Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delkevic Exhausts Expereinces

Options
  • 03-08-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭

Considering getting a set of slip on Delkevic exhausts. Has anyone had any experience with them, particularity fitting them yourself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Got a slip-on Delkevic for my Fazer. Very easy to put on, not much to it. Took about 20-30 minutes if I'm remembering correctly.

Great sound as well at a cheap enough price. I picked up mine for about €160 including postage, got it off amazon at the time as the price was slightly cheaper there than direct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Had one on an 850 TDM for about 12 months. Transferred it to a 1200 Super Tenere.Bought a short connector pipe from them in UK Have done about 30k miles on it. Prefer it to the Ackrapivic which I had on the Tenere No problem whatever in fitting. 15 min job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Top notch stuff. Had pipes and an exhaust on different bikes. No issue getting them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Another advocate for delkevic. Have a full system with stubby can. Sounds sweet. Was easy to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Had one on my SV650, looked great and sounded even better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I fitted a full system onto my son's ER6.

Lovely piece of engineering, couldn't fault it but dammit it was loud!.

Make sure you order the link pipe!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

I fitted a full system onto my son's ER6.

Lovely piece of engineering, couldn't fault it but dammit it was loud!.

Make sure you order the link pipe!.

It's never too loud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Thanks all, I think I'll pull the trigger this weekend. Other than amazon and ebay which are both direct from delkevicuk is there anywhere else I should look to make sure I get the best price. Typical that I want the most expensive version and have 2 silencers on my bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

zubair wrote: »
    Thanks all, I think I'll pull the trigger this weekend. Other than amazon and ebay which are both direct from delkevicuk is there anywhere else I should look to make sure I get the best price. Typical that I want the most expensive version and have 2 silencers on my bike.

Cheapest we found were Ebay.

If you're penny pinching then you'll save a packet on Chinese rip off.

We replaced the Delkevic on the ER6 (because it was offensively loud) with a Chinese Akro copy, at €50 it was a steal and like the Del the engineering was top class.

The problem with Chinese can's is you've to buy a link pipe separately. But if I was to replace the can on my 1200GS I'd be going Chinese and saving a ton of money.

Advertisement