Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque

Options
  • 04-08-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I have a cheque addressed to me for 3500€ the issuer is the from an account based in malahide branch of boi. Is it possible to walk into that branch and get that cheque in cash?

Or do I have to Lodge it and wait the three days?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At a minimum, they will need proper ID to cash it.

Are you a BoI customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Castortroy1995

I am a bank of Ireland customer but I don't want to wait the three days for the cheque to clear, I have a valid passport and I'm willing to travel to the branch that issued it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is the cheque crossed? They'll insist you lodge it if it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Victor,

If the cheque is crossed or to account payee only, it will have to be lodged.

Providing that this is not the case, we linked in with the Malahide branch and they have confirmed that they would be able to cash the cheque.

Please be aware the cash service in this branch is 10am-12:30, Monday-Friday.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement