Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV for house with no Wi-Fi

Options
  • 04-08-2018 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for the following:
    -Two cctv cameras for outdoors
    -Needs to able to record >5days
    -Good for night vision
    -Potentially record when motion sensed

There is no internet on premises.

Can anyone recommend something?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Hi , Hik vision would be a good option. Possible go for ip system good footage. Or Hdd would be a good option. The internet eould be used for remote viewing. Your can still use the system as normal. 2 mega pix cameras would be good as well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Expensive but might this be helpful to you:

https://shop.v.vodafone.com/IE/V-Camera

Works over 4G, €5 per month.

On the other hand you could also just get cheap broadband into the house and buy a much cheaper wifi camera.

To be honest, I'm not sure the worth of a CCTV system in a house setting without internet and notifications?

If there has been a break in when your out, what is the point of the CCTV, most likely the burglars will take the recorder too or smash it and even if they don't then they likely will have their faces hidden anyway.

I feel the real worth of cameras in a home setting is notifications of movement over internet and being able to check what is going on and call the Gardai on an active break-in if happening rather then trying to catch something after the fact.

Note of course I'm talking residential settings here, commercial has different needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

You want something that it's very simple to share footage from. Say look at it on your phone and share the clip to others, for records or straight to the police.

Advertisement