Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K UHD BluRay player

• 03-08-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

So,

I was looking at getting a 4k BluRay player since I finally got a 4K TV.
    Was looking at these models:

• Panasonic DMP-UB700
    • Panasonic DMP-UB900
    • Samsung UBD-M9500

Really veering toward the Panasonic DMP-UB900 https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/blu-ray-players/panasonic-dmp-ub900-1312558/review
    but it's around ~€600 on amazon.

Also someone said the PS4 plays 4k really nicely, but the last thing I need is to get addicted to gaming!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if veering towards the panasonic at 600 i;d be looking more at the oppo 203.

once you move down a level it's much of a muchness. try and get one with Dolby Vision support at least, some level of future proofing.

in that the xbox is probably a better option than the ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

I got a LG ubk90 from richer sounds recently and have no issues so far. I`ve been really impressed by it. It has only youtube and netflix in regards apps, however, I use my nvidia shield for plex and the like.
    It`s half the price of the higher end players and has dolby vision too. A little noisy when loading but quiet while playing a disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I got a LG ubk90 from richer sounds recently and have no issues so far. I`ve been really impressed by it. It has only youtube and netflix in regards apps, however, I use my nvidia shield for plex and the like.
    It`s half the price of the higher end players and has dolby vision too. A little noisy when loading but quiet while playing a disc.

Does that unit have bluetooth ?

Advertisement