Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this Subaru Forester....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that not a good bit for an 07?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Expect 25mpg on average.
    Great cars on bad roads.

I had one myself and loved the heated seats and sunroof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is nothing cheap about that car given it's 11 years old, thirsty and not very desirable these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TomEire

Their a nice jeep to be fair but i wouldnt touch a petrol one ,its not worth 3300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It's not a turbo either is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Well fairly unequivocal opinion on that one.
    How about this outback?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-outback-in-perfect-condition/19336378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Stay as far away as possible from the diesel engine in that car. Far far far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Bazzer007

Boxer Diesel engines can give trouble up to 2013 due to a crankshaft issue otherwise very well built. Petrol engine is very reliable & overall a very comfortable jeep. Thirsty as you say but that’s to be expected. Think €2500 would be a good deal if she’s clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

terrydel wrote: »
    Well fairly unequivocal opinion on that one.
    How about this outback?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-outback-in-perfect-condition/19336378

I'd stick to the petrol on these. First Subaru diesels were poor.

The first one actually looks very clean. Prob too dear but he could be trying to sell a while.

Missed the reply above. Yeah I'd have the 2007 at 2600 or 2700. If you get couple years be cheap comfortable motoring.

25 to 30 mpg is all they'll do. I love em and happily have one if I was low mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

+1 with Wildly Boaring.For 2700 it would be a fine car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The 07 petrol model is a lovely wagon but overpriced. If your genuinely interested wave €2700 in their face and walk away if they don’t take it. You’ll do well to average 25mpg on shorter runs and into mid 30’s on longer runs but they’re super reliable and unstoppable in snow/ice.

Thanks to all for the very helpful advice and opinions.
    As I'm in the market for a car to tide me over for a couple of years and get me and the missus in and out of work every day, the comments on fuel economy mean I'll keep looking elsewhere.
    Thanks folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

terrydel wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the very helpful advice and opinions.
    As I'm in the market for a car to tide me over for a couple of years and get me and the missus in and out of work every day, the comments on fuel economy mean I'll keep looking elsewhere.
    Thanks folks.

Had a similar legacy, 2.0 petrol auto. TBH I often got below 25 mpg from a yank if I was rushing about. 32 or 33 was "achievable", but looking at taking it v handy and freewheeling to junctions etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you could clarify your requirements OP?
    Daily mileage, budget, kids etc

biko wrote: »
    If you could clarify your requirements OP?
    Daily mileage, budget, kids etc

Sure.
    80 km a day commute,, could do the same at least one day each weekend.
    No kids, just myself and the missus, but two medium sized dogs who we like to take with us at weekends and holidays etc. So hence the preference for an estate of jeep. Her 03 Megane is on its last legs so plan is she'll take my 04 a3 which is running fine and I'll pick something up, budget around 4k. Hopi get to get something for 2-3 til after we have sorted our living arrangements in terms of buying a house. We live in a rural area and would hope to buy in a similar area if not identical one
    Thanks

**Edit**
    Should also add that features I'm looking for are climate and cruise control, 6 speed gearbox preferable, would like leather or half leather (easier to clean with dogs!), anything else is a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

The crankshaft issue was resolved on 2010 builds. So early 2010 would probably be best avoided on the boxer diesel.

Advertisement