Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refugees who escaped truck in laois not being searched for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

mvl wrote: »
    first wave of "escaped refugees" I wonder ?

Wave- always a good fear stirring word! 5 guys is a wave now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Try_harder wrote: »
    The EU is doomed!

If we all wake up dead tomorrow we've only got ourselves to blame.

Thanks Merkel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

These undocumented feckers being in our country, no Irish person would ever do the same in another country.....right?

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    These undocumented feckers being in our country, no Irish person would ever do the same in another country.....right?

they are illegals!!! only poor tommy on the buildings in Boston is undocumented

Try_harder wrote:
    they are illegals!!! only poor tommy on the buildings in Boston is undocumented

My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Wave- always a good fear stirring word! 5 guys is a wave now!
    can call them trailblazers if you prefer :)

Maybe they have gone on a tour of a box factory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Jaysus, an awful lot of posters from Clonskeagh in here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Check you car boot, for additional weight, on your next booze cruise back from Holyhead/Cherbourg/Roscoff.

We just came back from our holidays in france, found a Somalian in the roof box when we got home.

Nice chap, he's out cutting the grass.

deco nate wrote: »

just out of the mosque meself!

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    We just came back from our holidays in france, found a Somalian in the roof box when we got home.

Nice chap, he's out cutting the grass.

doe he ate many brown sauce sandwiches?

mvl wrote:
    can call them trailblazers if you prefer

Advance party, scouts works too.

Advance party, scouts works too.

Recon!

deco nate wrote:

Having a beer enjoying the craic, do the lads in Clonskeagh like Peroni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

jacksie66 wrote: »
    What's the logic behind this? Couple of refugees were discovered in a truck in Laois. They jumped out and ran away. According to this article they're not being searched for? Am I missing something or is this utter madness..
    http://www.midlands103.com/news-centre/no-searches-planned-refugees-laois/

Varadkar's got to be re-elected somehow.

Black Porter!

When they are not in the middle East. yes, among other things

doe he ate many brown sauce sandwiches?

seems happy enough with the lawn clippings so far :D

Try_harder wrote:
    Black Porter!

That's racist.

Hows the night patrol going lads?

• Advertisement

That's racist.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Why would you bother looking for something if you don’t have a clue what you’re looking for? Quiz every non national that runs past?

Why would you bother looking for something if you don’t have a clue what you’re looking for? Quiz every non Irish national that runs past?

FYP

Nobody is non national- except that guy stuck in the airport

Why would you bother looking for something if you don’t have a clue what you’re looking for? Quiz every non national that runs past?

Just fire a few father Ted quotes at them, if they don't get them bring out the batons!!!

deco nate wrote:
    When they are not in the middle East. yes, among other things

Thought those lads hated beer.

Thought those lads hated beer.

Not when they are far from home, get with the program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The minute they got out of the truck it was game over, impossible to spot a couple of new ones amongst all the immigrants in this country.

I went down to the toilet there and there is 4 black lads eating my bread and tayto in a sammich and drinking my Jameson! What should I do? They asked me if I had a deck of cards?

eagle eye wrote: »
    The minute they got out of the truck it was game over, impossible to spot a couple of new ones amongst all the immigrants in this country.

Even for someone with an... eagle eye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I suppose our immigration police who raid many many businesses around the country each week to police against companies employing illegal immigrants will pick them up in no time at all, they are always in the news with the raids they do.

I suppose our immigration police who raid many many businesses around the country each week to police against companies employing illegal immigrants will pick them up in no time at all, they are always in the news with the raids they do.

It is rampant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Laois, Didn't Nixon bomb the sshhit outta there, during the Vietnam war

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Just having a glance at some of the last census results, there's some hilarious stuff in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Effects wrote: »
    Do you want them to just transport from their war torn country straight to Ballaghaderreen, like they would in Start Trek?

Who in their right mind would want to settle in Calais or Cherbourg?

Isn't Ballaghadereen more of a spot for placing those who've legally sought leave to remain in Ireland? Doubt those who've entered the country illegally are headed for such a spot.

They've likely been through several European cities en route to the French port towns, so you'd wonder why they didn't choose to settle in the likes of Vienna. Munich or Lille. Indeed it's not unreasonable to imagine that those fleeing war, famine or persecution would be delighted to just stop and settle in the first safe, prosperous and stable jurisdiction they find themselves in.

The fact so many appear to eschew that for a chance to hop on a lorry to Ireland or the UK tells you there are other factors at play - the lack of robust checks & balances such as national ID cards to access services, a well established network providing access to black-market work, cheap unregulated accommodation, low rates of deportation & an unfortunately impressive knowledge base on how to game the benefits system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

so, the responsibility for processing asylum claims is in the country where the refugees first arrive in EU.
    they could live off grid for a while, until ready for their next destination - so maybe that's the reason for no searches ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The Ballaghaderreen depot is being closed down next year. Perhaps they'll just shift all these illegals now straight to The Heritage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yamanoto wrote: »
    The lack of robust checks & balances such as national ID cards to access services.

Are you talking 2008 or 2018? Don't you need your Public Services Card with a photo these days?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Isn't Ballaghadereen more of a spot for placing those who've legally sought leave to remain in Ireland? Doubt those who've entered the country illegally are headed for such a spot.

They've likely been through several European cities en route to the French port towns, so you'd wonder why they didn't choose to settle in the likes of Vienna. Munich or Lille. Indeed it's not unreasonable to imagine that those fleeing war, famine or persecution would be delighted to just stop and settle in the first safe, prosperous and stable jurisdiction they find themselves in.

The fact so many appear to eschew that for a chance to hop on a lorry to Ireland or the UK tells you there are other factors at play - the lack of robust checks & balances such as national ID cards to access services, a well established network providing access to black-market work, cheap unregulated accommodation, low rates of deportation & an unfortunately impressive knowledge base on how to game the benefits system.

If I didn't know better, you would think they are using iMessage to give hints and tips. But what do I know, sure I'm just a racist, well so some random (ish, I am still sussing them out. Yea, I know) posters say, so it must be true. But sure the more the merrier. Sure while you are at it, throw your passport away, na your grand. We don't need to know who you really are or were you really are from.or how you can afford to pay your phone bill in a country outside of yours. Can someone ask one of them ask the question when you see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Laois, Didn't Nixon bomb the sshhit outta there, during the Vietnam war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Maybe they'll work and be productive members of society?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

I love this reaction. A lot of us have a genuine worry about these unknown foreign particular individuals roaming around the countryside and all you can give is this snide remark. What happens if they get hungry and desperate and break into an old person's home and attack them for food. I suppose there's nothing to worry about..

Are they eating the old people?

I find it sad that so many posters are joking about 5 people that just entered the country illegally, and not knowing anything about were they came from. Or there past, but fook it let's laugh our heads off an belittle the genuine fear of who they are and what they are capable of. Like so many have posted, why are you so worried? Sure Irish can be just as bad.tell me, how much money do they have? How long before something happens? Newsflash, we know what can happen with our own scum.

Yet 5 unknowns added to the mix and some seem to think that is less of a threat. Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

So what exactly do you suggest we do, form a posse?
    Five, presumably, blokes jump out of the back of a truck and take off into the wilds of County Laois. Of course people are going to make jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

This has gone too far!

A few lads doin da kiki and no one told the lorry driver. Health n safety nightmare!!

So what exactly do you suggest we do, form a posse?
    Five, presumably, blokes jump out of the back of a truck and take off into the wilds of County Laois. Of course people are going to make jokes.

It's no different to five people breaking out of prison.

We assume they have very little money, food or spare clothing so will have to steal to survive as the stop may have left them well away from their destination.
    We assume they are afraid of the police and could act violently towards members of the public or police to avoid capture. They've already ran away instead of acting like refugees.

What do people do in this case? Be more vigilant if you live in the immediate area.

Some eegits on here with the collective intelligence of a wombat think that's racism, yet it's the same as five Irish people escaping from prison, but a bit worse since they have no one to come pick them up.

deco nate wrote: »

Yet 5 unknowns added to the mix and some seem to think that is less of a threat. Unbelievable

Add them to the thousands of other unknowns who enter the country every day...........
    Possible threats everywhere! We should shut down, don't let anyone in unless they & fifty generations of their family have been born here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

to think, all those poor suckers who went through the legitimate process of claiming asylum or even just getting a visa and staying here legally. all they had to do was jump out of a van and run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

RobbieMD wrote: »
    Are they eating the old people?

Hope you get served when you go out celebrating your Junior Cert results later this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Am I missing something
    Yes
    they fled and have not been located since.

An investigation is ongoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bubblypop wrote: »
    Add them to the thousands of other unknowns who enter the country every day...........

You wouldn't by any chance have a link to this news. First I've heard of "thousands" of unknowns coming here every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement