Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makeup for Debs

Options
  • 03-08-2018 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone know a good pace to get makeup done for the debs, preferably in the city centre or Dublin 6/12 ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I always go to Nadine in Preen (Dame St, Dublin 2) for special occasions, she is a brilliant makeup artist.

I haven't been myself but the team at The Makeup Bar in Temple Bar come well recommended.

You could also ring around the counters in BT, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Arnotts etc and see if they have anything. Would recommend Mac, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

When you're going to get your makeup done do you usually show photos of what kind of look you want? Sorry, I don't really get my makeup done often so not sure on the protocol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can do! They might take inspiration from that pictures you show and adapt to suit your face/eye shape, and change colours to suit skin tone. A good qualified make up artist (as opposed to some of the instagram “MUAs” out there!!) will only do you up in a way that’s flattering to your face, and will know what products to use so that you photograph well etc!

I think on your debs it’s nice to have a classic flawless look as opposed to something too trendy, you’ll back on the pics in years to come and won’t cringe!

A little tip, if you have some lipsticks already bring them with you to the appointment so the makeup artist can try match a colour closely to something you have, so you can top up easily, and saves you having to buy one on the day.

Advertisement