Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2018 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How come An Extra Slice was on Thursday this week? :confused:

Briony by far the most personable and likeable of the contestants to appear so far! Closely followed by Jon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Lollers.

47170-B8-B-C834-4826-96-A8-6703-D7-D25425.jpg

Addle wrote: »
    Has Ruby been so consistent?
    She was lucky not to leave a couple of times in the early stages of the competition.

Yes, she has only really become consistent in the last few episodes.

Yes, she has only really become consistent in the last few episodes.
    She seems to have timed her improvement curve to perfection. Certainly a lot better than some of the others!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    She seems to have timed her improvement curve to perfection. Certainly a lot better than some of the others!

Kinda reminds me of Nadiya, who had a shaky enough start. Nadiya almost went one week when she and Alvin couldn’t be separated so that they had to look back at past performance. However I don’t think Ruby has distinguished herself like Nadiya did once she hit her stride. This isn’t really a strong final three this year when you consider that Nadiya’s year, the other two finalists were Tamal and Ian who were both excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rahul has got through the last 2 weeks based on his previous performances.

But I think his race is run. Ruby coming on strong at exactly the right time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How come An Extra Slice was on Thursday this week?

Because its the Stand up for Cancer fundraiser tonight in the UK

Manon was hard done by imo...she seemed to be just "going through the motions" on the extra slice, even when Angela Scanlon quizzed her on it she was very tight lipped..i thought.."why does everybody hate the english...:P

I found the tweets on this interesting

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7565773/bake-off-fans-boycott-show-manon-rahul/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Help good people, I'm in a Bake Off quandry!

So, next Tuesday 8pm is the final. The only problem is next Tuesday 8pm, Michael Healy Rae is launching his new book in Killarney.
    So you see my problem? If I go to Kerry, how on earth do I avoid finding out who won until I can watch it on Wednesday night?!

I can stay offline and warn friends not to tell me, but somehow I fear the news will still leak through.

Oh and before anyone suggests watching it after I get home, I'm almost 1 1/2 hours away from Killarney so by the time I get home I'll be heading to the leaba.

First world problems eh?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Help good people, I'm in a Bake Off quandry!

So, next Tuesday 8pm is the final. The only problem is next Tuesday 8pm, Michael Healy Rae is launching his new book in Killarney.
    So you see my problem? If I go to Kerry, how on earth do I avoid finding out who won until I can watch it on Wednesday night?!

I can stay offline and warn friends not to tell me, but somehow I fear the news will still leak through.

Oh and before anyone suggests watching it after I get home, I'm almost 1 1/2 hours away from Killarney so by the time I get home I'll be heading to the leaba.

First world problems eh?! :D

Well whatever you do dont click on this thread so !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Bake off v. Micheal Healy Rae , don't see your problem!!!!

I'm hoping for Ruby, think she has been consistent, good attitude and takes feedback on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ooh I love James Acastar! I'll be watching that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That's a great line up.

Does anyone know why Jo has to keep reminding us that the panel on extra slice is made up of celebrities?!

The most annoying sheleb contestant ever for me has to be Alexa Chung because she kept doing the whole false modesty, “I’m just winging it, I have no idea what I’m doing here” spiel and then producing excellent bakes. :rolleyes: I think that was people’s problem with Series 4’s Ruby too and now Rahul as well kind of.

Addle wrote: »
    That's a great line up.

Does anyone know why Jo has to keep reminding us that the panel on extra slice is made up of celebrities?!

In case we think they are mear mortals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

she may well have got some private coaching from paul :D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The add for the final has ruby repeating 'breathe' to Rahul...so he must think he's in with a good chance of winning?

Absolutely fuming! A colleague though it would be 'funny' to send a pm to me (and a couple of others) marked as urgent- attention needed. Opened the message and it said "X wins Bake Off. Hahaha. Spoiler! :D". So fcuking angry! Messaged the others telling them not to open it, but it was too late :(

Absolutely fuming! A colleague though it would be 'funny' to send a pm to me (and a couple of others) marked as urgent- attention needed. Opened the message and it said "X wins Bake Off. Hahaha. Spoiler! :D". So fcuking angry! Messaged the others telling them not to open it, but it was too late :(

ah that's an awful ****ty thing to do. What kind of an eejit would think that's funny?! Any chance they're lying to wind you up? I did see an episode of duck quacks don't echo where they concluded that we actually enjoy things more when the endings been spoiled for us. (I struggle to believe it though, even after seeing them test it).

• Advertisement

ah that's an awful ****ty thing to do. What kind of an eejit would think that's funny?! Any chance they're lying to wind you up? I did see an episode of duck quacks don't echo where they concluded that we actually enjoy things more when the endings been spoiled for us. (I struggle to believe it though, even after seeing them test it).

I don't know if they're lying or not BuileBeag. You just wouldn't know with this person, but I'm really peed off over it. I know there are spoilers online so I'm deliberately being cautious about what I click on, but I really wasn't expecting that! :mad:

I can't watch until about 10.30 tonight. I really hope I don't hear the results. Might have to turn my phone off.

I can't watch until about 10.30 tonight. I really hope I don't hear the results. Might have to turn my phone off.

I'm the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Lovely message from Terry.

^Aw, that is so sweet. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I genuinely think Paul scares the living sh*te of Rahul.

Faugheen wrote: »

Life scares Rahul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Faugheen wrote: »

I thought that was funny, the way Paul just stared at him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Rahul stated that he’d never eaten a donut but then went on to say that he liked donuts with lots of filling - I really don’t know what to make of him, whether he’s genuine or not.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

This challenge is a pox. It's not baking...

Advertisement