Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Yes, I’ve heard it’s a bit chaotic from a former CO, but maybe that’s dated info as it was only set up a few years ago. I suppose it will generally be processing annual leave and sick leave etc.

I think it's much improved. NSSO / Peoplepoint was of itself an idea which has just meant needless duplication with local HR, but they carry out their functions efficiently now, so I'd reckon things have settled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jujubeans

Got interview invitation today.
    Sat the supervised test last May OOM 299 Open

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭TheJet

Got message inviting me for interview last week of Feb/1st week of March. What happens if they don’t suit. Will find it difficult to get time off work. Am I gone of the panel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

TheJet wrote: »
    Got message inviting me for interview last week of Feb/1st week of March. What happens if they don’t suit. Will find it difficult to get time off work. Am I gone of the panel then?

I'd contact them ASAP to try and rearrange. They can be flexible sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Yes, I’ve heard it’s a bit chaotic from a former CO, but maybe that’s dated info as it was only set up a few years ago. I suppose it will generally be processing annual leave and sick leave etc.

As an EO, you may have a team of COs who are processors and call takers. That would be great experience.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sartre

I got invite to interview. However, the application form I filled out 18 months ago is pretty outdated at this stage. I finished college and am now a serving civil servant. Should I bring an updated cv or will telling them in interview be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TX1

Sartre wrote: »
    I got invite to interview. However, the application form I filled out 18 months ago is pretty outdated at this stage. I finished college and am now a serving civil servant. Should I bring an updated cv or will telling them in interview be enough?

I’m not sure they even use this for the interview as it’s quite limited. They won’t be aware what you have done and it’s the purpose of the interview to establish that.

I may be wrong but that is my understanding.

TX1 wrote: »
    I’m not sure they even use this for the interview as it’s quite limited. They won’t be aware what you have done and it’s the purpose of the interview to establish that.

I may be wrong but that is my understanding.

Interviews for this relate to the competencies. If the application has anything related to that, they will ask, but the meat of the interview will be relating anything you've done which relate the competencies. You tell, you don't bring along another document. It would be wise to be fully aware of anything on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MozMael

I was originally scheduled to do my test in May but had to postpone for a month because of doing Jury service. Still waiting for an interview call. Hoping it will happen sometime soon! I was in the 70s on the opes stream but don't think they've gotten to that June test batch yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

MozMael wrote: »
    I was originally scheduled to do my test in May but had to postpone for a month because of doing Jury service. Still waiting for an interview call. Hoping it will happen sometime soon! I was in the 70s on the opes stream but don't think they've gotten to that June test batch yet?

They have started that batch for the interdepartmental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 MozMael

jules86 wrote: »
    They have started that batch for the interdepartmental

Ah. Well i'll take that as a positive!

Got the word this morning that I passed the interdepartmental stream of the competition. Does anyone have any ideas where new appointments have been made recently?

Can someone tell me where the batch numbers are? I placed in the low interdepartmental stream but no reference to a batch number.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I don't think there are any batch numbers on the Interdepartmental stream only on the open. I placed on the interdepartmental stream recently and received no batch number.

Divisadero wrote: »
    I don't think there are any batch numbers on the Interdepartmental stream only on the open. I placed on the interdepartmental stream recently and received no batch number.

Thanks .... So you slot in ahead of people who interviewed before you if you place higher??? That hardly seems fair.

I really don't know how it works. But that panel does seem to have some movement at the moment. I interviewed at the end of January and placed in the late teens early twenties. I recently received an offer.

Divisadero wrote: »
    I really don't know how it works. But that panel does seem to have some movement at the moment. I interviewed at the end of January and placed in the late teens early twenties. I recently received an offer.

Woah so it’s definitely moving fast then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cyrstal Maze

Have my interview this Thursday. I will be reviewing my original application and adding in any additional experience since then. The booklet for this competition highlights the specific competencies required for this position so I imagine that having at least two examples for each is necessary. I also like to use the STAR (Situation, task, action, result) aid when putting across a particular example. It helps to keep your points concise. (you can also add another 'R' to the Star method i.e. STARR with the 2nd 'R' for Review of a specific situation you are relaying to the interviewers. Good luck everyone.

Was anyone placed with Justice and how flexible are they with location or are you just placed where they need?

I'm sure they will try to accommodate where they can, but it might just be wherever they need you. Where you placed off the inter d panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Got a place on the Interd panel, late teens. How long do you all reckon for a placement to come up?

Got a place on the Interd panel, late teens. How long do you all reckon for a placement to come up?

If the offers keep coming in at the same rate as they have very recently I would guess any day or even minute! Of course if the requests to PAS dry up again then it's a case of who knows. But I would be surprised if you don't get an offer before too long.

I'm just off the phone with them. I placed within the top 10. They told me they would be calling me early next week with an offer. They should be calling you soon enough too.

aidan364 wrote: »
    I'm just off the phone with them. I placed within the top 10. They told me they would be calling me early next week with an offer. They should be calling you soon enough too.

Same. Was told Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Had my interview today, I thought it was really tough. Not confident I had done enough to pass. Does anyone know how long we'll hear? What are the scores for passing each competency? I was open stream

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Had my interview today, I thought it was really tough. Not confident I had done enough to pass. Does anyone know how long we'll hear? What are the scores for passing each competency? I was open stream

You’ll know in a week. 20 for each comp I think.

• Advertisement

You’ll know in a week. 20 for each comp I think.

Great, thanks. Hope I hear soon. Not sure if I even scored that.

The qualifying score for each competency is 20 with a maximum score for each being 50. I'm sure you did a lot better than you thought. A tough interview can show that they are interested in what you are saying and are trying to get the best out of you. Try not to fret too much.

I found out within 3 days on the InterD stream. I'm sure if you give them a call they will be able to give you a time frame. It is an agonising wait.

Best of luck.

The qualifying score for each competency is 20 with a maximum score for each being 50. I'm sure you did a lot better than you thought. A tough interview can show that they are interested in what you are saying and are trying to get the best out of you. Try not to fret too much.

I found out within 3 days on the InterD stream. I'm sure if you give them a call they will be able to give you a time frame. It is an agonising wait.

Best of luck.

Thanks very much! I was just really nervous at the beginning and stumbled upon one competency, she was asking it a different angles to try and get a straight answer but I just froze.
    I might call next week if I don't hear anything. Just hope my later recovery made up a bit for the initial disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

stage 2 placed in the 50s for external Dublin, any idea how near an interview is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jujubeans

Was the whole interview just based on the competencies or did they ask anything outside of them ?

• Advertisement

Jujubeans wrote: »
    Was the whole interview just based on the competencies or did they ask anything outside of them ?

Yeah, pretty much. Examples for all 5 competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

Have many failed the interview? I went in really confident and came out the complete opposite😅

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Raje94

Interviews are very casual, almost hard to answer the questions it's so casual. I know I answered well but still feel like I possibly failed!

Fingers crossed for results being out mid-March...Friday 13th 😂

Emailed this morning to say they reached my place on the panel and they will be in touch soon. Has anyone else heard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Emailed this morning to say they reached my place on the panel and they will be in touch soon. Has anyone else heard?

Same. Tick tock

So after a process of 18 months I finally got confirmed in my new role. Best of luck to those still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So after a process of 18 months I finally got confirmed in my new role. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Raje94

I wonder if we'll get interview results this week 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cyrstal Maze

Yeah the waiting. Had my interview two weeks ago nearly. Hopefully hear something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noelser

Anyone have any idea when the people who sat their etray in June might be called for interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ballyerlas

Heard back just now I made the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

ballyerlas wrote: »
    Heard back just now I made the panel.

Congrats. I passed interview too. I'd say there will be huge delays with the current crisis.

Hopefully I hear soon. My situation of passing the interview a while back with a good score, but all my TCO service been ineligible as it was Public Service, so being put on the Open Competition, should hopefully resolve. It could be a while with the WuFlu situation tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Hopefully I hear soon. My situation of passing the interview a while back with a good score, but all my TCO service been ineligible as it was Public Service, so being put on the Open Competition, should hopefully resolve. It could be a while with the WuFlu situation tho.

Fingers crossed all will work out for you.

Busle wrote: »
    Fingers crossed all will work out for you.

I would imagine it will be faster as Department of Health and Department of Welfare will need more staff now more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ballyerlas

Busle wrote: »
    Congrats. I passed interview too. I'd say there will be huge delays with the current crisis.

Well done on passing.I passed the interview but scored really low. I was number 3 on an internal panel but just scrapped by on this one. I did the exact same interview but I guess it was just a different panel who saw me differently. I would say it would move quick enough as they will need front line staff.

Actually, I hadn't checked my texts, so there's something from Publicjobs, and on logging into it, I'm placed 12 on the open stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seansouth44

Passed the interview comfortably, would imagine they will need front line staff but then there is the issue of training and social distancing. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Passed the interview comfortably, would imagine they will need front line staff but then there is the issue of training and social distancing. Thoughts?

I would be very surprised if people are assigned before this whole thing is over. To cover shortages they will reassign existing civil servants first and I would expect that to be cover what they need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Panel due to expire in August.
    Wonder will they extend due to all that's happening now

Advertisement