Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Dungarvan to...

Options
  • 03-08-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

After searching for a good location to relocate in the south I am across Dungarvan. The place looks nice and peaceful though i have no idea about the criminal records for this town as yet. 
    I am considering Dungarvan not just as a place of residence but because it's located somewhere in between waterford city and cork city given a best chance to visit both in an hour commute for work in particular.
    I want to ask anyone who can share his/her views for someone like me who work in the Pharma Regulatory affairs whether would be hard to commute everyday from Dungarvan to Little Island/ringaskiddly? According to Google maps the time is approximately 1hr/1hr15mins respectively. Is there anyone out there who is already doing this trip everyday? Does it really take you that much? Would it be too much travel?
    P.S. I know for my line of work there are more opportunities near Dublin and living nearby such kildare/meath or wicklow maybe more reasonable to commute however I fear the problem in these place have higher criminal records and expensive renting ending up draining 2/3 of your salary to have a roof above your head which in my opinion is way too much.
    I am also adding a Poll with list of towns of preferences. Feel free to choose which believe is best choice overall.
    I am hear your feedback.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

ldsolare wrote: »
    After searching for a good location to relocate in the south I am across Dungarvan. The place looks nice and peaceful though i have no idea about the criminal records for this town as yet. 
    I am considering Dungarvan not just as a place of residence but because it's located somewhere in between waterford city and cork city given a best chance to visit both in an hour commute for work in particular.
    I want to ask anyone who can share his/her views for someone like me who work in the Pharma Regulatory affairs whether would be hard to commute everyday from Dungarvan to Little Island/ringaskiddly? According to Google maps the time is approximately 1hr/1hr15mins respectively. Is there anyone out there who is already doing this trip everyday? Does it really take you that much? Would it be too much travel?
    P.S. I know for my line of work there are more opportunities near Dublin and living nearby such kildare/meath or wicklow maybe more reasonable to commute however I fear the problem in these place have higher criminal records and expensive renting ending up draining 2/3 of your salary to have a roof above your head which in my opinion is way too much.
    I am also adding a Poll with list of towns of preferences. Feel free to choose which believe is best choice overall.
    I am hear your feedback.

thanks.

Uses to commute from Dungarvan to cork daily as was working in Apple. Depending on start time little island is doable in the hour. Have you check GSK in Dungarvan also Clonmel and it's factories are 45 minutes away Waterford 40 minutes and Kilkenny 1 hour great base for all these locations.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Dungarvan is the same as everywhere really, trouble is there if you look for it but generally it’s fine.

The rental situation down here at the moment is absolutely dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I commute daily to Carrigtohill, about 50 mins in the morning and hour in the evening.

Only problem is Castlemartyr in the evening but you can go around it.

Dungarvan itself is a great spot. Really enjoy living here.

Advertisement