickly, but references were a struggle as neither of the companies I’ve been with in the last three years allow references. Eventually I got someone from management in my last company to agree, they called them after a couple days. But then they suggested hey needed someone to cover the past year; I eventually sorted a character reference to cover that period on Wednesday but I haven’t heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TX1

Boebo wrote: »
    Got this from Public Jobs this morning.

We have so far called 269 Open 72 Interdepartmental to interview for the EO 2018 Dublin competition. We have no current plans to call anyone further.

As I have not gone for interview I don't know what batch they are on apologies

Does this mean more wont be interviewed? Also are those figures for the latest batch as surely that cannot be the total called for interview to date.

It's a new, short week!

I feel this is the week :D

• Advertisement

It's a new, short week!

I feel this is the week :D
    My second reference was sorted late on Friday afternoon; so I'm hopeful of getting the call today now that everything is done.

I was told my reference would be called on Thursday but they have yet to receive a call.. so I'm hoping it will happen this week!

Glad it's moving along for you now!

I was told my reference would be called on Thursday but they have yet to receive a call.. so I'm hoping it will happen this week!

Glad it's moving along for you now!
    They were supposed to call my first reference Monday morning but called Wednesday morning. And my second Thursday morning but called Friday afternoon. So I'm not surprised. :P

Ah okay, so I'll just continue to wait :)

I'll send a cheeky follow up email today to the woman in clearance to remind her of me!

I wonder if the AO competition will move quicker than this one has..

I'll send a cheeky follow up email today to the woman in clearance to remind her of me!

That's what I did Friday afternoon; sent an email saying I hope they were able to reach my reference contact. And then they called them a couple hours later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 maireadv

AO Competition is slower! As there is way less jobs. Unless you're in top 250 you'll probably never hear anything.

Ah I finished top 100 so hoping I'll hear from them at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Going at a snails pace now, it's kind of worrying for anyone in Batch 3.2.

Won't this all end come August?

Ah I finished top 100 so hoping I'll hear from them at some stage!
    Wow congrats. I finished 308. I was thrown by how the numerical test was laid out; and that's usually my strong point. Disappointed with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

GooglePlus wrote: »

August is 9 Months away,

Batch 3.2 will be fine.

You do realize this is the end of the year in terms of Budgets, hard for Departments to get sign off on recruitment at this stage.

Chill, 3.2 will be called .

A friend of mine who works in HR within the public sector; suggested he would be shocked if there are any more interviews. Said he would expect them to slowly place the rest of 3.1 & 3.2 over the next few months; but doubts anymore people will be placed beyond that. Obviously he doesn't work for PAS, so take that opinion with a pinch of salt.

italodisco wrote: »
    August is 9 Months away,

Batch 3.2 will be fine.

You do realize this is the end of the year in terms of Budgets, hard for Departments to get sign off on recruitment at this stage.

Chill, 3.2 will be called .

We've been at this pace now since the summer which was fine then as the usual lull was to blame, but it hasn't really picked up since.

Hopefully you're right anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

We've been at this pace now since the summer which was fine then as the usual lull was to blame, but it hasn't really picked up since.

Hopefully you're right anyway!

February will see a big pick up in pace , we'll make it !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 maireadv

I've been told before (not sure if it's true), if you're interviewed and pass you'll get a job cause they don't want to waste time interviewing you again in the next round. The only times this isn't true is during the recession when there was a hiring freeze, and in regional competitions as there is less jobs.

Finally got my assignment :D Any luck with yours Redgreen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

KMacDW wrote: »

Congratulations!

Have been lurking here for months. I know a non-boardsie who is in batch 3.2 and is happy to wait patiently for an outcome. I, on the other hand, am forever checking here for any scraps of information as to progress. So thank you - and others of course - for your updates and good luck with the assignment.

I'll post when mid-teens in 3.2 hears something. I will not be in a position to ring PAS :eek: can you imagine! :pac::pac::pac:

Deadly! Where did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Congrats brother. All the best with it.

Meanwhile, 3.2 waits in the wings :)

Got my assignment this morning too! Woohoo

Good luck batch 3.2 - your time is nearing :)

Having watched this thread for quite some time, I'm delighted to see the names with which I've become familiar getting their assignments - Congratulations!

Anyway, quick question for those in the know....

If someone is waiting to be called to Stage 2, do you suppose they'll be reached before this competition/campaign runs its course?

Rumours abound about a mass exodus in about 12 months from now - although mass probably could be just dozens.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Having watched this thread for quite some time, I'm delighted to see the names with which I've become familiar getting their assignments - Congratulations!

Anyway, quick question for those in the know....

If someone is waiting to be called to Stage 2, do you suppose they'll be reached before this competition/campaign runs its course?

Rumours abound about a mass exodus in about 12 months from now - although mass probably could be just dozens.

Thanks
    Waiting to be called for supervised exams? I would have thought everyone had done those by now.

Waiting to be called for supervised exams? I would have thought everyone had done those by now.

yes, the person in question is hoping to be called. I wonder if those lower down the OOM are just left in limbo. Or, to put it bluntly, has that ship sailed?

yes, the person in question is hoping to be called. I wonder if those lower down the OOM are just left in limbo. Or, to put it bluntly, has that ship sailed?
    I'm no expert on the matter but someone involved in recruitment within the public sector recently told me that in their opinion, they'd only expect those already interviewed to get positions now. Meaning those waiting on interviews or tests are unlikely to be reached.

I can relate to anyone who misses out. I passed interview for a previous AO competition, but my OOM was never reached before it expired.

I'm no expert on the matter but someone involved in recruitment within the public sector recently told me that in their opinion, they'd only expect those already interviewed to get positions now. Meaning those waiting on interviews or tests are unlikely to be reached.

I can relate to anyone who misses out. I passed interview for a previous AO competition, but my OOM was never reached before it expired.

Thanks for that K. Fair play, you didn't let that previous disappointment deter you, and now its paid off. Onwards and upwards now!!!

My interested party is reading this thread, so will hopefully be buoyed by the second part of your reply.

I also have a close family member in mid teens batch 3.2 and she is definitely NOT reading this thread, and I daren't tell her I'm watching progress on her behalf:eek::eek::D.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

That's unfortunate. I was hoping to at least get an interview. Although I'm CO already in public service, I'd love to progress to EO level in this competition. Otherwise it's a nightmare repeating the same process again next year. Hopefully you are wrong there and there would be more demand in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Quick update for anyone interested. I just called PAS enquiring about upcoming interviews. Apparently no more are planned this side of Christmas, but could be some in the new year as the competition runs till September 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Quick update for anyone interested. I just called PAS enquiring about upcoming interviews. Apparently no more are planned this side of Christmas, but could be some in the new year as the competition runs till September 2020.

Bodes well for those in batches already to get placed so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TX1

Person I work with has been promoted since last Tuesday. They were in Batch 2.2

This is never ending. Got the call from my new department last Wednesday, they asked me to start on a certain date. I told them I couldn’t start until a week later; they said they’d have to check something but would email me later in the day but I haven’t heard anything since.

This is never ending. Got the call from my new department last Wednesday, they asked me to start on a certain date. I told them I couldn’t start until a week later; they said they’d have to check something but would email me later in the day but I haven’t heard anything since.

Your first few weeks will be spent getting to grips with your new role, so I can't see why they'd need you on a certain date. You should be grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement