Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant Naas, Sun evening?

Options
  • 04-08-2018 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭

Hi Naasians

I've got to take someone out for dinner tomorrow evvening: we'll be two couples. Anywhere nice to eat that's open on Sunday evening?

I've tried looking on Trip Advisor etc but I always suspect it's the place advertising themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Hi Naasians

I've got to take someone out for dinner tomorrow evvening: we'll be two couples. Anywhere nice to eat that's open on Sunday evening?

I've tried looking on Trip Advisor etc but I always suspect it's the place advertising themselves.

http://www.thecandiedwalnut.ie

We also have http://www.rustic.ie/naas which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Trax is very good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Trax

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Depends what type of food you're after? Butt mullins is nice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Bouchon or vie de chateau. Depends what you want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you all. Quite a few excellent options there! Lucky diners of Naas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Shocked Las Radas hasn’t been mentioned !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Love bouchon

Making notes of all the above, you may be sure :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Hi Naasians

I'm an avid believer in TripAdvisor. For me, if a place is getting bad reports and all of a sudden a new entry with a 5 star ranking, I always ignore that as then I would agree that someone registered to 'up' the place. But from someone who has made numerous contributions? I think they can always be sussed out - not that I'm sayiong one way or the other that they aren't BS'ing.

I'm in Newbridge but there is a dearth of good restaurants here, but am surprised nobody mentioned The Brown Bear...not that far from Naas ( Two Mile House). Or if You want a drive, why not The Hanged Man in Milltown.

Wherever You do decide on, I hope You have a nice meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

two couples, then vie de chateaux will be perfect.

So where did you go in the end?

We plumped for the first one named, The Candied Walnut.

The food was excellent, really good. I had the Wicklow Lamb and it was delectable.
    Also the vegetable dishes were good, and that is a reliable test.
    I would say, it's a bit expensive: but not outside the range of Dublin prices, if you know what I mean.

As a matter of fact, we've noted all the other places suggested by you helpful Boardsies, and plan to try out more of them in the future!

PS WE had already been to The Hanged Man at Milltown (for a weekday lunch) and found that excellent, and in a beautiful rural setting too.

So thank you all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Havent been to the Candied Walnut yet but TripAdvisor feedback seems very good but the few people I know that went there, didn't give it the review I was reading from TA

For me I would say my fave is Bouchon....never got a bad meal here and they have Kav underneath for a pint before and a few after

Trax is excellent aswell but last meal I had there a few weeks ago was not as good as had before

Mayur Indian is excellent, best Indian I've had and the few people with me said similar

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Havent been to the Candied Walnut yet but TripAdvisor feedback seems very good but the few people I know that went there, didn't give it the review I was reading from TA

For me I would say my fave is Bouchon....never got a bad meal here and they have Kav underneath for a pint before and a few after

Trax is excellent aswell but last meal I had there a few weeks ago was not as good as had before

Mayur Indian is excellent, best Indian I've had and the few people with me said similar

Ooh, marking down "Mayur" - good Indian food is not so common! Thank you!
    My "reliable test" for Indian food is the breads and the vegetarian food;
    Will they do a decent chapatti with Dhal? with yogurt and lime pickle?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Tani, Japanese place on new Row is quite good too, and for some homestyle cooking and setting, Butt Mullins is still a great old reliable !

Lawlors I'm not overly keen on - had the steak on a stone there some time back - food was quite good but the place is always mad noisy.....doesn't seem to have decided if it wants to be a bar, restaurant, or nightclub....so looks to combine all three to the detriment of the place I feel especially if you are in for food.

Advertisement