Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is gained on a TT bike for Ironman/Long Distance?

• 03-08-2018 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

I know this question fully depends on the course profile in order to understand the benefits of a TT bike. For argument sake, lets take Ironman Cork next year which has some hilly pulls, downhills and some flat parts. What would be the potential time gain from using a TT bike vs a bog standard road bike?

http://eu.ironman.com/~/media/399c31dc5e8b460e8c59a64e675140d4/imireland%202019%20bike.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cona wrote: »
    I know this question fully depends on the course profile in order to understand the benefits of a TT bike. For argument sake, lets take Ironman Cork next year which has some hilly pulls, downhills and some flat parts. What would be the potential time gain from using a TT bike vs a bog standard road bike?

http://eu.ironman.com/~/media/399c31dc5e8b460e8c59a64e675140d4/imireland%202019%20bike.pdf

Screen-Shot-2016-08-23-at-10.32.55-AM.png

tunney wrote: »
    Screen-Shot-2016-08-23-at-10.32.55-AM.png

A good position on an average TT bike would be 22 minutes, 29 for an pro position on an average TT bike. For most would assume 15-20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Thanks, great info there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Slightly related question, is the tt bike only advantageous because there is no drafting allowed? as I assume they don’t handle well in a bunch?

Slightly related question, is the tt bike only advantageous because there is no drafting allowed? as I assume they don’t handle well in a bunch?

Don't ride a TT in a bunch. Wrong for so many many reasons.

A well running chain gang would of course be the fastest option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement