Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile no coverage?

Options
  • 03-08-2018 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there an issue at the moment? I am in Swords here and no coverage whatsoever.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Probably 3/Tesco network is down again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

done a scan for networks it cannot see Lycamobile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Update: Called Lyca rep on the phone was great it looks like my SIM card is damaged Ill get a new one and do a sim swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I am now experiencing the exact same symptoms with my Lycamobile number as stevek93 described a couple of months ago.
    Phone number was topped up with a bundle on Monday and was still working fine in middle of day on Wednesday as I made and received some calls during that time. It was only when someone, who would normally call the mobile, instead rang on landline earlier today (Thursday) that I copped something was wrong.

My SIM was only first used around the end of September and has never been taken out of the phone since then until this evening, when I tried it in a second phone which gave the same results.

I expect mine has suffered a similar issue to steve’s card, but why would a SIM break down and fail so quickly?
    I am in a location with pretty dodgy coverage by eir and extremely poor by Vodafone, but the Three network, and Lyca which shares Three have pretty decent coverage here, so the phone shouldn’t be ramping up the power too much when trying to hold a signal.

Advertisement