Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TX1

Does anyone know if they are calling more people in for etrays?

It’s possible but getting more unlikely by the day. I passed it in June and still awaiting interview but should scrape one before the competition expires. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I got an email from PAS on Monday to see if I was still interested in going for the interview stage next. It only mentioned interdepartmental and not open. They said they hope to have the interviews taking place shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Anyone that is on the Open Competition that has passed the EO Etray know when they are scheduling the next set of interviews if any? Also anyone know what date the competition closes on?

Thanks,
    Nicole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I got an email from PAS on Monday to see if I was still interested in going for the interview stage next. It only mentioned interdepartmental and not open. They said they hope to have the interviews taking place shortly.

Good to hear. I didn't get an email, but thought I was high enough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blindalley

Can someone explain why they are calling interdepartmental interviews only, has it something to do with the percentage breakdown of jobs allocated so far since the competition began? to keep the percentage breakdown correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

Blindalley wrote: »
    Can someone explain why they are calling interdepartmental interviews only, has it something to do with the percentage breakdown of jobs allocated so far since the competition began? to keep the percentage breakdown correct?

I on interdepartmental and haven't been called. In the department I'm in its supposed to be 1 open 1 interdepartmental and 1 eternal candidate places for every 3 vacancies. If you understand what I'm trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blindalley

I do actually, that's for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

Do you mind me asking what date you sat your supervised tests? hoping to be called shortly myself

aidan364 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what date you sat your supervised tests? hoping to be called shortly myself

I sat the tests on the 15th of May and got the results mid June.

• Advertisement

I sat the tests on the 15th of May and got the results mid June.

Cheers. I was early June so hopefully not too long. Good luck with the interview.

Thanks. Hope you get to hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Would a snap election in the coming months affect this competition?

I was told last week in work that during an election campaign, civil departments go into a bit of a freeze but not sure to what extent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I hope it won't have much effect, as I'm actually still in the waiting room in a way. I was interviewed, which resulted in a strong placement of 2 in the interdepartmental part of the competition. However, I got a phone which advised that as of August 2018, all of my TCO service of over a year was public service work, which means it cannot count for an interdepartmental competition. I had 1/2 years established service as a CO then, and the TCO service was needed for the balance. Now, it was confirmed that my interview result stands, but I will have to await the completion of batch 3.3 open interviews, before I get an actual placement. I therefore really hope politicking doesn't slow matters up for me and anyone waiting.

I hope it won't have much effect, as I'm actually still in the waiting room in a way. I was interviewed, which resulted in a strong placement of 2 in the interdepartmental part of the competition. However, I got a phone which advised that as of August 2018, all of my TCO service of over a year was public service work, which means it cannot count for an interdepartmental competition. I had 1/2 years established service as a CO then, and the TCO service was needed for the balance. Now, it was confirmed that my interview result stands, but I will have to await the completion of batch 3.3 open interviews, before I get an actual placement. I therefore really hope politicking doesn't slow matters up for me and anyone waiting.

Fingers crossed.

Dáil to be dissolved today, so time will tell.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.

Dáil to be dissolved today, so time will tell.

Told they're still interviewing for 3.2, but matters are moving slowly as Departments need to request the EOs, but PAS had interviewed 3.3 inter-d because of a lack of candidates (but I wasn't eligible because my balance of six months was public service TCO employment), so will have to wait a while before they reach me on the open panel, when I'll be slotted in the order of merit for open 3.3. Poli

• Advertisement

Told they're still interviewing for 3.2, but matters are moving slowly as Departments need to request the EOs, but PAS had interviewed 3.3 inter-d because of a lack of candidates (but I wasn't eligible because my balance of six months was public service TCO employment), so will have to wait a while before they reach me on the open panel, when I'll be slotted in the order of merit for open 3.3. Poli

Out of curiosity did you sit your supervised tests in May or June of 2019 to be part of 3.3?

Out of curiosity did you sit your supervised tests in May or June of 2019 to be part of 3.3?

3rd May, 9:00. I'm probably not really 3.3 until I'm placed when 3.3 open interviews take place.

3rd May, 9:00. I'm probably not really 3.3 until I'm placed when 3.3 open interviews take place.

That's great cheers for that. I sat in June so hopefully 3.3 open interviews move along quickly. Hopefully they get to you soon enough.

That's great cheers for that. I sat in June so hopefully 3.3 open interviews move along quickly. Hopefully they get to you soon enough.

Hopefully, the PAS staff member whom I talking to, did say it was moving slowly for now, as Departments need to request staff, and aren't really doing so for now. Waiting now....

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Any idea what number panel 3.2 is currently at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Merrion2019

Any idea what number panel 3.2 is currently at?

They were at approx. oom 70 last Monday.

They were at approx. oom 70 last Monday.

How many each batch? Or is it not set?

TX1 wrote: »
    How many each batch? Or is it not set?

I don't think there is a set number, but there is over 100 in batch 3.2 for sure.

Serving civil servant here who's number is about to come up on the open stream.

Can anyone advise what the clearing process is for serving CS and what my line manager will be expected to provide.

She has asked me to query this, as she likes to have her ducks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Serving civil servant here who's number is about to come up on the open stream.

Can anyone advise what the clearing process is for serving CS and what my line manager will be expected to provide.

She has asked me to query this, as she likes to have her ducks in a row.

You'd think she'd be the sort to contact HR / have you contact HR rather than asking randomers on the interweb. Basic reference and detail of any sick leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rye Bread

No more interviews planned for the next while according to PAS. Pretty frustrating, but hopefully they'll get requests from departments later in the year.

Rye Bread wrote: »
    No more interviews planned for the next while according to PAS. Pretty frustrating, but hopefully they'll get requests from departments later in the year.

.... Except for the ones held today for persons notified only last week.

.... Except for the ones held today for persons notified only last week.

Did you get an interview?

Did you get an interview?

Nope but I know a few who have. It’s very annoying to still be waiting 7 months after passing the etray to get an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noelser

Nope but I know a few who have. It’s very annoying to still be waiting 7 months after passing the etray to get an interview.

Hopefully we hear in February, just want it over with at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭paintitwhite

I am on the panel passed the interview. Am I right in saying if I don't get placed by July I wont get placed at all?

I hear that they're calling people on the inter interdepartmental for supervised tests. I wonder if they're going to run another batch of interviews.

I am on the panel passed the interview. Am I right in saying if I don't get placed by July I wont get placed at all?

The panel expires after 2 years but there does appear to be some latitude in that, especially if you're waiting for Garda clearance at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Friend of mine works with a lad who got the call from pas week before Xmas, hasn't heard a thing since.
    Seems to be on a serious go slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

italodisco wrote: »
    Friend of mine works with a lad who got the call from pas week before Xmas, hasn't heard a thing since.
    Seems to be on a serious go slow

PAS advised me that they're into the 100's now on 3.2, so moving quick enough in that sense.

Whether placement after that is quick, I'm not sure.

Beverly Hills, California

PAS advised me that they're into the 100's now on 3.2, so moving quick enough in that sense.

Whether placement after that is quick, I'm not sure.

Did they happen to mention where in the 100's they were?

I have just been contacted to attend interdepartmental interviews soon. I had to confirm my eligibility for Inter D stream. I sat my supervised tests in June 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Did they happen to mention where in the 100's they were?

No mention of a specific number, just that they were in the early 100's.

Has anyone in the high 90's/early 100's received a call about clearance and can confirm this?

I'm always suspicious about the numbers PAS give me.

Beverly Hills, California

No mention of a specific number, just that they were in the early 100's.

Has anyone in the high 90's/early 100's received a call about clearance and can confirm this?

I'm always suspicious about the numbers PAS give me.

I was in contact with PAS today, they are in the 120s in batch 3.2

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the NSSO in Clonskeagh is like, and what sort of roles an EO would have? Also would flexi or overtime be available?

Looks like they are asking some people on the interdepartmental stream to book supervised tests. I wonder if there a few EO positions to be filled, and if the powers that be are concentrating on those who applied via the interdepartmental option. Not sure if anymore from the open stream got called for interview after the small batch in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Does anyone know what the NSSO in Clonskeagh is like, and what sort of roles an EO would have? Also would flexi or overtime be available?

Genuinely heard nothing but dread about it.

A serious amount of their staff are on the civil service mobility list to move elsewhere.
    It doesn't have a great rep at all. Also the chances of promotion are quite low internally.

I heard they're interviewing more at the end of Feb with this competition, that is, rang up looking for an update on my own EO 2018 application, and got that update.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noelser

I heard they're interviewing more at the end of Feb with this competition, that is, rang up looking for an update on my own EO 2018 application, and got that update.

I don't suppose you know if that's inter departmental or open?

Noelser wrote: »
    I don't suppose you know if that's inter departmental or open?

Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I'm in for interview next week on the interdepartmental. OOM early 20's. Sat my supervised tests last June.

For anyone who has sat the interview already, do the board throw any curve balls at you or do they stick to the competencies?

For anyone who has sat the interview already, do the board throw any curve balls at you or do they stick to the competencies?

They stick to the competencies but if you're thrown by any of the questions they do try and rephrase it to get the response they're looking for. The panel try and help you as much as possible. They are there to probe your experience rather than catch you out.

Did you end up placed there?

It can't be too bad, I know someone who worked there as a CO and placed as an EO on this panel.

They had requested to stay where they were as an EO but it didn't work out and they were disappointed.

Did you end up placed there?

It can't be too bad, I know someone who worked there as a CO and placed as an EO on this panel.

They had requested to stay where they were as an EO but it didn't work out and they were disappointed.
    Yes, I’ve heard it’s a bit chaotic from a former CO, but maybe that’s dated info as it was only set up a few years ago. I suppose it will generally be processing annual leave and sick leave etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement