Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bullying and harassment

Options
  • 04-08-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,
    I hope you are well.
    Just need some advise with an work matter
    Recently I have been invited to an investigation meeting as my supervisor's solicitor sent a letter to our Co. HR accusing me of bullying and harassment.
    After HR met me she came down in the Unit to interview all the staff.
    Could you please tell me what would be the next steps?
    Needless to say that I am very curious to know what staff said. will I ever find out?

Thank you all

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Based on my limited knowledge of this, you will eventually be presented with their facts and you will be able to state your position.

But it is very likely you won't know which exact person said which exact statement.

Is there some truth to the accusations? If so, I would start looking for a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mireasa

Hi all,
    Finally the Co. investigation result came today.
    After interviewing all staff the overall conclusion was that there was no case of bullying and harassment.
    As the letter was sent by a solicitor will this go to Court?
    Obviously the supervisor won't be happy with the outcome of the investigation.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Have you been given a copy of the investigation result?

It is possible that this could end up in court. The supervisor can object to the outcome and appeal it internally and then take your employer to court. Even if the court finds that there is no case to answer (by you) its the process of how the investigation went and the result was obtained that is usually the weak spot and results in a payout to the employee.

Although there has been nothing found I would suggest that you request HR send you on a suitable communications and conflict resolution course. I am not suggestion that there was any foundation to the accusations but it could give you alternative ways of dealing with your supervisor.

Also if the supervisor is not sadisfied with the outcome and if it would not have a negative impact on your current job and career I would approach HR and request a move away from the supervisor. You don't want to have to spend your work day second guessing if any interaction with your manager would result in further complaints.

yes. I got a copy of the result of investigation. The investigation team found the allegation not true.
    the news is that the supervisor quit the job. his last day will be end of august.
    the HR tried to make him change his mind but he didn't want to reconsider.
    also, they assured me that we are in this together and will go like a team.
    the supervisor asked for all witnesses declaration for his solicitor.
    does anyone know how this works?
    I am pretty sure that he will sue the Co.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

mireasa wrote: »
    yes. I got a copy of the result of investigation. The investigation team found the allegation not true.
    the news is that the supervisor quit the job. his last day will be end of august.
    the HR tried to make him change his mind but he didn't want to reconsider.
    the supervisor asked for all witnesses declaration for his solicitor.
    does anyone know how this works?
    I am pretty sure that he will sue the Co.

Thanks all

Are there any truths at all in the bullying allegations against you? Most bullies don't know they are bullies so have you taken time to consider the other point of view and viewed your actions properly?

• Advertisement

I am sure I am not a bullie.
    the witnesses, almost all team, said that I am treating all of them the same...
    It would have been so easy for the co. to let me go, especially because I was still on probation.
    there are another 2 staff in my team that sued the co. claiming for injuries ( one lady sued 3 times...what can I say ...she is a rich lady now) so I would say that there is a suing culture in the team.
    a new management came in and we are decided not to take any bull**** anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Don't be too naive, if the legal team want a scapegoat the lowest person in the chain is always the most vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Very unusual for someone to be bullying their supervisor. Was there other investigations before the solicitor got involved?

the witnesses, almost all team, said that I am treating all of them the same...

a new management came in and we are decided not to take any bull**** anymore

first line is not really a refutation of behaviour that could be a problem

second line is....yeah

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Very unusual for someone to be bullying their supervisor. Was there other investigations before the solicitor got involved?

There was a counselling meeting between myself, HR and supervisor after he came back from 4 weeks "stress leave".

• Advertisement

first line is not really a refutation of behaviour that could be a problem

second line is....yeah
    I am not sure I understand your comment:(

News news news
    The supervisor resign. he gave 2 weeks notice but my superior had to send him home as he was acting so irrationally ( he was saying to us that karma will f...all in the ass and we will all see what is going to happen to us)

Advertisement