Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domestic solar PV quotes 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

unkel wrote: »
    My base load is well over 1kW atm :p

Charging the car?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Markcheese wrote: »
    Charging the car?

More like mining bitcoin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Markcheese wrote: »
    Charging the car?

EVs don't charge until you apply at least 6A (1.4kW). So not the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

air wrote: »
    500W is a fairly hefty base load while you're asleep. It would be better to try and reduce that if possible first before sizing your battery.

Correct...

I do switch off few appliances but these below are the critical that needs left ON:

Heat recovery,setup dynamic,1-2 speeds
    Heating controls
    Boiler
    UFH pump
    Water softener

CCTV
    Alarms x 3
    2 Servers/PCs
    Routers x 3

Heat Recovery in the greenhouse 24x7

What else i can power off,i do it already.
    Thats why i consider doing the maths / homework before jumping at the system and adding numbers.
    There is no way that a 5KW battery will do me justice here... i guess going with more than likely a 10KW capacity... which goes to amost €6-7k.

463899.jpg

463900.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aye, but you wouldn't get your EUR 500 back ;)

Is that what it costs?

Edit - Found it on Myenergi Website - https://myenergi.uk/product/eddi/

I guess I never seen a breakdown of my install so never checked the prices of anything :)

Yeah about €500 installed. You need not worry though, you had such a good deal on your system :)

And of course the more expensive / the bigger the solar PV array you are installing and the more hot water your family consumes, the more it makes sense to invest a further €500 on top of your solar investment into a diverter. It makes very little sense on a 7 panel system though. Cheaper to just give away the excess for free!

€500 for a diverter?! :eek:

€200 reconditioned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

€500 for a diverter?! :eek:

€200 reconditioned!

Where do you source these parts reconditioned?

Ebay.co.uk

Doesn't seem to be any atm, bar a very old one on auction.
    Have Immersun gone bust again?

Hi,

Got my summer electricity bill...
    Despite pumping over 700KWh of juice on the grid,i got hit with a huge bill for around 700 units.
    First think that i've done when i saw the bill... !?? Ordered an import / export meter...i had issues before with analogue meter i feel my current one's goes crazy with the currents and sensing the correct flow of electrons...

I've decided to go with a 10KW system like this one HERE.
    Love the fit out,intelligent charging and reports,smart controls of the appliances.
    Not sure if it can be setup on "pure hybrid" mode in case grid goes off so that i can use speciffic outputs for lights, lets say.
    Still waiting for suppliers reply to my FAQ.

Anyone uses this type of system !?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

I've decided to go with a 10KW system like this one HERE.

Love the fit out,intelligent charging and reports,smart controls of the appliances.
    Not sure if it can be setup on "pure hybrid" mode in case grid goes off so that i can use speciffic outputs for lights, lets say.
    Still waiting for suppliers reply to my FAQ.

Anyone uses this type of system !?
    Have you a price for this?

Have you a price for this?

Not yet public...too many variable and is not available until end of the month.

got hit with a huge bill for around 700 units

You bought €98 worth of electricity units from the grid over the last 2 months.
    I've decided to go with a 10KW system like this one HERE

So you decided to spend well north of €10,000 to add a battery to your existing system?

You are batsh1tcrazy, rolion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

You bought €98 worth of electricity units from the grid over the last 2 months.

july

So you decided to spend well north of €10,000 to add a battery to your existing system?

You are batsh1tcrazy, rolion :)

FWIW, I was quoted €6,487 incl vat for a 2.5 kWh Sonnen battery in July. I considered it a tad expensive....

Who said anything about prices !??

I just want my bills to get near zero or ... two digits.
    I am exhausting my consumption vs generation options and i want ... lower bills.

At the same time... i'm considering,looking at options ,nothing comitted at this moment.

Who said anything about prices !??

You were asked, but you were shy responding. I did a quick google and I didn't find much, but what I did gave me the impression that to add one of those 10kWh batteries to your current system would set you back well over EUR10k in total. Possibly even a lot more than that.

Am I wrong?

You were asked, but you were shy responding. I did a quick google and I didn't find much, but what I did gave me the impression that to add one of those 10kWh batteries to your current system would set you back well over EUR10k in total. Possibly even a lot more than that.

Am I wrong?

Yes and no.
    NOW I am really pissed about my summer bill...injected more than I consumed and got a bill of 180 quid to pay... I want that as lower as I can even if I have to be ,quote you "batsh1tcrazy".
    If I have to look at figures, I will not gone the PV and tubes path...
    Keep you posted.

On another tone...I highly recommend to all of you that thinks to go with PVs to replace the exiting meter with a import/export type even if it cost you TODAY 340 quid cash....not going in to conspiracy theory here.

Would you just answer the question and let us know how much it would cost you ballpark to have that 10kWh battery installed?
    On another tone...I highly recommend to all of you that thinks to go with PVs to replace the exiting meter with a import/export type even if it cost you TODAY 340 quid cash....

Why? Paying for the install of an import/export meter would add considerable time to the already very, very long ROI / pay back time for a solar PV install. Once you install your Sonnenergy system, your pay back time is about 250 years. If only I was joking...

Would you just answer the question and let us know how much it would cost you ballpark to have that 10kWh battery installed?

Why? Paying for the install of an import/export meter would add considerable time to the already very, very long ROI / pay back time for a solar PV install. Once you install your Sonnenergy system, your pay back time is about 250 years. If only I was joking...

My Sonnen system is fcuking here on the internet or...somewhere in a warehouse in Germany... or a boat in China Sea...

At the moment,it looks the most plausible and effective battery system available on the market and working under Irish regulations. Complete plug and play and does all the things that I expect (Still waiting for hybrid function confirmation).
    If I managed to disturb "the force" for some local distributor or anything like it..is not going to work because like you said is very expensive and not worth it.

I do not know the cost adding Paddys taxes and so on, i found it on the continent and is not available for selling here yet. I am not a sales man, not a dealer and I definitively not working under commission. So stop asking questions at which I do not know the answer.

Related to meter...can't say too much rather than I advise to pay the charge and get a proper import/export meter to avoid any technical surprises .I can't comment any more on the matter due to legal reasons.

As well, keep well and enjoy the Sunday...and more Sonnen for you ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The handy thing about this video is that you can tell when the guy is saying something that is wrong because his lips are moving. What he is saying is just not correct.

The handy thing about this video is that you can tell when the guy is saying something that is wrong because his lips are moving. What he is saying is just not correct.

Last time when I "checked" his bank account, he was still on their payroll ! :)
    Can you correct him and tell us what is wrong, please … looking forward.

Back on topic...
    While doing some research on wind turbines... found lots of installations of solar panels and wind turbines made by a Polish based company.
    Few of them in Donegal, but mostly in West Cork. Cannot understand a single word from what the guy / installers is playing about... but looks like people does take in consideration the renewables' advantages and not necessarily comes and argue here, on boards...

Last time when I "checked" his bank account, he was still on their payroll ! :)
    Can you correct him and tell us what is wrong, please … looking forward.

The YouTube comments on the video explain some of the problems with the video.

The YouTube comments on the video explain some of the problems with the video.

Ok, thanks.
    We are going off the main topic here... mods please move if feel appropriate.

One thing that I "understood" from the video...they are designing the battery system so that it will recharging cycle once or twice over a 24 hours period.
    Then, given the battery warranty of 10 years and 10,000 cycles...I wonder will they know via remote monitoring that the owner has "exceeded" these parameters or constraints, therefore having a valid reason to "invalidate" warranty !???

Later Edit
    Could be not related but...shows people moving with renewables..
    The Polish chap enjoying his time in Irlandia… doing a good job for the owner and for the eco

Love the system with wind and with panels..

And the industrial grade upgrade below:

Ok, thanks.
    One thing that I "understood" from the video...they are designing the battery system so that it will recharging cycle once or twice over a 24 hours period.
    Then, given the battery warranty of 10 years and 10,000 cycles...I wonder will they know via remote monitoring that the owner has "exceeded" these parameters or constraints, therefore having a valid reason to "invalidate" warranty !???

It's not that the warranty is invalid, it's that when you have done your 10,000 cycles, the warranty is over.

They can monitor it remotely or they can arrive out at the site and look at the counters and then tell you that the warranty is over.

The economics of batteries is really going to come from remote management and responding to short term grid issues where electricity goes into negative pricing or balancing prices go very high. That's just how these products will make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Am just getting a few quotes now.

This one €7100 before grant thinking this is too small ?

2.4kw PV system
    3kw hybrid inverter
    2.4kw/hr Pylontech battery backup
    Wireless link Power diverter to heat hot water
    All Associated electrical works
    After works BER Assessment included solar PV

Have another installer calling today

• Advertisement

Anyone quote from elite energies? They seem to have finance offer on which popped up on Facebook

I got quote ages ago and I think it was 7k for 3kw, they suggested their panels are better than everyone else’s but if I could pay off monthly on low interest it would make sense

BrendanD wrote: »
    Am just getting a few quotes now.

This one €7100 before grant thinking this is too small ?

2.4kw PV system
    3kw hybrid inverter
    2.4kw/hr Pylontech battery backup
    Wireless link Power diverter to heat hot water
    All Associated electrical works
    After works BER Assessment included solar PV

Have another installer calling today

What that work out after grant?

Didn’t they give you prive to add on another kW and some more batteries?

My understanding is grant is €3.5 so €3.6 after but need that confirmed.

My understanding is grant is €3.5 so €3.6 after but need that confirmed.

2.4kW won’t get you the max grant

Yes so had another guy in today and he specked the following.

4.34kw system
    25year guarantee

14 panels
    Diverter
    Inverter
    Battery 5kw
    Wifi monitering through upgraded heater controles
    Ber

Price after grant €13029
    The company claim the grant for you , also you can claim back a % of the vat.
    Any thoughts on this system ?

• Advertisement

4.34kw system
    25year guarantee

14 panels
    Diverter
    Inverter
    Battery 5kw
    Ber

Price after grant €13029

13k after grant, so they are taking the grant as extra margin. It didn't take long for that sh*t to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

4.34kw system
    25year guarantee

14 panels
    Diverter
    Inverter
    Battery 5kw

Ber

Price after grant €13029

I got a price of similar system for 7k inc vat after grant.

My system was

14 panels (4.2kwp)
    5kw inverter
    5kwh hybrid battery
    Eddi hot water diverter
    Essential load wiring
    Ber assessment.
    Monitoring etc included, and should be as standard.

So your price is double mine for the same system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a price of similar system for 7k inc vat after grant.

My system was

14 panels (4.2kwp)
    5kw inverter
    5kwh hybrid battery
    Eddi hot water diverter
    Essential load wiring
    Ber assessment.
    Monitoring etc included, and should be as standard.

So your price is double mine for the same system

Have you had the final install.

I've had no word from next gen and the other guy who was to come never did and hasn't replied to my latest text as to when he was coming.
    So much for people wanting work!

Have you had the final install.

I've had no word from next gen and the other guy who was to come never did and hasn't replied to my latest text as to when he was coming.
    So much for people wanting work!

No,

I have the panels installed, waiting for the inverter and battery install etc.

Spoken to them in Friday and they are waiting for a final checklist from seai before installing in the electrical side.

The delay seems to be comming from seai producing a sign off sheet. They priced a friend of mine recently as well and he was told they are waiting in the same thing.

(He actually went for a 10kwh battery I think, and 6kwp solar)

Your price is the benchmark, wexfordman2

Anyone looking for substantially more money is taking the p1ss. Are you going ahead? I got an email yesterday stating that you can now claim the subsidy:

"You previously registered on our website that you may be installing a Solar PV system. I am pleased to advise that our Solar PV claims portal is now open for payment requests. "

Edit - crossed posts! Would you mind posting up some pictures of the install?

Your price is the benchmark, wexfordman2

Anyone looking for substantially more money is taking the p1ss. Are you going ahead? I got an email yesterday stating that you can now claim the subsidy:

"You previously registered on our website that you may be installing a Solar PV system. I am pleased to advise that our Solar PV claims portal is now open for payment requests. "

Hi unkel,

Yep, I've gone ahead. They installed the panels about two weeks ago, but waiting on the install of the inverters etc still. They have said that they are awaiting a checklist from seai before doing the electrical install.

I might give seai a ring in Monday and ask them what the story is
    I got the same email you got

Yep, here is photo of the panels on the roof

That's all that's done so far

BTW I went for a 6kwp solar (18 panels) with 5kwh hybrid battery, 5kw inverter and eddi. The price for that was 12k inc vat before grant, so cost to me was 8k (I paid an extra 1k for the additional 2kwp) based on unkel egging me on to bargain a bit more out if them :-)

Wow certainly pays to shop around thanks everyone

Sweet!

Now get yourself an EV pronto :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi unkel,

Yep, I've gone ahead. They installed the panels about two weeks ago, but waiting on the install of the inverters etc still. They have said that they are awaiting a checklist from seai before doing the electrical install.

I’m in the same position Wexfordman2. Panels are in and just waiting for electrician date.

I must say I’m jealous of your 18 panels. I only had room for 10 on my semi-d.

• Advertisement

I’m in the same position Wexfordman2. Panels are in and just waiting for electrician date.

Just on this is there any problem splitting the panels , was thinking 50% on my roof and another 6 or 7 on the office at the end of the garden ?
    There’s a recent case in Limerick where a woman was refused planning permission to retain solar panels and ended up removing some

Are your installers waiting in seai checklist as well ?

Just on this is there any problem splitting the panels , was thinking 50% on my roof and another 6 or 7 on the office at the end of the garden ?
    There’s a recent case in Limerick where a woman was refused planning permission to retain solar panels and ended up removing some

Funny you should mention this as I too have an office at the end of the garden and was thinking the same. However I ruled it out as there are trees behind the cabin that would interfere with the direct sunlight.

Are your installers waiting in seai checklist as well ?

I believe we have the same installer. I was told that the delay was partly due to SEAI but also due to a firmware update needed from the battery manufacturer.

The Limerick case was a bit of a mess from start to finish to be honest so shouldn't really be a reference point

No problem spilting them as far as I know, I am thinking the same, some on sheds out the back and some on front of house.....once you can run a power cable to them....well I would expect so....

I did talk to one installer and they asked if I had power running to shed it would make it a lot easier....of course I dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

They'll probably tell you the same thing that they told me - they can't discuss any details about contractors for data protection reasons and that the grant is only payable when the work is done by contractors that are on their approved list. I don't think that the last point is a big deal as once the contractor is tax compliant and uses properly qualified labour then there shouldn't be an issue getting on to the list.

Your array looks fantastic BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Yep, here is photo of the panels on the roof

That's all that's done so far

BTW I went for a 6kwp solar (18 panels) with 5kwh hybrid battery, 5kw inverter and eddi. The price for that was 12k inc vat before grant, so cost to me was 8k (I paid an extra 1k for the additional 2kwp) based on unkel egging me on to bargain a bit more out if them :-)

I think you’re based in Cork wexfordman. Just wondering if you could PM me your installer?

Also anyone have information on how they work out the built before 2011 date. House was built in 2010 but we didn’t get power connected until the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

GaryCocs wrote: »

Also anyone have information on how they work out the built before 2011 date. House was built in 2010 but we didn’t get power connected until the new year.

AFAIK it’s based on the date the meter was installed and obviously ESB will have provided that date.

The SEAI online form cleared me for the grant and mine went in in 2011 so I think you should be fine too. I believe it’s on or before 2011.

Just enter your MPRN into the form and you’ll soon know.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    I think you’re based in Cork wexfordman. Just wondering if you could PM me your installer?

Yep, I'm.in cork. Just pm'd you the details.

• Advertisement

They'll probably tell you the same thing that they told me - they can't discuss any details about contractors for data protection reasons and that the grant is only payable when the work is done by contractors that are on their approved list. I don't think that the last point is a big deal as once the contractor is tax compliant and uses properly qualified labour then there shouldn't be an issue getting on to the list.

Your array looks fantastic BTW

Cheers

What I wanted to ask them wansnt specific to an installer,.just what or why is their a delay on releasing a checklist.to installers.

Advertisement