Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 4 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

BPKS wrote: »
    Will this be on Sky Atlantic soon I wonder?

- Highly unlikely it will ever be on Sky Atlantic.

Channel 4 will have it first and then eventually end up on Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Episode 3 is a great episode, love seeing Timothy Olyphant back as the Mormon Sheriff. Anyway won't spoil it but great episode directed by Irish director Dearbhla Walsh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

It's been very good, Irish nurse.is brilliant

The Italian guy from gomorrah is a misfit, totally overacting

The escaped con from Yellowstone show is not working either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thomas.. wrote: »
    It's been very good, Irish nurse.is brilliant

The Italian guy from gomorrah is a misfit, totally overacting

The escaped con from Yellowstone show is not working either
    Yeah the Italian Brother with the overacting eyes, not sure if the actor is told to portray the role that way or decided to imitate Jack Nicholson :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What channel are people watching this on?

I can't find it on anything here (Sky customer).

Are people just getting it from other "sources"?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

murpho999 wrote: »
    What channel are people watching this on?

I can't find it on anything here (Sky customer).

Are people just getting it from other "sources"?

Sources I would imagine. No date set for airing here yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's really good so far. Kinda reminiscent of something like Boardwalk Empire.

Not sure what to make of the recurrent theme of excessive flatulence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This season has been forgetful so far tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Five episodes in and I think it's been decent at best, nowhere near the quality of Season 1, 2 or even 3.

The good:
    - Buckley is excellent, however her character seems a bit aimless and random to me, not sure how she fits into the story
    - Olyphant is great as always
    - The OCD cop and Dr Senator seem interesting

The bad:

- Chris Rock: Is he supposed to be intimidating? Because he isn't. I can't take him seriously at all. Reminds me of Vince Vaughn in True Detective.
    - Italian brother (the smaller one): Again is he supposed to be intimidating? Or comic relief? Right now he's neither.
    - Italian brother (the bigger one): Acting is way too hammy and OTT. Completely takes me out of any scene he's in.

Not sure what to make of Ben Whishaw's character but his Irish accent is extremely dodgy.

Overall disappointing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Keeps on bashing the recent events button until it's broken. That bandwagon is already full to capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Has anyone started watching this yet?

I loved season 1 & 2 and I couldn't really take to season 3 and I can't recall if I finished it or not.

I had forgotten all about it until I read season 4 was out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I'm in the minority here, but I think this is the best season so far. The visuals are gorgeous, and yes, it's slow and talky, but I enjoy that. I thought previous seasons were good but that they always lacked something (much like the movie Fargo): all a bit overrated in my eyes. I prefer the actors in this season too: Chris Rock is surprisingly good, and Jason Schwartzman and Ben Whishaw are excellent too (I hated Whishaw in the Bond movies, so that was a nice surprise). Wasn't a big fan of Martin Freeman or Ewan McGregor in previous years.

It's all a bit cartoonish, but it's very entertaining. There's sweet f.a. quality T.V. on at the moment, so maybe I'm overestimating this a bit, but I look forward to my weekly episode :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Smegging hell

It's entertaining, but not as good as Season Two IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swarmberg

Rewatched season 1 earlier this year... season 4 is nowhere close. A few good moments but ruined by Chris Rock for me. Will stick it out to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

swarmberg wrote: »
    Rewatched season 1 earlier this year... season 4 is nowhere close. A few good moments but ruined by Chris Rock for me. Will stick it out to see what happens.

I keep on hearing the zebra from Madagascar.

Neither of the bosses are convincing, the Italian definitely the more cartoonish of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think Jessie Buckley might end up poisoning a few main players, intentionally or by accident. I get a feeling that there's method in her madness, and that she could tip the balance in the power struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Yeah the Italian Brother with the overacting eyes, not sure if the actor is told to portray the role that way or decided to imitate Jack Nicholson :)
    Salvatore Esposito’s ott wide-eyed performance as Gaetano Fadda is certainly annoying. I wonder though is it Noah Cawley’s postmodern sensibilites; it looks to me like playfulness; a meta-awareness of the types of characters played in films and series of that time period.
    It’s probably no coincidence (as another meta-awareness) that not only is Salvatore Esposito a crime boss in the Italan crime series Gomorrah, but that the consigliare to Gaetano’s brother Josto, Ebal Violante, played by Francesco Acuqaroli, also plays a crime boss, Samurai, in another excellent Italian crime series, Suburra. Another obvious example is Olyphant, playing a US marshal, as he does in Justified.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and I'm really enjoying its whimsical meanderings; it's string of oddballs almost thrown together. Season 3 was below par I thought, but I was delighted to see Jessie Buckley in the cast for season 4; another unsurprisingly great performance here.

Hawley's sensibilities are doing great justice in long form to a postmodern classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

In catch-up for this!

4.1: Good intro. Seems to set the season up well. What's with that creepy ending scene though, who was that in the middle of the street as it panned over to look at the nurse! Have I missed other hidden creepy things?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Latest episode question

Can anyone explain why
    the nutty OCD cop shot the Mormon cop? Did Chris Rock ask him to do it? feel like I've missed something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Smegging hell

ShaneU wrote: »
    Latest episode question

Can anyone explain why
    the nutty OCD cop shot the Mormon cop? Did Chris Rock ask him to do it? feel like I've missed something

My interpretation was that
    the Mormon cop had discovered his links to organised crime so he shot him when the opportunity arose to protect himself.

2.2: Alright, serial killer nurse and mob war. I'm guessing one of these cops musta been the guy from the street in the first episode. Bit of a wtf moment when I realised who they were. I thought the debt collectors had arrived. Hrmmm.. maybe for the escaped sister.

Everything seemed to be up in the air in the latest episode. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Everything seemed to be up in the air in the latest episode. :D

It was great though. I didn't want to leave that world by the end of it. I thought the look of the episode and the effects at the end were first rate; shame we lost the most compelling characters though.

It was great though. I didn't want to leave that world by the end of it. I thought the look of the episode and the effects at the end were first rate; shame we lost the most compelling characters though.

Perhaps one of them landed on a pile of mattresses? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Not great to be honest, season 1 and 2 were incredible, 3 and 4 so far not so much. Still it's watchable, a 6.5 out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I like this alot , its different than the previous 3 seasons and I can understand people comparing it less favorably but it has a lot to recommend it.
    the look and sound is incredible , the tension in spots is incredible.

There is a lot of fan theory's out there that I quite like the sound off
    Oraetta being Lorne Malvo's Mother , seems a bit of a stretch other than she is bat**** crazy and she could twist a kid into the malevolent evil of Lorne. Also Oraetta and the evil she does is a catalyst for alot of what happens in the show , much like Lorne in season 1.
    She kills the Italian mob boss kicking off the row between the brothers
    She poisons the pie causing Swanee to get sick on the money she robs , which allows Loy to figure out he is getting paid with his own money.
    And we know she will have a part to play as she goes after Ethel in the last episode.

Satchell Cannon becoming Mike Milligan , This seems much more likely . Milligan is Rabbi's last name and maybe Satchell takes that name after the fallout of the last episode is revealed.This would suggest though that the Italians win the war as Mike works for an Italian mob family in 1979.
    Also the exchange Mike had with Ted Danson's character in Season 2 about being friendly is nearly word for word recreated by Satchell's dad in a scene with Deafy.

4.3: I couldn't believe it when
    they were outside the gangs warehouse planning to Rob it and then got mistaken for Italians!
    AND that story! with the pie and Nurse Mayflower in general :eek:

4.4: Well. This is all going to come to a lot of violenece! Keeping track of all the players ain't easy and then
    Noah Hawley is like.. let's throw in some visions of the undead to livin things up!

4.5:
    It's gotta be war after this. I'm just not sure if it'll be all out war of if both sides go after Gaetano. It feels like it's all about to kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

I really enjoyed it.

A steady 8/10.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I wonder will there be any air date for it here soon

last episode was short down a good 10+ minutes from the rest , I wonder if that was covid related.
    I feel a little let down by last episode and I wonder if the two things are related.
    That said there was still plenty I enjoyed about it , Overall a solid season and I will be back for a season 5 if it ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

last episode was short down a good 10+ minutes from the rest , I wonder if that was covid related.
    I feel a little let down by last episode and I wonder if the two things are related.
    That said there was still plenty I enjoyed about it , Overall a solid season and I will be back for a season 5 if it ever happens.

Yes, totally agree. Seems like the pacing was very quick and was straight to a wrap up instead of leading us to the conclusion.

Really enjoyed the season overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Did you wait for the scene in the end credits?
    Satchel grew up to become Mike Milligan

4.6:
    War, ok, that was coming. Then the kid not getting killed. That felt flagged too. Nurse Mayflower killing the patient.. again felt expected. Thing is.. the war story and Nurse Mayflower story feel like they are being separated but I'm wondering if maybe something she does is gonna kill an awful lot of both crime syndicates.

4.7: Solid performance from Chris Rock
    here when he'd been told about his kid. I'm guessing he's gonna push for Civil War in the Italians.
    The end point of the story still feels like it could go any direction.

4.8: :eek:
    The train station
    :eek:
    The attack on the Italians and the Mother dying

"Irish Whisky" threw me off for a bit but I guess it's ok. I think that's how some brands call it.

4.9: I liked that episode. The black and white felt right.
    Then the switch back to colour at the end was fine.
    Didn't see a twister coming but it did.. hardly Rabbi dead?
    That talk with the
    future is now
    sign guy was like.. just kinda yeah, what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Fargo season 4 starts on TG4 on Tuesday 5th January at 10pm.

4.10: What's going on!? First
    Odis, yeah a move was expected but what happened to Gaetano came outta the blue like that! Not sure where the story is going next. Loy gonna try pin Josto for killing his dead using Mayflower. Maybe the kid, Loy's sonis gonna have an encounter with cops but maybe a return of Rabbi to save him?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Finished! Good season. Liked the widespread but interconnected story and the sprinkle of fantasy/horror elements that were brought into it. Looking forward to next season.

4.10: Jaw dropped
    when Loy got killed
    :eek: I mean, it made sense but I'd just totally not been expecting it. Especially after
    the emotional reunion scene, that was done so well!
    What a show!

For the future, well wiki says Hawley has an idea for a fifth season:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_(TV_series)
    While not renewed for a fifth season, Hawley indicated in November 2020 that he had an idea in mind and said that it could be "set somewhere in the recent past."
    I wonder if
    it could have Ethelrida and Loy's son Rodney.
    Those credits scenes looked like maybe hints but I dunno. It felt like previous seasons had generally been separated from each other.

think you might be confusing 4.10 with 4.11 !
    the end scene was scenes from Season 2 and confirming the fan theory that Mike Milligan is Satchell (who I think you are calling Rodney)

Ah I get ya.
    think you might be confusing 4.10 with 4.11 !

Yes I am! Can't edit it :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Mimon wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree. Seems like the pacing was very quick and was straight to a wrap up instead of leading us to the conclusion.
    Episode 9 (the Wizard of Oz one) felt like it was just an editing decision- backstories left on the cutting room floor.

Episode 10 felt like the final episode i.e. the final scene with Ethelrida; the story was ostensibly from her pov,
    and her explanation of coming into possession of the ring could have been the point at which to end, leaving Loy's knowledge of what had really happened, and his subsequent plans
    , as something to play out in our imagination. So episode 11 did feel like a let-down. Having said that- the way it did play out-
    felt like a flip-side of 'The Wire' ending. Instead of the po-po institution carrying on the good fight, the 'institution' of organised crime carries on with their career paths.
    It's business as usual, with slightly different etiquette.
    I thought it was a great season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

El Sueño wrote: »
    Five episodes in and I think it's been decent at best, nowhere near the quality of Season 1, 2 or even 3.

The good:
    - Buckley is excellent, however her character seems a bit aimless and random to me, not sure how she fits into the story
    - Olyphant is great as always
    - The OCD cop and Dr Senator seem interesting

The bad:

- Chris Rock: Is he supposed to be intimidating? Because he isn't. I can't take him seriously at all. Reminds me of Vince Vaughn in True Detective.
    - Italian brother (the smaller one): Again is he supposed to be intimidating? Or comic relief? Right now he's neither.
    - Italian brother (the bigger one): Acting is way too hammy and OTT. Completely takes me out of any scene he's in.

Not sure what to make of Ben Whishaw's character but his Irish accent is extremely dodgy.

Overall disappointing imo
    I'm watching it on TG4 and not hugely impressed. The whole thing seems a bit aimless and random, with no single central story or characters - jumping round all the different families and groups.

I'll stick with it, but it's definitely the weakest season so far for me.
    Episode 3 is a great episode, love seeing Timothy Olyphant back as the Mormon Sheriff. Anyway won't spoil it but great episode directed by Irish director Dearbhla Walsh.

Dearbhla has come a long way from Big Bow Wow and Eastenders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Stopped on episode 8, might return to it a later day but I dunno it’s just not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 milhouse79

Hi guys, can anybody tell me where I can watch season 4. I missed it on tg4 😢. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

It should be coming to Channel 4 sometime soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement