Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an upgrade/next step

Options
  • 04-08-2018 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Tried vaping again six weeks ago to much better success. A friend recommended what he used, eLeaf iStick Basic. I’m having a smoke here or there but very much vaping all the time which is great as I was on 20 a day.

I’m toying with maybe taking a step up in terms of device. Just to try something else. Maybe keep the momentum going or whatever.

Looking for some recommendations.

I’m seeing a lot of Voopoo drag which looks interesting and Vaperesso Switcher which looks good too. Guess I’m interested in trying out these bigger mods and bigger tanks ?

Interested to hear anyone’s take on the above or maybe other mods to look at. And what is the sort of advice for someone looking to maybe step up a bit.

Also anyone know any of the Dublin shops worth visiting and checking out ? I normally buy online but wouldn’t mind shelling out into local business and maybe even picking up a new juice or two. I’m not far from City Centre and based on north side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all.

Tried vaping again six weeks ago to much better success. A friend recommended what he used, eLeaf iStick Basic. I’m having a smoke here or there but very much vaping all the time which is great as I was on 20 a day.

I’m toying with maybe taking a step up in terms of device. Just to try something else. Maybe keep the momentum going or whatever.

Looking for some recommendations.

I’m seeing a lot of Voopoo drag which looks interesting and Vaperesso Switcher which looks good too. Guess I’m interested in trying out these bigger mods and bigger tanks ?

Interested to hear anyone’s take on the above or maybe other mods to look at. And what is the sort of advice for someone looking to maybe step up a bit.

Also anyone know any of the Dublin shops worth visiting and checking out ? I normally buy online but wouldn’t mind shelling out into local business and maybe even picking up a new juice or two. I’m not far from City Centre and based on north side

Vapewild is the cheapest vendor out there at the moment https://vapewild.eu/mods/?sort=featured&page=3

Check out their mods,I nearly have all their mods which I use daily,especially the Smok T-Priv,Smok G-Priv & the Vaporesso Switcher,all at great prices,just a matter of picking out a tank,all sub-ohm tanks are for Direct to Lung vaping,you must be using a Mouth to Lung tank if you are using an istick basic,I personally prefer DTL vaping because I only have to use 6mg Nicotine in my juices,which I bought alot this morning from Vapewild,their 60ml short fills are cheap this weekend,buy one & get one free & they are also giving free shipping this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What is shortfills?

I’ve come back to vaping since all the changes and regulation stuff so I’m a bit confused. I’ve been buying 10ml wingnut stuff but wouldn’t mind trying out stuff.

Does the Vaperesso switcher not come with its own tank I thought I read ?

*Had a check there and see it does come with a tank. On shortfills , how do I make the juice 12mg nicotine ? That’s what I’m on at the moment

What is shortfills?

I’ve come back to vaping since all the changes and regulation stuff so I’m a bit confused. I’ve been buying 10ml wingnut stuff but wouldn’t mind trying out stuff.

Does the Vaperesso switcher not come with its own tank I thought I read ?

*Had a check there and see it does come with a tank. On shortfills , how do I make the juice 12mg nicotine ? That’s what I’m on at the moment

Short fills is a 60ml bottle with no nicotine in it,there is 50ml of juice inside that 60ml bottle,that leaves a space of 10ml so you can add your own nic or buy 10ml nic shots & pour it in & give it a good shake.

The new TPD regulations will only allow vendors to sell 10ml bottles of juice with nic.
    Anything bigger than 10ml must have no nic...we just had to accept it.

Most of us have already stocked up with nic about a year ago.

There is a couple of places in the UK that still sells nic,some members here have bought it.

Short fills is a 60ml bottle with no nicotine in it,there is 50ml of juice inside that 60ml bottle,that leaves a space of 10ml so you can add your own nic or buy 10ml nic shots & pour it in & give it a good shake.

The new TPD regulations will only allow vendors to sell 10ml bottles of juice with nic.
    Anything bigger than 10ml must have no nic...we just had to accept it.

Most of us have already stocked up with nic about a year ago.

There is a couple of places in the UK that still sells nic,some members here have bought it.

Cool thanks. I'm seeing to achieve 12mg strength I'm using I'd have to put 100ml into a shortfill?!?!

Might just stick with the 10ml bottles maybe for now. Maybe some 12mg vapers can outline to me what they do.

Picked up the below. Age verification thing failing on Vapewild so just waiting on someone to get back

4d47e90857855192bacfe616fdbd01b8.png

Love a good impulse buy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Cool thanks. I'm seeing to achieve 12mg strength I'm using I'd have to put 100ml into a shortfill?!?!

Might just stick with the 10ml bottles maybe for now. Maybe some 12mg vapers can outline to me what they do.

Add 10ml of 72mg/ml to 50ml of your juice to get 60ml of 12mg/ml juice.

Picked up the below. Age verification thing failing on Vapewild so just waiting on someone to get back

4d47e90857855192bacfe616fdbd01b8.png

Love a good impulse buy :D

I made nearly the exact same order yesterday. Got 13 10ml bottles for 10 euros delivered. :D

Just waiting on them to get back to my ticket on the age verification thing

Just waiting on them to get back to my ticket on the age verification thing

I had an issue too so started live chat and was immediately sorted. Dont forget the code to get your first 3 10ml bottles free.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Not sure but think the code boards50 still works for a one time 50% off your order. Can only be used once per order.

Havent ordered off them in a long time but the service is excellent and they always throw in some free 10ml bottles with every order.

• Advertisement

Not sure but think the code boards50 still works for a one time 50% off your order. Can only be used once per order.

Havent ordered off them in a long time but the service is excellent and they always throw in some free 10ml bottles with every order.

Hah this might have been good to have when I ordered :)

Thanks anyway will keep in mind for next time. I availed of free shipping and got three free 10ml juices. So got a 10 pack sample too. Loads of goodies coming !

So my Vaporesso Swticher arrived. Wow it looks nice.

Notice that is needs actual batteries. 18650? Can these be bought in walk in stores anyone knows?

Took nearly two weeks for this to arrive, without batteries is a bit annoying....want to try it out today.

So my Vaporesso Swticher arrived. Wow it looks nice.

Notice that is needs actual batteries. 18650? Can these be bought in walk in stores anyone knows?

Took nearly two weeks for this to arrive, without batteries is a bit annoying....want to try it out today.

All brick n mortar shops sell batteries,there is alot in Dublin,someone will be here to let you know where they are..

All brick n mortar shops sell batteries,there is alot in Dublin,someone will be here to let you know where they are..

Hah, was hoping someone would get back to me, about to leave work and was going to go on way home :)

Alternatively if anyone has recommendations for batteries and chargers from online stores or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Hah, was hoping someone would get back to me, about to leave work and was going to go on way home :)

Alternatively if anyone has recommendations for batteries and chargers from online stores or whatever.

E cirette Talbot st should have some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Vapewild is the cheapest vendor out there at the moment https://vapewild.eu/mods/?sort=featured&page=3

Check out their mods,I nearly have all their mods which I use daily,especially the Smok T-Priv,Smok G-Priv & the Vaporesso Switcher,all at great prices,just a matter of picking out a tank,all sub-ohm tanks are for Direct to Lung vaping,you must be using a Mouth to Lung tank if you are using an istick basic,I personally prefer DTL vaping because I only have to use 6mg Nicotine in my juices,which I bought alot this morning from Vapewild,their 60ml short fills are cheap this weekend,buy one & get one free & they are also giving free shipping this weekend.

Vaping 3 years and never came across these guys.... Order going in shortly ty and thanks for the voucher whoever posted it. Priv t nearly half the price of bricks and morter here

Vaping 3 years and never came across these guys.... Order going in shortly ty and thanks for the voucher whoever posted it. Priv t nearly half the price of bricks and morter here

Make sure you sign up for their newsletter,emails everyday with massive savings...

Make sure you sign up for their newsletter,emails everyday with massive savings...

I'm literally gonna drop a couple hundred quid using boards 50 as soon as I get to work!

jesus creating an account isnt the easiest thing in the world to do...... and then they appear to be in the states so no support until after lunch - by which time i cant do this......any tips?

jesus creating an account isnt the easiest thing in the world to do...... and then they appear to be in the states so no support until after lunch - by which time i cant do this......any tips?

I did all my setup I think on a Saturday afternoon. My age verification failed, and if you just get Live chat, they sort it out. Was very helpful.

I noticed they have a "collect" from Depo option for Irish customers.

I know Vapewild from reddit, where they are pretty huge in the US vape community.

I maybe got the impression they opened an EU branch or something. Like it says collect from depot, so there is somewhere in Dublin you can pick stuff up.

Should also say, was a great service. I got the stuff I ordered, loads of free 10ml bottles, vouchers, stickers and two of those string carry bags.

They have a rep in the US anyway for being brilliant and throwing loads of freebies into decent sized orders.

• Advertisement

yeah the depot is based just outside blanch which suits me perfect. opening hours suck though - 10-3 Monday to Friday......better half can collect most days though.

you gotta make sure you are on the .eu site & not the .com

Got batteries and charger in vape club coolock. Nice little setup, great help from the lads in there. Mate came with me and he ended up buying a new device :D

BAtteries charged there. First few drags. Nearly fell off my chair. Holy **** coughing like crazy. Need to read up on what this wattage stuff is and whats a nice sweet spot. Tried 60 first felt really hot and just, wow

Got batteries and charger in vape club coolock. Nice little setup, great help from the lads in there. Mate came with me and he ended up buying a new device :D

BAtteries charged there. First few drags. Nearly fell off my chair. Holy **** coughing like crazy. Need to read up on what this wattage stuff is and whats a nice sweet spot. Tried 60 first felt really hot and just, wow

What set-up did you get & what ohms is the coil,is it a Kanthal/SS/Ni200 or Titanium coil,there is a lot to consider before firing up the mod.
    Also,what mg of Nic is in your juice...

What set-up did you get & what ohms is the coil,is it a Kanthal/SS/Ni200 or Titanium coil,there is a lot to consider before firing up the mod.
    Also,what mg of Nic is in your juice...

It's a Vaporesso Switcher with their NRG tank.

Coil is the one in the box. 0.15ohm.

My juice is 12mg. I seem to have settled on 50w and its lovely. The coil itself has markings with recommendations, but dont know for what its recommending.

Definitly a massive step up from what I was using and very impressed, just getting caught on the hop every so often with a real burning sensation or crazy coughing

My juice is 12mg. I seem to have settled on 50w and its lovely. The coil itself has markings with recommendations, but dont know for what its recommending.

Definitly a massive step up from what I was using and very impressed, just getting caught on the hop every so often with a real burning sensation or crazy coughing

I don't own an NRG Tank but I watched some vids,here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqKrZg5rWP4

& this shows the recommended wattage on the coils.

You shouldn't be getting dry hits with either of the coils supplied,I presume you primed the coil properly before firing it up.

That is a very high mg of Nic that you are using,for those type of coils you should be using 3mg or 6mg & doing Direct to Lung vaping only,not Mouth to Lung.

PS: Start at 45w & work your way up in 5w increments until you find your sweet spot with the air flow fully open to start with,you can adjust the air flow anytime it suits you because you may prefer a more restrictive draw which I love...

Higher the wattage = hotter vape you get

I don't own an NRG Tank but I watched some vids,here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqKrZg5rWP4

& this shows the recommended wattage on the coils.

You shouldn't be getting dry hits with either of the coils supplied,I presume you primed the coil properly before firing it up.

That is a very high mg of Nic that you are using,for those type of coils you should be using 3mg or 6mg & doing Direct to Lung vaping only,not Mouth to Lung.

PS: Start at 45w & work your way up in 5w increments until you find your sweet spot with the air flow fully open to start with,you can adjust the air flow anytime it suits you because you may prefer a more restrictive draw which I love...

Higher the wattage = hotter vape you get

I see. I have the airflow more closed then open. So will try opening it fully.

I’m vaping properly two months now. A random smoke here or there. My hesitance to go down to 6mg (not even 8?) is reading about how lots of people struggle massively going 12 to 8.

Will defo Check our that vid.

In terms of priming the cool? I er....dropped a few drops of liquid in each hole ? :D

Appreciate the help

I see. I have the airflow more closed then open. So will try opening it fully.

I’m vaping properly two months now. A random smoke here or there. My hesitance to go down to 6mg (not even 8?) is reading about how lots of people struggle massively going 12 to 8.

Will defo Check our that vid.

In terms of priming the cool? I er....dropped a few drops of liquid in each hole ? :D

Appreciate the help

I was surprised that you went for a sub-ohm tank so soon,new vapors are considered by me to be new until they have at least 3 months vaping done (imo) this time allows you to experiment with a MTL tank,liquid flavours & more important is the Nic mg.

My reasons are,coming off the ciggys,the eliquid should contain 18mg of Nic,this will stop all cravings for a ciggy.
    As a new vapor,the only way of getting a good throat hit is with a Mouth to Lung Tank with 18mg juice.
    New vapors should build up their vaping arsenal to 2 or 3 different set-ups,like your NRG tank should be a separate set-up alongside with your MTL tank so you can switch back & forth,it's a good idea to vape more than one juice flavour at a time,otherwise you could end up with vapors tongue,meaning,vaping one flavour all the time,you will lose your taste buds for weeks.

Most sub-ohm tanks are great for flavours but sometimes not very good for a throat hit because the juice contains too much VG & you can't increase the Nic or you'll cough your heart out or your head will start spinning,the best throat hit you can get is with Nic & PG,Menthol juice is great in a sub-ohm tank for a throat hit but only use 6mg,so a 50/50 or a 60/40 is a good ratio of PG/VG for your MTL juice.

It's a lot to take in but you'll get there...

So funny enough had a really good day and experience vaping. Felt it was much smoother on my throat and was getting so much Flavour and vapor. So much flavor. Was concerned I was vaping too much it was so tasty 😄

Came home and just was only reading the bottle. It was a 3mg 10ml bottle. VapeWild obviously send me different strengths.

Can’t say I felt on edge or anything going from 12-3. But then it might have been because I didn’t know. Maybe now I do I’ll be sweating 😀

Anyway plan to grab more juice on Friday. Going to give my misses some 12mg and a friend in work since that’s what he uses. And pickup some more 3mg stuff.

Might also look into this diy or shot bottles or whatever it’s called where you mix your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

TheDoc wrote:

TheDoc wrote:

TheDoc wrote:

12mg juice in that tank with a .15 coil at 50W.....wow I'd cough a lung out on the floor. That tank is really only suitable for a juice with 3 or maybe 6mg juice and Direct Lung type vaping.
    For 12mg juice you'd be better off with a mouth to lung type tank, something like the Aspire Nautilus 2 at about 15/20 W depending on the coil you have in the tank.

Advertisement