Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Merrion2019

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Are the interviews scheduled for then?

I would imagine if there were interviews on the week of the 25th November, they would have been advertised by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lultam

Just got a mail about department allocation (7th in Open 3.2) that was a lot sooner than I expected...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

Lultam wrote: »
    Just got a mail about department allocation (7th in Open 3.2) that was a lot sooner than I expected...

Looks like things may have picked up. Lets hope it keeps up

• Registered Users Posts: 26 maireadv

I got email about department as well! I'm late teens open in 3.2 - I called and they emailed a batch so check your spam folders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Yup, got email and provisional offer for department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Probably redundant information now. No xx in 3.2 has been appointed.

Good luck to you all.

Edit : Possible identifying info removed, talk about paranoia. Anyway, I think those interested here, have seen what they needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NatashaB16

I got an email too! Asked to stay in my current department so no extra information, was just told that I would be contacted again soon. I was no.25 in batch 3.2

Woohoo! :D

Anyone have a rough idea of the likely turnaround time for how long the process takes from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Where are 3.2 being placed so far if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Nekro Man wrote: »

Don't worry, I doubt it's AGS :pac:

• Advertisement

Well, at least one has gone to Justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I would imagine if there were interviews on the week of the 25th November, they would have been advertised by now.

That's what I was thinking. Would they give that short of notice for the interview stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Holy **** that's picked up pace, looks like I'm gonna get the call soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

Hi a question for those who are existing civil servants. I have heard that at CO level you can work up extra days leave, is this also the case at the EO grade? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Sixofone wrote: »
    Hi a question for those who are existing civil servants. I have heard that at CO level you can work up extra days leave, is this also the case at the EO grade? Thanks.

Flexi time? Yes yo to AP level you can work yo flexi time once the department allows it

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Flexi time? Yes yo to AP level you can work yo flexi time once the department allows it

Pretty sure flexi is gone for AP's now. Some still have it on a legacy basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I'm not sure how many days this works out over the course of the year, but you can use a day and a half Flexi every Flexi period, which is every 4 weeks.

That's an additional 16.5 days over the year roughly, if you don't include January.

Pretty sure flexi is gone for AP's now. Some still have it on a legacy basis.

At this time an AP hired post 1995 can't use flexi , supposedly.

But then again, if you're an AP you manage your own clock etc and from what I see most AP staff cone and go when the want , as long as their work is done.

Thanks everyone thats very helpful. The extra leave available makes the job much more attractive...

• Advertisement

Those who have been called in 3.1 and 3.2, what have you been asked to provide once you're given a department (even provisionally)?

I'm within spitting distance of those called so far and I want to get my details in order so I can send them off as soon as the email comes :)

Those who have been called in 3.1 and 3.2, what have you been asked to provide once you're given a department (even provisionally)?

I'm within spitting distance of those called so far and I want to get my details in order so I can send them off as soon as the email comes :)

I know that for vetting, you will be asked for a list of every address you've lived at, and the dates of when you lived at those addresses. Even if you've lived abroad, you'll need those as well.

I'm sure there's more, but I know a family member was asked for that, and they had foreign addresses, which I think caused a longer wait for clearance.

I know that for vetting, you will be asked for a list of every address you've lived at, and the dates of when you lived at those addresses. Even if you've lived abroad, you'll need those as well.

I'm sure there's more, but I know a family member was asked for that, and they had foreign addresses, which I think caused a longer wait for clearance.

Thanks for that, I have my addresses sorted, I'll need to append dates though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Sinus pain wrote: »

Also APs of long standing who could use flexi-time can, I believe, still use it in some Departments. HEO and AO are normally the highest grades with flexi.

Also in spitting distance, no idea why but I'm overdone with anxiety :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 M50 commuter

Hi, I've just finished my clearance. I had to have proof of qualifications listed in my application.

Also, make sure that you have email addresses for your references. Supposedly, they couldn't get answers when they tried ringing my references

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone thats very helpful. The extra leave available makes the job much more attractive...

It all depends on the department and/or the office you are assigned to. There are plenty that don't offer flexi. But some also have shift-work, which will pay a premium rate on top of the normal salary. All depends on what you get offered

I had to have proof of qualifications listed in my application.

Also, make sure that you have email addresses for your references. Supposedly, they couldn't get answers when they tried ringing my references

I handed in copys of my qualifications at the interview, do they need them a 2nd time?
    Also, make sure that you have email addresses for your references.

My one reference (in the same job for 5+ years) sits at the floor below me and is waiting for this call as it stands, good shout on the email though, I'll have it to hand.

cheers!

I handed in copys of my qualifications at the interview, do they need them a 2nd time?

Different people do the interviews and the clearance. So you may need to submit them again

My one reference (in the same job for 5+ years) sits at the floor below me and is waiting for this call as it stands, good shout on the email though, I'll have it to hand.

cheers!

I was told 2 references, but that may be because I had changed jobs within 3 previous years

I was told 2 references, but that may be because I had changed jobs within 3 previous years

I questioned that too, they said that since I was in the same job for more than 3 years that the one would be alright.

that said, I can pull a 2nd if needs be, it'll just be in the same company.

anyone else in 3.2 get a call or email this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Merrion2019

They at least got as far as no. 25 on 3.2. Did anyone with a higher oom get called yet?

They at least got as far as no. 25 on 3.2. Did anyone with a higher oom get called yet?

I reckon they'll need a couple of weeks to clear through that lot first, then they'll lash through another bunch of 3.2 If the demand is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Just a note on flexitime if it wasn't mentioned.
    You have to work up the flexitime to take off in the next flexi period.
    As in, if you want a half day flexi next period, you have to work up 3 hours 42 minutes this period.
    If you want a full day, that's 7 hours 24 mins. A day and a half, 11 hours 06 minutes.
    If you don't work up enough time, you can't take the flexi. So if you're 1 minute out, tough luck.
    My department is strict on that.

Kamu wrote: »
    Just a note on flexitime if it wasn't mentioned.
    You have to work up the flexitime to take off in the next flexi period.
    As in, if you want a half day flexi next period, you have to work up 3 hours 42 minutes this period.
    If you want a full day, that's 7 hours 24 mins. A day and a half, 11 hours 06 minutes.
    If you don't work up enough time, you can't take the flexi. So if you're 1 minute out, tough luck.
    My department is strict on that.

That is Department Dependent .

In my current Department you can take a flexi day and then work it back up later, as long as your clock is at zero or plus when you request it.

italodisco wrote: »
    That is Department Dependent .

In my current Department you can take a flexi day and then work it back up later, as long as your clock is at zero or plus when you request it.

I'm a CO in Justice atm, If I want flexi I have to work it up to take in the next flexi period.

I will say though, the being short a few minutes depending on your manager, If I was 10 minutes short a day my manager would let me take it if I was reliable with building up the time.

Question for anyone who has been assigned departments in the last couple of weeks:

Has anyone gotten a start date for this year?

My new department only wants me to start in January. The excuse is that payroll for December has already been completed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Question for anyone who has been assigned departments in the last couple of weeks:

Has anyone gotten a start date for this year?

My new department only wants me to start in January. The excuse is that payroll for December has already been completed

I did, I'll be starting December 9th, but I'm an existing Civil Servant.
    They did say that if I don't start by the end of November that I probably won't be put in the payroll and I told them that's fine.
    I most likely won't be paid until January.

Kamu wrote: »
    I did, I'll be starting December 9th, but I'm an existing Civil Servant.
    They did say that if I don't start by the end of November that I probably won't be put in the payroll and I told them that's fine.
    I most likely won't be paid until January.

Yeah, I'm an existing CO, and my HEO would be fine to let me go in December. I tried telling the HR guy in my new department, but no joy...

Hi thanks for all the feedback on my flexi-time question. Flexible working is pretty important to me (have young children and will be managing school/childcare drop offs and pick ups). If not every department has this, would it be possible to request this at allocation time or do you just have to keep your fingers crossed that you get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Goofball212

I just got an email asking if I would be interested in EO for Irish language vacancies. I placed above 100 in batch 3.2 and was wondering has anyone else received this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

anyone in top 5 get calls yet? Ive sent in my addresses and still waiting...

I just got an email asking if I would be interested in EO for Irish language vacancies. I placed above 100 in batch 3.2 and was wondering has anyone else received this

Yeah got that as well, I think we all did .

Hard to find decent irish speakers to be fair

belgowho wrote: »
    anyone in top 5 get calls yet? Ive sent in my addresses and still waiting...

I'm seventh and I haven't gotten anything yet, I'll post here once I hear word

Hi thanks for all the feedback on my flexi-time question. Flexible working is pretty important to me (have young children and will be managing school/childcare drop offs and pick ups). If not every department has this, would it be possible to request this at allocation time or do you just have to keep your fingers crossed that you get lucky?

AFAIK its luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NiallArmstrong

Hi all,

Just a quick enquiry....I was assigned to a Dept at the end of October (I was early batch 3.1) but have heard nothing from their HR Dept since then....I presume because they assigned me to a Department that the vetting/references etc. was completed.

Just wondering if anybody has any similar experiences with the long waiting time before being contacted by their Dept and if this delay is normal?

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kitkat1995

Hi All,

Have my interview for the interdepartmental stream next monday (25/11), I was wondering and hoping if any one can give me tips on what to bring, need and what they ask? Just looking for some insight.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Hi all,

Just a quick enquiry....I was assigned to a Dept at the end of October (I was early batch 3.1) but have heard nothing from their HR Dept since then....I presume because they assigned me to a Department that the vetting/references etc. was completed.

Just wondering if anybody has any similar experiences with the long waiting time before being contacted by their Dept and if this delay is normal?

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

PAS have done their bit now, so it's in the hands of local HR.

I'd get in touch with whoever called you from your new Department.

If that doesn't work, you can always call the switch and ask to be transferred to a CO in HR.

I got a follow up email from the Friday email saying they'd be in touch shortly regarding clearance, I'm in Justice already so don't have to do vetting.

Kitkat1995 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have my interview for the interdepartmental stream next monday (25/11), I was wondering and hoping if any one can give me tips on what to bring, need and what they ask? Just looking for some insight.

Thanks in advance

Look at the competencies and have two examples for each. Remember it's I, not we and the STAR method (have a youtube) is useful for getting the point across. Do you have a HEO or AP that will mock interview you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Redgreenbin

Hey,

I emailed the address that was included in my assignment notice on public jobs and gave my ideal start date - they said the date was fine so I’m starting on the 16th of December

Have you tried to email them?

Advertisement