Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »
    Bomberic Goodenough perks up at this.

"Dad's arrows? Of course, we've been improving them. Had dwarves take a look. How high a yield are you looking for?"

He opens a locked door in the office revealing three arrows.

"These are the 'Dragon-Breakers', no offence to your friend. Interested?"

Well yes I am

He looks at them with wonder.

"The museum is without high quality elven artefacts...yes, you may take the scabbard"

“ oh I thought you’d have the armour and rapier :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"We might visit our families before we leave, the tower is known to be dangerous.

See you back at the dragon"

"Okay, see you there. I'll clear your tabs for this establishment."

Sarric asks for another tankard to go and pays up the bill and tabs for the 3 hobbits , himself and ser boros.

OOC: tell me how much and i substract ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric hands over the swords, takes the scabbard, and puts 'Durandal' in it then catches up to Vrakrash.
    "That was too kind and I shall repay you. Until then I will follow your lead whatever may come"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    "Okay, see you there. I'll clear your tabs for this establishment."

Sarric asks for another tankard to go and pays up the bill and tabs for the 3 hobbits , himself and ser boros.

OOC: tell me how much and i substract ;)
    OOC: Minuscule, 0.25GP

• Advertisement

ooc: haha, i'll subtract 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric hands over the swords, takes the scabbard, and puts 'Durandal' in it then catches up to Vrakrash.
    "That was too kind and I shall repay you. Until then I will follow your lead whatever may come"

'No trouble. A sword such as... that talking one... needs a sheathe. Let's head back to Mother now, yes?'

He pauses and calls back into the museum.

'Wade, I have a scroll that might pay for those arrows. I dare not look behind me, but I shall leave it here for you. You can repay me whenever you can.'

He leaves the scroll of Galdum's Donut Trap beside the doors and heads back to Citra.

Sarric says goodbye to the barmaid, "Nice meeting you", blows her a kiss, and leaves the establishment.

He looks around and heads back towards citra, taking a sip from the tankard every so often.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'No trouble. A sword such as... that talking one... needs a sheathe. Let's head back to Mother now, yes?'

He pauses and calls back into the museum.

'Wade, I have a scroll that might pay for those arrows. I dare not look behind me, but I shall leave it here for you. You can repay me whenever you can.'

He leaves the scroll of Galdum's Donut Trap beside the doors and heads back to Citra.

I pick up the scroll. “Does this scroll interest you ?”
    “ as I said I was hoping I could borrow the masters armour I am a great fan “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"There are many things in the tower that can kill me instantly. One of the reasons I want to go. I don't want death by slow blood loss"

"Golly Goshawks, if they can kill you think what they'll do to us! Well, them.... But if you think letting your son watch you get vaporised or melted or turned to stone and shattered or - keep 'em coming, Manti, this stuff is gold! - if you think that's better than say, watching you fall asleep while all his friends get a gross bath and dragons superpowers, well fine. I'm all about the end, not the means. Seems a little selfish but that's why they call you dragons, not cuddlemonsters.

Hey, what's the deal with naked dude? He for real or is this some by-product of the resurrection or is it just cause his.... Oh shut up! No it can't... no way...

Hey, naked dude!
    We got off to a bad start.
    Let's talk. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"I won't eat you high elf, you're indigestible"
    Mags, raising an eyelid from his slumber at the mention of eating takes note of the elf being indigestible and marks it as a culinary challenge.
    "There is no such thing as 'indigestible'." he mumbles before returning to his slumber.

At the Shire he wanders the town, talking with the locals, putting up flyers. The halflings are a people that like a good party so he imagines that the news of a festival will be welcome to them.

Later he returns to the dragon and sits to compose new songs on the glory of flying (even though he managed to sleep throughout the flight).
    "Got any other names besides Citra? Not having much luck rhyming it." he calls to her, "and I guess rhyming dragon with wagon might be thought of as a bit of an insult. I've got Gold and Bold or Gold and Old and I'm thinking of including the line 'Betrayed, tricked and down the river, sold'."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Retula calls over her shoulder
    "Cóllhug rhymes with 'pole tug' - maybe if you use some of your half-orc charm she'll...uh.... inspire you? Get her to transform first though, those talons look sharp...."

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula calls over her shoulder
    "Cóllhug rhymes with 'pole tug' - maybe if you use some of your half-orc charm she'll...uh.... inspire you? Get her to transform first though, those talons look sharp...."
    "Madam, please! I'm saving myself for marriage! Besides..."

"Aw that's sweet. Not sure what I'd do with 'em, but I'll bear them in mind if I need to make a set of novelty goggles at short notice.

By the way, I like how you think you could stop her if she decided to give you a 'Cóllhug'. Confident, smitten and deluded.... I wonder.... Hey, have you ever thought of joining a death cult? I'm down an old lady worshipper, so I have an opening. The hours are good, we have a full dental plan - I'll smash your teeth in if you stop loving me unconditionally - and you have no idea how badly I need a theme song. This could be a perfect match!"

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Got any other names besides Citra? Not having much luck rhyming it." he calls to her, "and I guess rhyming dragon with wagon might be thought of as a bit of an insult. I've got Gold and Bold or Gold and Old and I'm thinking of including the line 'Betrayed, tricked and down the river, sold'."
    "Retula has already given you my true name, but I have many others. Gozh, Brateem, Molecht..." this goes on for a while "...Frottle, those are the ones I remember"

"Aw that's sweet. Not sure what I'd do with 'em, but I'll bear them in mind if I need to make a set of novelty goggles at short notice.

By the way, I like how you think you could stop her if she decided to give you a 'Cóllhug'. Confident, smitten and deluded.... I wonder.... Hey, have you ever thought of joining a death cult? I'm down an old lady worshipper, so I have an opening. The hours are good, we have a full dental plan - I'll smash your teeth in if you stop loving me unconditionally - and you have no idea how badly I need a theme song. This could be a perfect match!"
    "Me, smitten? Of the dragon you mean! Not so dearest lady death. When I speak of being sold down the river, tis not the dragon I speak of, 'tis us.
    As for your song, I already have that. It's a bit megadeathy, a tad uncouth, very abrasive and well suited to loud instruments. You'll like it, I've composed it to be played in it's entirety by the Semi Sentient Orchestra, they can all talk you know.

What are we gonna do at this tower? Any profit in it for a lowly wandering bard cos I found a lovely suit of armour and I need to raise some cash for to pay for it. And I need a replacement for this damned cursed rapier.
    And I still need a headline act.
    And some elf cookbooks."

"Retula has already given you my true name, but I have many others. Gozh, ..."
    "Gozh? Any relation to Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Gozer the Traveler, Volguus Zildrohar and Lord of the Sebouillia? I've heard a tale, a ghostly warning sung by the bards of Busting, a chilling tale of wanton destruction that was only just defeated by a group of bards wielding ungodly weapons."

"Me, smitten? Of the dragon you mean! Not so dearest lady death. When I speak of being sold down the river, tis not the dragon I speak of, 'tis us.
    As for your song, I already have that. It's a bit megadeathy, a tad uncouth, very abrasive and well suited to loud instruments. You'll like it, I've composed it to be played in it's entirety by the Semi Sentient Orchestra, they can all talk you know.

What are we gonna do at this tower? Any profit in it for a lowly wandering bard cos I found a lovely suit of armour and I need to raise some cash for to pay for it. And I need a replacement for this damned cursed rapier.
    And I still need a headline act.
    And some elf cookbooks."

"I've seen you with money, gold just passes through you like it was reheated rice. What does it matter if there's a profit there, you'd never hold onto it. But, like, how much you need? Gold I have but every time I walk into a shop some sort of catastrophe occurs and I have to run off before I can so much as thumb through the keyrings at the cash desk. I mean look at this guy!"

She points at her Manticore

"I haven't even paid for him yet, still have this useless blue thingy I was gonna swap for him but the shopkeeper had some sort of embolysm when golden boy in there decided to bring all the worries of the world back from oblivion."

She pets his mane (Patinkin's, not Mags's!)

"Not to say you aren't a valued member of Team Retula. Just now you're beyond value, you're priceless, because you can no longer be bought - there, that's nice isn't it?

But come on Mags, come to the tower. You'll get a chance for a heart-rending ballad to soothe Vrakrash's heavy heart when his momma croaks. And if it can kill her outright the rest of us are gonna either be dead or running, so work up a few dirges and some chase music, stand at the back and keep Joepazz handy!"

Retula returns to quizzing the naked guy, disappointed that Mags has spurned her offer to allow him to worship her, but relieved she wasn't suborned into cóllhugging duty in exchange. I mean sure, you do that as a summer job once for giggles but it's not really a solid career option.

"Elf cookbooks, hmm.
    There's a few halflings coming to join us, and if I know anything about halflings, its that they know how to keep their bellies cheerful.
    They might know how to cook an elf properly."

Sarric sits on the ground beside the dragon and takes a big gulp form the tankard.

"Gozh? Any relation to Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Gozer the Traveler, Volguus Zildrohar and Lord of the Sebouillia? I've heard a tale, a ghostly warning sung by the bards of Busting, a chilling tale of wanton destruction that was only just defeated by a group of bards wielding ungodly weapons."
    "I've little experience off plane I'm afraid and have only heard a fraction of the lore of Gozer from the Book of Aykroydus and the scrolls of Ramisz. I find it hard to believe frankly. Confectionery elementals like the giant of melted sugar described in the tale are unlikely to be found on low magic planes. And giant buildings of steel rising to the sky without magical assistance, just by pure architecture? It stretches credulity"

• Advertisement

"I've seen you with money, gold just passes through you like it was reheated rice. What does it matter if there's a profit there, you'd never hold onto it. But, like, how much you need?
    "I've never been interested in coin. I can always get enough coin to eat, drink, smoke, get a room and some, ahem, comfort, whenever I need it. Yet on occasion an item comes along that requires more than a few silver or copper and a new suit of leather needs a lot. Way more than 5000 gold Danny the Discount elf says.
    Perhaps I'm maturing, becoming more grounded and fiscally aware as I get more adv...ooooh look, daffodils!"

Retula points finger guns at the nudist.
    "Until this morning you were a story to frighten parents, never mind children. This is not the first time you've returned from the dead, and if the books are to believed the sooner we send you back the less overtime I'll have to click up sorting the millions you'll murder this time out.
    Dude, I hit you with a force that would have killed 2 men and made a 3rd **** himself. I know from experience. And yet there you are without a scratch. Don't play the innocent well hung ingenue with me."
    Banjo wrote:
    Retula returns to quizzing the naked guy
    Summoning a robe to cover himself, he responds to Retula.

"I was thinking about what you said earlier. Yes, I have magical talent, so what, I've worked hard and studied hard and I have an inborn gift for the stuff. Doesn't make me evil"

Summoning a robe to cover himself, he responds to Retula.

"I was thinking about what you said earlier. Yes, I have magical talent, so what, I've worked hard and studied hard and I have an inborn gift for the stuff. Doesn't make me evil"

"Exactly! Big Goldie here gets a temporary pass, and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've read about her. The horror! And she remembers all of it. And that was free will, she was ancient when elves were young, she has no peers to push her around.

You... you just had bad role models. But that bad egg is long gone - So, fresh start! Why shouldn't you get a chance to right some wrongs just like the ol' Dwarf Dismantler here, before the tower rips you limb from limb like the rest of us? You are what you do, right? Not what you did, or what armies of corpses did in your name.

That's why they call it the present - because today is a smokin' lady panda waving her hind quarters at you, begging you to fill her with your hot potential. I saw that on a motivational poster back in the 'Fell. I didn't understand it then, but, like, now I see how true it is. Take that lady panda! You have a new life, you can make something from it. All you need is the right hand on the tiller. Here, I got you something."

She throws him the book she took from the Temple of Retula in Bandysia.

"Beats staring at the back of a drow's head for the whole flight."

OOC : Since nobody else seems all that concerned about him and TRQ can't make her mind up about whether I'm supposed to be killing people or not, well.... Long shot here but with Soet gone, he should have a big devotion-shaped hole in his life and there aren't many other offers on the table... :D

That's why they call it the present - because today is a smokin' lady panda waving her hind quarters at you, begging you to fill her with your hot potential. I saw that on a motivational poster back in the 'Fell. I didn't understand it then, but, like, now I see how true it is. Take that lady panda! You have a new life, you can make something from it. All you need is the right hand on the tiller. Here, I got you something."

She throws him the book she took from the Temple of Retula in Bandysia.

"Beats staring at the back of a drow's head for the whole flight."
    "Your a god...who motivates people with Panda sex?"

He begins to flip through the book.

"And you're older than this entire plane? Death god, from...what's this word?"

He points to 'Osinzir'.

"The peoples south of the Zassanite tribes? They've an empire? Really? I don't..."

He keeps flipping.

"Bigger than ours? What? Wait how big is the Kyrtin empire now?"

"Eh.... how can I put this delicately?

Have you ever heard the phrase "It's Kyrtins for you" - they don't mean you're going to have an ever expanding empire that lasts for ten thousand years.

They mean it's over.

The Kyrtin is closed, dude."

She throws an arm around him.
    "Mags, play something consoling. Some Sea-man and Carbuncle maybe?"

Mags is too busy wondering why he didn't take up the position on the city council or as the Guild Leader back in the City of the Gods and why do daffodils clump together in hosts to bother performing.

"Eh.... how can I put this delicately?

Have you ever heard the phrase "It's Kyrtins for you" - they don't mean you're going to have an ever expanding empire that lasts for ten thousand years.

They mean it's over.

The Kyrtin is closed, dude."

She throws an arm around him.
    "Mags, play something consoling. Some Sea-man and Carbuncle maybe?"
    "Thanks for the consolation hug, I have to think things over... "

He heads up onto Citrate and slumps upset between two of her spinal spikes.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I pick up the scroll. “Does this scroll interest you ?”
    “ as I said I was hoping I could borrow the masters armour I am a great fan “
    He leaves to find the Shire's mage.

A grey hooded figure with a stylistic 'F' on his robes follows him into the office and whispers to him about the scrolls worth.

"I'll give you the dragon-breakers for the scroll... the armour...I will also grant you, though it pains me to do it"

He leaves to find the Shire's mage.

A grey hooded figure with a stylistic 'F' on his robes follows him into the office and whispers to him about the scrolls worth.

"I'll give you the dragon-breakers for the scroll... the armour...I will also grant you, though it pains me to do it"

“Why does it pain you so ?”

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Why does it pain you so ?”
    "It's one of the few things I have left from father, but the scroll will do the Shire good"

Advertisement