Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 3 after BoI atm did not dispense cash. Over 2 days with no response.

Options
  • 03-08-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

One of your atms did not dispense cash and went out of service. BoI debited my account and I immediately contacted your 365 online service desk. It is now over 48 hours and you have not responded.
    You have also failed to correct the debit you made inappropriately from my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi fmul9798

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

The debit can take up to 5 business days to resolve on the account. So sorry the ATM did not dispense the funds. It should rectify automatically for you.

Any further questions please feel free to get back to us here.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Day 10
    Still not resolved and I am now told it will be day 19 before the report is back on the atm issue, plus another 2 to 3 days for refund.

This from a bank of Ireland operated atm which failed and went out of service.

This is entirely unacceptable customer service. You debited my account through your equipment failure and want 22 days to refund it?

Be warned, prospective customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Day 10
    Still not resolved and I am now told it will be day 19 before the report is back on the atm issue, plus another 2 to 3 days for refund.

This from a bank of Ireland operated atm which failed and went out of service.

This is entirely unacceptable customer service. You debited my account through your equipment failure and want 22 days to refund it?

Be warned, prospective customers.

Hi fmul9798,

We're sorry to hear this hasn't corrected on your account. Can I ask, is your card held with us and was the ATM that you used attached to a branch or was it a retailer ATM in a shop?

Thanks
    Tara

Bank of Ireland account
    Bank of Ireland card
    Bank of Ireland atm (full service atm in-wall at retailer, not a standalone with limited services)

Hi fmul9798,

We're sorry to hear this hasn't corrected on your account. Can I ask, is your card held with us and was the ATM that you used attached to a branch or was it a retailer ATM in a shop?

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us fmul9798. I’ve checked this and it can take 10-15 days to retrieve the ATM logs and the refund to be applied to your account. We’re sorry again that this happened while using one of our devices.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Well for others following, I have now been provided 5 different stories by bank of Ireland staff regarding timelines.

Tara: 19 days plus 2 to 3 refund is not 10 to 15 days.

Customers: take your business elsewhere.

Thanks for getting back to us fmul9798. I’ve checked this and it can take 10-15 days to retrieve the ATM logs and the refund to be applied to your account. We’re sorry again that this happened while using one of our devices.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement