Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a good host for larger agencies

• 03-08-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

For users considering using Blacknight I would warn you not to host too many domains with them. With every domain there is a reduction of the performance of the control panel. Granted I have over 200 domains with them but with every click and every action in the control panel taking up to 20 seconds it's ridicously slow. 

I have submitted support tickets with them and while they acknowledge the problem their last response was "there is no fix for this and likely won’t be anytime soon". 

Blacknight do have great support for certainly I would not recommend any users go with Blacknight if they are web agencies hoping to expand their business with them. Go with them for small single websites only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭limnam

jamesozzie wrote: »
    For users considering using Blacknight I would warn you not to host too many domains with them. With every domain there is a reduction of the performance of the control panel. Granted I have over 200 domains with them but with every click and every action in the control panel taking up to 20 seconds it's ridicously slow. 

I have submitted support tickets with them and while they acknowledge the problem their last response was "there is no fix for this and likely won’t be anytime soon". 

Blacknight do have great support for certainly I would not recommend any users go with Blacknight if they are web agencies hoping to expand their business with them. Go with them for small single websites only
    Interesting.

So have you moved your domains and found an Irish hoster that can meet your needs?

jamesozzie wrote: »

Hi Jamesozzie,

Thanks for the feedback and while not all larges customers experience the performance issues you have outlined, we are working with our Vendors to improve the Control Panel performance for larger customers.

Regards,
    Alan

Advertisement