Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roaring IRA

• 04-08-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭

I have noticed every time I get locked I start roaring IRA.
    I was at Madness in Galway, which may I add were sh1te. After listening to Suggs for a while I decided to roar IRA at him.
    I go for a fast food after loads of pints, foreign buck asks what you want, I go IRA burger. Generally roaring IRA around the place, have I got a problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you are doing it all the time,it must be the Continuity IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

6541 wrote: »
    I was at Madness in Galway, which may I add were sh1te. After listening to Suggs for a while I decided to roar IRA at him.
    I go for a fast food after loads of pints, foreign buck asks what you want, I go IRA burger. Generally roaring IRA around the place, have I got a problem ?

You are a proper mad lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,244 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

#FullTimeBuzzer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Has anyone ever noticed how ridiculously popular the IRA are with people born from circa the early 80s, compared to their popularity in the early 90s when their Dail representatives were garnering something like 3 percent of the vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

6541 wrote:
    I have noticed every time I get locked I start roaring IRA. I was at Madness in Galway, which may I add were sh1te. After listening to Suggs for a while I decided to roar IRA at him. I go for a fast food after loads of pints, foreign buck asks what you want, I go IRA burger. Generally roaring IRA around the place, have I got a problem ?

Not at all, head up North some weekend and shout the same. Hilarity will ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It's hard to keep up with these splinter groups

Real IRA
    Continuity IRA
    Provisional IRA
    Roaring IRA
    IRA zero
    Gluten free IRA
    I can't believe it's not IRA

Where will it end!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    Has anyone ever noticed how ridiculously popular the IRA are with people born from circa the early 80s, compared to their popularity in the early 90s when their Dail representatives were garnering something like 3 percent of the vote?

Sinn Fein you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭standardg60

I'd say you're just suffering an immaturity crisis.
    Have you hit 40/left home yet?

Singing about individual retirement accounts is strange........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Roaring IRA about the place makes you look a bit of a tool.

The fact you've previously declared yourself a proud supporter of that organisation merely confirms it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If you are doing it all the time,it must be the Continuity IRA.

Thats a Provisional assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Yamanoto wrote: »
    The fact you've previously declared yourself a proud supporter of that organisation merely confirms it.

Peacetime Warrior I think they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

UVF 4 Life

No Surrender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭6541

UVF 4 Life

No Surrender

Never heard of a UVF burger ....

Ginos in Portadown do a C special.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's very common actually, no harm done either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Ginos in Portadown do a C special.

B special off the menu?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Yeah I yell UVF in my sleep. I can sympathize. :woot:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This was one of the top posts on the irish simpsons memes page a few months back

31564012_1753133104726065_8290822710045442048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=10542a576d4c3c022f33335c4f243cbf&oe=5BD1AACD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

You are one of these “full time mad bastards” I see on Facebook I see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

is it ok to call someone a spastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Randomly shouting Up the Ra is another one that is perfectly normal. It just seems to work for most occasions, especially when I'm hammered and nobody else thinks so.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Are you one of these fellas that insist on the national anthem being played just before a nightclub closes ?
    Then followed by a "Oh ah up the RA..." encore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

At early stage one I'd say..if it progresses to stage two, singing "come out you Black and Tans" it might be advisable to seek medical help.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

OP - you'll have oodles of fun chanting "IRA" in the centre of Ballymena, Larne or Carrickfergus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I equate people shouting up the RA on the same level of intelligence as people that watch big brother, the kardashians or the live island reality shows ie ****in morons who haven't a brain cell in their head,

Armored cars and tanks and guns._._

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

UVF 4 Life

No Surrender

...And no Retreat don't you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Do all of the people who shout or roar Republican statements even know what they are talking about? Or is it monkey see monkey do? It will be many generations (if ever) before the communities in Northern Ireland can peacefully co exist with no references to the violence of the past and the shadow of sectarianism but even the youngsters who are reared by parents who are hardcore Unionists/Republicans and shout these slogans are just copying hate with no grasp of the facts behind the Troubles..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Was common enough in my day. But doing it still made you an utter tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I used lead something like a conga line, doing the "Ayatollah khomeni" chant. True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I find, people who make a general nuisance of themselves, distasteful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I worked with a guy before and some times when something wasn't going right or he was getting frustrated with his machine.. He would let out a roar consisting of:- AHHHH FFS UP THE RA.

True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, yes, you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's hard to keep up with these splinter groups

Real IRA
    Continuity IRA
    Provisional IRA
    Roaring IRA
    IRA zero
    Gluten free IRA
    I can't believe it's not IRA

Where will it end!?

Reduced salt IRA
    Halal IRA
    IRA (now suitable for vegans)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Or an apple bastard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Donkeys tend to roar a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Unfortunately you have a problem...

You're a spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Its almost as bad as 'Ole, Ole, Ole,.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Is you husband's name Ira ? Or you son's ? Maybe you have a hang up about losing them when you are in crowds, or drunk. Does one of them look like Suggs ?

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    OP - you'll have oodles of fun chanting "IRA" in the centre of Ballymena, Larne or Carrickfergus...

Or Aldershot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Roaring in public is a lost art

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

UP THE RAH!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

There was defo a lot of 'ooh ahh up the ra' in my younger years, full of gargle and fk knows what else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Is Ira your old girlfiend? Do you miss Ira? Did Ira leave you in a heap you poor man? Fear not there is plenty of fish in the sea. Fcuk that nasty Ira she's a bitch anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Is Ira your old girlfiend? Do you miss Ira? Did Ira leave you in a heap you poor man? Fear not there is plenty of fish in the sea. Fcuk that nasty Ira she's a bitch anyway.

I don't think the OP said whether they are male or female. Ira is a male and female name. This could get complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The OP probably...

ex5rq0eyiyb11.jpg

and this...

ylu8ntla34b11.jpg

fyachjsa9qa11.jpg

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Its almost as bad as 'Ole, Ole, Ole,.....

Uhm.. yeah, (ahem) "almost" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭standardg60

In fairness I think the guy in the middle just got caught up in things on the way to his belly dancing class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Yep, Your a d1ckhead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement