Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Citra grabs Wade and Iuric and takes to sky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Time for a short rest on the way and is Grodinz coming?

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Time for a short rest on the way and is Grodinz coming?
    OOC: Definitely regarding the long rest. Grodinz will come with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I start meditating a two hour short rest

Citra lands with a thud in the capital of the Shire, a sprawling village known as Goodiezan.

k7ebTV.jpg

"Vrakrash and whoever wants to see the town, please go to the town office and retrieve the tower key"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash hops down off Citra and makes for the Shire.

'Anyone coming with?'

He starts off down the road towards the centre of town, looking for a friendly face to show him to the town office.

Iuric retrieves Durandal from whoever was minding it and joins Vrakrash for his trip into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : am I still in Bandysia with the nudist?

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : am I still in Bandysia with the nudist?
    OOC: Nudist went with Citra (he never got off her). You're the only one with independent means of flight, so you can have gone here or straight to the tower, whatever you want

Iuric retrieves Durandal from whoever was minding it and joins Vrakrash for his trip into town.
    Karinth gives Iuric Durandal.

"I think it suits you more Paladin, a fine blade" he pats Iuric on the shoulder.

"The shire then, never thought much for Hobbits, silly race, no surprise the key is with them I suppose, last place anybody would look"

Vrakrash is pointed to the large windmill at the top of the town, the closest thing to a mayoral office the town has. There's a nice museum of Halfling history inside apparently.

OOC: 1E material had both Halfling and Hobbit as words for the race. Hobbit was dropped after the Tolkien estate sued Gygax, so it isn't in modern editions

• Advertisement

OOC: Nudist went with Citra (he never got off her). You're the only one with independent means of flight, so you can have gone here or straight to the tower, whatever you want

Ooc : dont let Sarric hear you say that!

Retula leaves Hetyaro to watch the dragon and nudist. She and Patinkin follow Vrakrash

"Nice peaceful place" Patinkin remarks "Grain production is within 17% of optimal yields. Surprising as they are putting little thought into it. Natural racial disposition? Must look up later"

Karinth gives Iuric Durandal.

"I think it suits you more Paladin, a fine blade" he pats Iuric on the shoulder.
    "...Thank you Kanrith." Iuric not sure if that's a compliment. "Has he said anything interesting?"

"Grodinz, can I use the amulet to summon you if need be or do you need to accompany us?"

Vrakrash is pointed to the large windmill at the top of the town, the closest thing to a mayoral office the town has. There's a nice museum of Halfling history inside apparently.

Vrakrash makes for the windmill at the top of the hill and enters.

"...Thank you Kanrith." Iuric not sure if that's a compliment. "Has he said anything interesting?"

"Grodinz, can I use the amulet to summon you if need be or do you need to accompany us?"
    "I'll stay in the amulet lad, should ye need me" he says disappearing.

"Not really, the usual guff about 'I have consumed thousands' and so. I would imagine he was a wizard in life, common enough end state for them when they get too arrogant. The gods put them in blade or weapons. Some say to punish them. I'd say it's because the gods are getting scared"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash makes for the windmill at the top of the hill and enters.
    A Hobbit lies sleeping at the desk inside. The nameplate says "Bomberic Goodenough".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric hops of the dragons back and heads for the town and any drinking establishments he can find.

A Hobbit lies sleeping at the desk inside. The nameplate says "Bomberic Goodenough".

Vrakrash thinks about coughing, but an accidental flame and he might not get what he wants.

He lightly slaps the hobbit on the shoulder.

'Good day... Mr... Goodenough is it? I have been sent by my mother for the key to the tower.'

He pauses.

'So... what exactly are you goodenough at? Sleeping, anyways - from the looks of it.'

Iuric nods and leaves to catch up with Vrakrash.

OOC: Autocorrect changed "disappearing" to "disappointing" for Grodinz above!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I chased the dragon
    “ that’s a descendant of Master Goodie, he has many descendants cos he was very virile and didn’t die childless like many of his company!”

Source arcane knowledge 3-+ I am a veteran mercenary drow which means I’ve herd stories and I’m an archer so I took an interest and also .. well I have that bow don’t i.

Also obviously I’ve wrapped my bow so people can’t see what it is

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric hops of the dragons back and heads for the town and any drinking establishments he can find.
    He quickly finds an old halfling pub, their traditional beers' sweet smells wafting out the window.

Vrakrash thinks about coughing, but an accidental flame and he might not get what he wants.

He lightly slaps the hobbit on the shoulder.

'Good day... Mr... Goodenough is it? I have been sent by my mother for the key to the tower.'

He pauses.

'So... what exactly are you goodenough at? Sleeping, anyways - from the looks of it.'
    The hobbit begins to open his eyes, but almost quicker than Vrakrash can follow flips behind the desk and draws an arrow.

"Who are you...."

He then hears Vrakrash's remark.

"Somebody evil would attack rather than making wise arse remarks. Yes we have the tower key, at the back of the museum..."

He leans to look behind Vrakrash.

"...Citra is alive again and your mother?"

He quickly finds an old halfling pub, their traditional beers' sweet smells wafting out the window.

Sarric enters,

"Good Day to you, any hot broths going? a quick meal would be nice to have, flying on the back of a dragon is hungry work, and a talkard of your fine ale, need to dull the nerves of flying."

Sarric takes a seat and waits.

The hobbit begins to open his eyes, but almost quicker than Vrakrash can follow flips behind the desk and draws an arrow.

"Who are you...."

He then hears Vrakrash's remark.

"Somebody evil would attack rather than making wise arse remarks. Yes we have the tower key, at the back of the museum..."

Vrakrash looks sheepish and rubs the back of his neck.

'Er... yeah - long story involving a scroll and a dragon with mommy issues... er... my brother, not me. I shall leave you to converse with the rest of my party.'

Vrakrash heads for the back of the museum, looking for the key.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I chased the dragon
    “ that’s a descendant of Master Goodie, he has many descendants cos he was very virile and didn’t die childless like many of his company!”
    "Virile! You don't know the half of it. I'm the eldest of twenty eight. Aye dad always had the ladies..." he says gesturing to a statue of a robust and hearty looking hobbit with women of all races drapped at his feet.

"The last we saw of him he disappeared up the mountains five years ago to appease the Siren goddesses of snow peak. Some say he perished there pleasuring them. I'm not sure myself, but I suppose as they say...."

He scratches his nose.

"...old hobbits die hard"

Retula looks pointedly at Iuric.

"Not for long, long as you give us the key and let us on our way. We'll get her back to sleep and the world can go back to rights. So chop chop"

Sarric enters,

"Good Day to you, any hot broths going? a quick meal would be nice to have, flying on the back of a dragon is hungry work, and a talkard of your fine ale, need to dull the nerves of flying."

Sarric takes a seat and waits.
    The halflings take a look at Sarric.

"So tall..." one elderly man says looking up.

"This way Mr Elf sir" a bar maid says guiding Sarric to a seat.

"Meat and spuds do you alright, washed down with Watergrass Ale?"

Ser Boros steps in.

"Hobbits, Gul stew if you will, I am with the Elf"

He sits on a seat next to Sarric, breaking it from the weight of his plate armour.

"I'll stand"

He stands next to the window eating his stew beside Sarric.

Iuric has a look around the museum while Vrakrash is off getting the key.

• Advertisement

The halflings take a look at Sarric.

"So tall..." one elderly man says looking up.

"This way Mr Elf sir" a bar maid says guiding Sarric to a seat.

"Meat and spuds do you alright, washed down with Watergrass Ale?"

Ser Boros steps in.

"Hobbits, Gul stew if you will, I am with the Elf"

He sits on a seat next to Sarric, breaking it from the weight of his plate armour.

"I'll stand"

He stands next to the window eating his stew beside Sarric.

Sarric eats quickly, " That was scrumtious!"

Sarric looks around the establishment looking for eager eyes.

Iuric has a look around the museum while Vrakrash is off getting the key.
    The museum has the skeletons of various witches that Goodie had protected the Shire from over the years. Powerful magic users appearing in the guise of helpless old women.

There are also various artefacts from previous stages of Hobbit civilization. Iuric's eye is drawn to a reptilian eye design on a sword scabbard, apparently used to belong to a conqueror of this region. The scabbard is a match for the strange shape of Durandal.

Vrakrash looks sheepish and rubs the back of his neck.

'Er... yeah - long story involving a scroll and a dragon with mommy issues... er... my brother, not me. I shall leave you to converse with the rest of my party.'

Vrakrash heads for the back of the museum, looking for the key.
    A hand written note in an archaic human language that for some reason Vrakrash simply instantly comprehends lies on a green case.

Within the case, a giant red key.

The note reads:
    "The case will open for those whom it should"

Vrakrash attempts to open the case.

There are also various artefacts from previous stages of Hobbit civilization. Iuric's eye is drawn to a reptilian eye design on a sword scabbard, apparently used to belong to a conqueror of this region. The scabbard is a match for the strange shape of Durandal.
    Iuric calls over someone working at the museum "What is the history of this item, it's reminiscent of something?"

Sarric eats quickly, " That was scrumtious!"

Sarric looks around the establishment looking for eager eyes.
    The hobbits in general are rather pleased with Sarric.

"Nice to see one of yer folk can take pleasure from the simple act of eating rather than composing poetry in towers. Look at that hair my daughters, he's a high elf. Not like them chaps in the woods, he's a level above them. This lad is so graceful he probably can't trip"

The daughters, eight in total, stare at Sarric's luscious locks.

"More meat!" Ser Boros requests.

• Advertisement

The hobbits in general are rather pleased with Sarric.

"Nice to see one of yer folk can take pleasure from the simple act of eating rather than composing poetry in towers. Look at that hair my daughters, he's a high elf. Not like them chaps in the woods, he's a level above them. This lad is so graceful he probably can't trip"

The daughters, eight in total, stare at Sarric's luscious locks.

"More meat!" Ser Boros requests.

"Thank you for the kind words, we are on an adventure of sorts and are on the lookout for a brave lady or lad who would be skilled at finding traps and picking locks, would there be any such adventorous type willing to join us in this town? The pay is awesome!"

Iuric calls over someone working at the museum "What is the history of this item, it's reminiscent of something."
    A hobbit with wooden framed glasses walks over.

"It was the scabbard of Tolb, an old Wizard that lived in a castle built on this hill. It held his blade, apparently recharged it. Though he lived so long ago who can say"

"Thank you for the kind words, we are on an adventure of sorts and are on the lookout for a brave lady or lad who would be skilled at finding traps and picking locks, would there be any such adventorous type willing to join us in this town? The pay is awesome!"
    Three young halflings stand up.

"We've been looking to see the world. Gholz and myself are decent enough at our kinds warcraft. Mizzy here..."

He gestures to another hobbit in her early 40s, a late teenager to their kind.

"...is a skilled thief. Where do you intend to go next?"

Vrakrash attempts to open the case.
    At his touch, the symbol of a golden dragon appears, behind it in red appears a large stylistic "F" in the human script.

The case opens.

A hobbit with wooden framed glasses walks over.

"It was the scabbard of Tolb, an old Wizard that lived in a castle built on this hill. It held his blade, apparently recharged it. Though he lived so long ago who can say"
    "Tolb, the name is unfamilliar. Is there a mention of a Falgim, or perhaps a Durandal in the tale?"

• Advertisement

Vrakrash reaches in and grabs the key.

'Hey, this case opened up for me! I must be special or something!'

Three young halflings stand up.

"We've been looking to see the world. Gholz and myself are decent enough at our kinds warcraft. Mizzy here..."

He gestures to another hobbit in her early 40s, a late teenager to their kind.

"...is a skilled thief. Where do you intend to go next?"

"We'll be flying on dragins back, a golden dragon no less, to a tower to the east. From there I do not know where next, but, it'll be fun and rewarding, we'd love to take you three, if you wish to come. If you need money to buy supplies, I can give it to you." Sarric dangles out a pouch of 75gp for them to take.

"Tolb, the name is unfamilliar. Is there a mention of a Falgim, or perhaps a Durandal in the tale?"
    "Falgim yes, that was his brother's name. Durandal, no. I know of the myths of the 'emperor-breaking sword' as they call it, but it is unconnected as far as I know"

Yawning, Retula wanders back outside to the dragon.

"So... What's the story? You gonna lie down and let me take a few hundred swipes at you with this?"
    She waves a dagger.
    "Doesn't seem very humane. But then if some of the stories about you are true, might be fitting.

Hey, Patinkin, what's the most efficient way to put her back to sleep? Look at her! It'd be like trying to arm wrestle a small town.

I don't want this to come across all goady, it's a real logistical challenge and its in all of our interests that I solve it quickly."

"Falgim yes, that was his brother's name. Durandal, no. I know of the myths of the 'emperor-breaking sword' as they call it, but it is unconnected as far as I know"
    "I possess the sword that contains Falgim♥s spirit, I don't suppose the scabbard is for sale?" Iuric tries to lay on some of that natural Aasimar charm.

Banjo wrote: »
    I don't want this to come across all goady, it's a real logistical challenge and its in all of our interests that I solve it quickly."
    "There are many things in the tower that can kill me instantly. One of the reasons I want to go. I don't want death by slow blood loss"

"I possess the sword that contains Falgim♥s spirit, I don't suppose the scabbard is for sale?" Iuric tries to lay on some of that natural Aasimar charm.
    OOC: Charisma(Persuasion) check

OOC: Charisma(Persuasion) check
    OOC: 12

OOC: 12
    "...500GP and she's yours, on account of the age and all"

Vrakrash reaches in and grabs the key.

'Hey, this case opened up for me! I must be special or something!'
    "Indeed..." a voice speaks from behind him "...now take the key, don't look in my direction and leave"

• Advertisement
Advertisement