Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

• 04-08-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

m1alb7.jpg
    RmBhbO.jpg

The group appear in the poor district of the Outer World's largest metropolis, deep in the night.

The smoke from nearby houses creates a thin fog. The smell of tea and meaty stews fill the air. The whistles of the dragon trains fill the ears.

In the distance, the lights of the temple district, home now to over four thousand faiths, are visible above the nearby buildings.

The buildings themselves form a concrete labyrinth. Many passageways run between the higher floors of neighbouring houses and shops.

The various guild houses are pointed out on a nearby sign, including the massive Thieves' Guild Manor House.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks around him and surveys his new surroundings.

'Right. Let's find a tavern and a bed and then tomorrow we can plot our next move.

Taverns are also useful for learning about information, quests and the likes. Plus I want some ale.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks around him and surveys his new surroundings.

'Right. Let's find a tavern and a bed and then tomorrow we can plot our next move.

Taverns are also useful for learning about information, quests and the likes. Plus I want some ale.'

Wade nods and follows his retainer.

Ooc ye are no longer subservient to the pc killer I take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Lets me follow you to the tavern, so I know were we will be holding up, then i'll go scout the temple district for this temple i am suppose to be restoring to see how much work I'll need to have contracted out. Then I'll probably need to go on some dungeoneering missions to pay the contracters bills."

“So I realised that that thing “Jeremy” was one of ye, what happened exactly?”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Ooc ye are no longer subservient to the pc killer I take it
    OOC: Correct, you're all free

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Correct, you're all free

Ooc I was born free

Vrakrash heads off looking for the nearest tavern with Columbo wrapped around his neck and an arm around Karinth's shoulders, whispering to him.

'Look... with Iuric. There must have been some sort of magic that muddled his mind as much as ours. I think for now, we should let bygones be bygones. He has his sword, and we are now free to drink, be merry and clatter some heads again.'

He turns to the others.

'Let's find a tavern so!'

Vrakrash heads off looking for the nearest tavern with Columbo wrapped around his neck and an arm around Karinth's shoulders, whispering to him.

'Look... with Iuric. There must have been some sort of magic that muddled his mind as much as ours. I think for now, we should let bygones be bygones. He has his sword, and we are now free to drink, be merry and clatter some heads again.'

He turns to the others.

Wade nods.

Wade nods.

'Come join us, new friend! Let us get merry, drunk and smash some heads in if they annoy us!'

• Advertisement

He turns to the others.

"Alright dragon, I shall do this for now"

He seems unsatisfied, but trusts Vrakrash.

The first tavern they spot is "The Horned Gnome", a few dwarves lie outside laughing at humans vomitting their toes up. Entertainment tonight is a professional farter.

OOC: Not a joke, professional farter was an actual medieval job!

"Alright dragon, I shall do this for now"

He seems unsatisfied, but trusts Vrakrash.

The first tavern they spot is "The Horned Gnome", a few dwarves lie outside laughing at humans vomitting their toes up. Entertainment tonight is a professional farter.

OOC: Not a joke, professional farter was an actual medieval job!

Vrakrash takes a look at the scene, in awe of the tavern.

'Wow. We HAVE to go in here.'

He enters the tavern and goes to the bar.

'Barkeep, a round of the strongest drink you stock for myself and my party. Praytell, can you point me in the direction of the nearest lodgings?'

He looks over at the farter.

'This is amazing, such rimwork - I haven't seen anything like this since my time in the Fire Realm... not a place you want a farter though... didn't end so well... would it be rude if I gave it a try after my drink?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric approaches Vrakrash, not having heard the previous sentences, "What say we find a tavern with pleasant indoor scenery, I'm quite fond of blondes, and tell great tales of battle and courage to all who'll hear of them?"

Sarric takes note of where the tavern is, then goes scouting out the temple area looking for his new deities temple.
    He will spend up to four hours at this task.
    If he finds it within the time he will have a quick survey of the temple from the outside and return to the tavern.
    If he does not find it he will return to the tavern tired and will continue his search again another day.

OOC: feel free to return Sarric when the time has past or update if requires interaction within alotted time.

Vrakrash takes a look at the scene, in awe of the tavern.

'Wow. We HAVE to go in here.'

He enters the tavern and goes to the bar.

'Barkeep, a round of the strongest drink you stock for myself and my party. Praytell, can you point me in the direction of the nearest lodgings?'

He looks over at the farter.

'This is amazing, such rimwork - I haven't seen anything like this since my time in the Fire Realm... not a place you want a farter though... didn't end so well... would it be rude if I gave it a try after my drink?'
    The tavern goes quite. The mostly human clientele stare.

Karinth nudges Vrakrash and Iuric.

"I know the issue here"

He turns to the crowd.

"We are simply an adventuring group.

This is Iuric a zealot descended from a god.
    Retula is a god.
    Vrakrash is a golden dragon humanoid hybrid, try to guess which race his father is from, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Sarric is a high elven monk from the Feywild, so technically he's not made of matter like everybody else, but fey stuff. Great chap though.
    Ser Boros is human, as you are and a knight ladies!
    Columbo is a sentient..."

"Magic serpent, monster I suppose" Columbo answers

"...water monster.
    Wade is a simple drow..."

The people grimace in fear

"...the kind that doesn't turn to instant murder
    Mags is...an Orcman octopus bard, I think, good for entertainment.
    Sora here is an ancient queen.
    And Jeremy...well. Jeremy is uhm...our mount...may I tie him up outside barkeep?"

He heads out with Jeremy

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric takes note of where the tavern is, then goes scouting out the temple area looking for his new deities temple.
    He will spend up to four hours at this task.
    If he finds it within the time he will have a quick survey of the temple from the outside and return to the tavern.
    If he does not find it he will return to the tavern tired and will continue his search again another day.

OOC: feel free to return Sarric when the time has past or update if requires interaction within alotted time.
    Sarric comes upon the temple in the dead of the night. A small building, two stories, two rooms on each floor. Smooth black walls, with stars and a moon painted on.

The tavern goes quite. The mostly human clientele stare.

Karinth nudges Vrakrash and Iuric.

"I know the issue here"

He turns to the crowd.

"We are simply an adventuring group.

This is Iuric a zealot descended from a god.
    Retula is a god.
    Vrakrash is a golden dragon humanoid hybrid, try to guess which race his father is from, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Sarric is a high elven monk from the Feywild, so technically he's not made of matter like everybody else, but fey stuff. Great chap though.
    Ser Boros is human, as you are and a knight ladies!
    Columbo is a sentient..."

"Magic serpent, monster I suppose" Columbo answers

"...water monster.
    Wade is a simple drow..."

The people grimace in fear

"...the kind that doesn't turn to instant murder
    Mags is...an Orcman octopus bard, I think, good for entertainment.
    Sora here is an ancient queen.
    And Jeremy...well. Jeremy is uhm...our mount...may I tie him up outside barkeep?"

He heads out with Jeremy

“Have ye any mushroom wine?”

The professional farter, seeing a lull in the nightly banter, speaks.

"All are welcome. Dragon, your kind are respected in the city. Would you come up to aide me?"

“Have ye any mushroom wine?”
    The barkeep looks over.

"One bottle, it's rare stuff, last drow through here was four years ago. Willing to pay premium?"

Sarric comes upon the temple in the dead of the night. A small building, two stories, two rooms on each floor. Smooth black walls, with stars and a moon painted on.

Sarric notes the location and returns to the tavern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula looks for a graveyard and if she finds one blows the whistle to take the dogs for walkies.

The professional farter, seeing a lull in the nightly banter, speaks.

"All are welcome. Dragon, your kind are respected in the city. Would you come up to aide me?"

'Sure, a drink first though.'

Vrakrash grabs a drink from a random table and downs it before joining the farter on stage.

Iuric strolls up to the bar and gets the attention of barkeep "A tankard of good strong my good man" and has a look around for any blondes in need of company and the regaling of exciting tales.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula looks for a graveyard and if she finds one blows the whistle to take the dogs for walkies.
    The Osinzir death hounds drop out the 23rd Osinzir Hell, paws slightly ablaze, smoke smelling of gravel pouring from their mouths.

They give her a friendly lick and go for a midnight run.

'Sure, a drink first though.'

Vrakrash grabs a drink from a random table and downs it before joining the farter on stage.
    The farter begins a story.

"Friends, long ago a dragon lived in this city, she sired our entire transport service. However, did ye ever hear tell of their father. We travel back long ago..."

He drops his trousers, picks up some paint and paints his arse gold.

"...this is Citra, queen of the dragons and this..."

He points to Vrakrash.

"...is her mate and thus their romance begins..."

He brings his arse next to Vrakrash.

"...Majakr moska irthiski?" he says in Draconic, meaning "My dear, give me a kiss?" opening and closing the cheeks as if they were a mouth.

Vrakrash smiles and drops his trousers.

'I'll give ya more than a kiss lad!'

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric strolls up to the bar and gets the attention of barkeep "A tankard of good strong my good man" and has a look around for any blondes in need of company and the regaling of exciting tales.
    The barkeep narrows his eyes.

"A tankard, you look too lithe to handle that...are you sure?"

Two blonde women sit in the corner. Like many others in the tavern, they are enchanted by Iuric's features.

Vrakrash smiles and drops his trousers.

'I'll give ya more than a kiss lad!'
    The bar bursts out laughing as the tension is lifted.

The farter pulls up his trousers and bows, before extending a handshake to Vrakrash.

"A drink my friend, I think you just improved my performance"

The bar bursts out laughing as the tension is lifted.

The farter pulls up his trousers and bows, before extending a handshake to Vrakrash.

"A drink my friend, I think you just improved my performance"

Vrakrash accepts the handshake.

'I will accept your offer - but I'm buying the drinks.'

He turns to the floor and roars.

'A ROUND FOR THE HOUSE!'

He turns round and farts as loudly as he can.

• Advertisement

The barkeep narrows his eyes.

"A tankard, you look too lithe to handle that...are you sure?"

Two blonde women sit in the corner. Like many others in the tavern, they are enchanted by Iuric's features.
    "I've had many a tankard in adventures past. Say, would you happen to know what the two visions there" gestures at the women "care to drink?"

OOC: A tankard is usually somewhere between one and two pints right?

Advertisement