Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc. Business Analytics Smurfit

Options
  • 04-08-2018 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Anyone starting this course in September?

I'm just finishing up and have a few textbooks. Giving them away for free if anyone is doing the course. Might be a good headstart for someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Thinking about doing this next year (currently doing the data analytics masters in NCI). How did you find the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Nelbert wrote: »
    Thinking about doing this next year (currently doing the data analytics masters in NCI). How did you find the course?

It really depends on what you're looking for. The course recently underwent a restructuring that a lot of people feel is for the worse. There is too much of an emphasis on the bussiness aspect rather than getting technical and hands on. A course you come out of feeling you're able to talk about a lot of techniques but little experience of implementing them.

However, I'd you're looking a more rounded experience with a bit of business soft skills then it could be worth it. However, if you've completed the NCI masters I'm not sure you'd gain a lot from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Nelbert wrote: »

It really depends on what you're looking for. The course recently underwent a restructuring that a lot of people feel is for the worse. There is too much of an emphasis on the bussiness aspect rather than getting technical and hands on. A course you come out of feeling you're able to talk about a lot of techniques but little experience of implementing them.

However, I'd you're looking a more rounded experience with a bit of business soft skills then it could be worth it. However, if you've completed the NCI masters I'm not sure you'd gain a lot from this.

Advertisement