Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offie with a wide range of Irish craft beers

Options
  • 04-08-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

As it says on the tin, I'm looking to pick up a bag of Irish brews, stouts hopefully. I don't know what the Dunnes/SuperValu crowd will be like, but I'm presuming a dedicated off licence will have a bigger range. Any and all recommendations appreciated.

Cheers

WP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hi folks,

As it says on the tin, I'm looking to pick up a bag of Irish brews, stouts hopefully. I don't know what the Dunnes/SuperValu crowd will be like, but I'm presuming a dedicated off licence will have a bigger range. Any and all recommendations appreciated.

Cheers

WP

Joyces Knocknacarra, McCambridges and O Briens have the best ranges especially the latter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There aren't that many Irish stouts out at the minute outside of OHaras,Gbb and Kinnegar. The likes of Whiplash, Hope etc are still in summer mode with session ipas etc. There is the Larkin's Baltic Porter in OBriens, an excellent drink and they usually have the Wylam Macchiato Porter too(not Irish but great) OBriens is best, then McCambridges and then Joyce's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I asked this question a few weeks back.

I tried McCambridge’s, O’Briens but found Joyce’s (Fr Griffin Road) to be the best. They seem to cycle their stock every few weeks so the selection is always a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Circumstances ended up being me to O'Brien's twice over the weekend, and what they didn't have th first time they did the second.

Cheers for your help folks.

Advertisement