Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling flights paid with paypal

Options
  • 03-08-2018 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭

I booked flights yesterday through sky scanner and paid using PayPal. Now I’ve realised that going away then wouldn’t be the most convenient for the person I’m travelling with (I know my bad). Can I cancel my flights at all or apply for a refund through PayPal? I know I won’t get a refund of accomodation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I don't think paypal will jump to refund you just because it was" inconvenient " for your friend to fly.
    But i would like to know if they would for legitimate reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's down to the airline not PayPal, and almost certainly not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Nothing to do with PayPal. It's with the airline or travel agency you used. Call them ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Did you book with the airline or skyscanner as an agent? You may be able to change the date of the tickets for a fee, or perhaps change the name on the ticket. Paypal cannot refund you if it was your mistake if there was nothing wrong at the airline side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks for the replies. It looked to be even more hassle than it was worth to try and cancel the flights, especially when outbound and inbound flights were with different airlines. I had to tell the other person about my plans and if there was a way to make it work out. Few things have been shifted around now.

Moral of the story: don't try and be romantic and arrange a surprise break away with your other half!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement