Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 4 *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

DigiGuide has this pencilled in for 10pm on Sunday 9th May on Channel 4 but that might be subject to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fargo season 4 premieres Sunday, 9th May 2021 at 10pm on Channel 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

TG4 is repeating the first series starting next Tuesday at 10.30pm.

I know which series I prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Starts on channel 4 tonight, unfortunately channel 4 don't have a 4k or even HD channel so will have to watch in SD.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

Starts on channel 4 tonight, unfortunately channel 4 don't have a 4k or even HD channel so will have to watch in SD.

It should be up on All 4 in HD after it airs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,704 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

brian_t wrote: »
    TG4 is repeating the first series starting next Tuesday at 10.30pm.

I know which series I prefer.

Watched Episode 1 - just brilliant. Different league to anything in Series 4.

Thanks TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this linked to the movie Fargo? or something completely different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

fryup wrote: »

Influenced by, but different.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

zac8 wrote: »
    It should be up on All 4 in HD after it airs.

It is indeed, looking forward to watching it later on.

First series was closer to the original Fargo movie, but still had its own unique feel. The Coen brothers have some 'executive' role on the TV series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

The first season was almost like a series-long version of the movie, but changed enough plot points to still make it worth watching, even if you've already seen the movie. It really surprised me how much I enjoyed it.

The second season is slightly linked to the first in that it's set in the past and has younger versions of some of the first seasons characters.

Any of the seasons can be watched independently though.

I'd rate them in the following order: 2, 1, 3 and lastly 4. I know a lot of folks didn't enjoy 2, but I thought it was great fun!

Even if the fourth was my least favourite (especially from a character point of view), it still has plenty going for it and all seasons have a very unique style to them that makes them feel hugely cinematic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

The first season was almost like a series-long version of the movie, but changed enough plot points to still make it worth watching, even if you've already seen the movie. It really surprised me how much I enjoyed it.

The second season is slightly linked to the first in that it's set in the past and has younger versions of some of the first seasons characters.

Any of the seasons can be watched independently though.

I'd rate them in the following order: 2, 1, 3 and lastly 4. I know a lot of folks didn't enjoy 2, but I thought it was great fun!

Even if the fourth was my least favourite (especially from a character point of view), it still has plenty going for it and all seasons have a very unique style to them that makes them feel hugely cinematic.

I'm of a similar opinion with the ranking of seasons. I still haven't watched season 4, it's been on my list for a while but read some negative reviews mentioning a huge drop off in quality so I wasn't rushing to view it. Must finally get around to it to judge for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When is season 4 likely to be on Netflix ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    When is season 4 likely to be on Netflix ?

Not sure it's going to Netflix, it's available on all4 app.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Not sure it's going to Netflix, it's available on all4 app.

Looks like it is region locked on all4 app

mloc123 wrote: »
    Looks like it is region locked on all4 app

Really? Didn't think All4 did that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just finished Season 4.

A let down really, this is an excellent show, but season 4 was a nothing show imho, neither head nor tail to it, didn't fit into the character of the other 3 series at all I thought. Looked lovely, nice pictures and music, but a nothing Story and one dimensional, boring characters.

They shouldn't have bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just finished Season 4.

A let down really, this is an excellent show, but season 4 was a nothing show imho, neither head nor tail to it, didn't fit into the character of the other 3 series at all I thought. Looked lovely, nice pictures and music, but a nothing Story and one dimensional, boring characters.

Yeah I really didn't enjoy it half as much as previous seasons.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Just finished Season 4.

I've been following S1 on TG4. It is in a different league entirely, characters that you actually care about -Molly and Gus, characters that chill you to your core - Lorne Malvo, and superb comedy with the supermarket king and more.

• Advertisement

I've just finished S2 from TG4, and can again confirm that it is a totally different class to S4. Again, characters that you actually care about - solid, reliable Lou, who doesn't take crap from anyone, Betsy his cancer ridden wife, Ed the butcher, trying to do the right thing to be loyal to the delightfully quirky self-centred Peggy, who basically caused the whole thing. Then there's the scary villains, the savagery of Dodd Gerhardt, the cold efficiency of Hanzee (reminiscent of Anton Chigurh) and the classically educated Mike Milligan (who was surprised when Simone stuck a finger up his ass) and his non-verbal bearded brother bodyguards. Just a joy from start to end.

Hope they move on to S3 soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 5th Season

Advertisement