Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Looking in Retula sees about eight worshippers.

Behind her the door opens and a man in tattered clothes enters.

"Retula worshipper? Two floors up, but wow you're really going all out, I didn't think you guys did the whole emulation thing"

He heads on up the stairs.

Retula follows him up.
    "Retulapalooza, man! There's gonna be music and grilled meats and we're gonna explode so many different races it'll make your face melt! Yeaaaah! So what's your deal? Isn't it kinda hypocritical for the god of the homeless to have, you know, a home? What happened to 'do as I do?'"

She keeps her eyes open for any of that guy who's name I'm not going to spell right twice in the same thread's worshippers taking an interest or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric finds a large enough shop dealing in gems and jewels of all sorts just off the temple main street.
    Iuric enters the shop "Greetings shopkeep, I am here to sell" Iuric puts the 400GP of gold and jewels from the chests revealed by his divine sense and the more valuable looking sapphire necklace on the counter. As the shopkeep is looking over them "Out of curiosity, what would you say the value of this breastplate is?" He taps on the Dwarven jewel encrusted breastplate he's wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula follows him up.
    "Retulapalooza, man! There's gonna be music and grilled meats and we're gonna explode so many different races it'll make your face melt! Yeaaaah! So what's your deal? Isn't it kinda hypocritical for the god of the homeless to have, you know, a home? What happened to 'do as I do?'"
    "Cantaillio isn't homeless, seriously read the second canticle!"
    She keeps her eyes open for any of that guy who's name I'm not going to spell right twice in the same thread's worshippers taking an interest or worse.
    As Retula continues up the stairs, she sees nobody following her.

"Well this is Cantaillio's floor, you're the next one"

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric enters the shop "Greetings shopkeep, I am here to sell" Iuric puts the 400GP of gold and jewels from the chests revealed by his divine sense and the more valuable looking sapphire necklace on the counter. As the shopkeep is looking over them "Out of curiosity, what would you say the value of this breastplate is?" He taps on the Dwarven jewel encrusted breastplate he's wearing.
    "In total that would all come to 1,500 GP, the dwarven breastplate is old enough...probably back to their founding period...being honest you would probably get a better price with them"

OOC: Does the 1500GP include the breastplate?

• Advertisement

"Cantaillio isn't homeless, seriously read the second canticle!"

As Retula continues up the stairs, she sees nobody following her.

"Well this is Cantaillio's floor, you're the next one"

"Thanks dude! Every day is a school day - Hit me up with those carbuncles some time, I will definitely give them a once over, wanna be a good neighbor!"

She waves and heads up stairs

OOC: Does the 1500GP include the breastplate?
    OOC: Yeah, without the breastplate 700GP

Iuric removes the breastplate and places it on the counter "That seems a fair price" he takes the 1500GP "Would you know of a reliable armourer in town?"

"Thanks dude! Every day is a school day - Hit me up with those carbuncles some time, I will definitely give them a once over, wanna be a good neighbor!"

She waves and heads up stairs
    Stepping out from the stairs she sees the next floor is taken up by a shrine to herself.

Three large stylistic drawings of her, one on the back wall and one each on the side walls, frame the room.

The alter is made from bones with a large stuffed effigy of Hetyaro.

Fifteen Osinzirite immigrants pray in front of the altar, offering raven feathers.

A copy of "The Story of Retula" lies on the altar.

Iuric removes the breastplate and places it on the counter "That seems a fair price" he takes the 1500GP "Would you know of a reliable armourer in town?"
    "You want swords, armour, anything adventuerman like of that sort, ye should head to Donnie the Discount Elf's Weaponoporium just off Temple main street"

• Advertisement

"You want swords, armour, anything adventuerman like of that sort, ye should head to Donnie the Discount Elf's Weaponoporium just off Temple main street"
    "My thanks" Iuric nods and leaves for Donnie's. When he gets there and enters and says to the shopkeep "Greetings, Donnie I presume. I am in the market for a suit of plate armour."

"My thanks" Iuric nods and leaves for Donnie's. When he gets there and enters and says to the shopkeep "Greetings, Donnie I presume. I am in the market for a suit of plate armour."
    An elf entering his old age looks up.

"Heh, plate I've got alright boy, just browse over in the armour section"

OOC: Donnie has basically everything in PHB and the supplements with a few exceptions which I'll mention if they come up. His prices are the same as the books'

Stepping out from the stairs she sees the next floor is taken up by a shrine to herself.

Three large stylistic drawings of her, one on the back wall and one each on the side walls, frame the room.

The alter is made from bones with a large stuffed effigy of Hetyaro.

Fifteen Osinzirite immigrants pray in front of the altar, offering raven feathers.

A copy of "The Story of Retula" lies on the altar.

She checks the floor for exits - specifically stairs up and down, balconies, windows- then approaches the altar, checking out the pictures (what is she doing and where?) and the Effigy

"Wow, that thing is pretty much life size. Wait...

**H... You still alive and uh... Not taxidermised? This whole building seems reeeeeally anti-corvid!**

Retula pauses to look at the fourth wall.
    "Don't try to tell me you wouldn't!"
    She picks up the book and skims for highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric does his practice workout after returning from the bank, now with the odd little cantrip thrown in. No doubt about it, fighting all those spidermen, their multilimbed attacks, their numbers, he's faster than before. More precise. Not just his physical attacks, but his ki reserves. He brings his ki into his finger tips and embeds them in the wall. If he focuses his ki like this, he could disrupt his opponent's.

OOC: Level 5

Sarric goes of in search of an avdventurers store, somewhere to pick up a new rope, hammer and a few pitons.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric goes of in search of an avdventurers store, somewhere to pick up a new rope, hammer and a few pitons.
    Virtually everybody directs him to Donnie's, where he sees Iuric browsing the armour section.

"Hello Donnie. I'm looking for a few simple items, a light rope, a few pitons, rations for 10 days, a hammer, and some personal contraption so i can flap my arms and fly.
    Thanks."

An elf entering his old age looks up.

"Heh, plate I've got alright boy, just browse over in the armour section"

OOC: Donnie has basically everything in PHB and the supplements with a few exceptions which I'll mention if they come up. His prices are the same as the books'
    Iuric browses the armour section until he finds a slightly intimidating looking blued suit of plate. He points it out to Donnie, "That one would be ideal, however I require some engraving be done on breastplate. IS that a service you can provide?"

She checks the floor for exits - specifically stairs up and down, balconies, windows- then approaches the altar, checking out the pictures (what is she doing and where?) and the Effigy
    Besides the stairs, there is a window on the back wall. The pictures depict in idalised scenarios. Holding skulls, flying on Hetyaro and forming an Eldritch blast.

The effigy of Hetyaro depicts him as much more agressive looking than in reality. Large teeth and a foot claw, close to a massive raptor.
    Retula pauses to look at the fourth wall.
    "Don't try to tell me you wouldn't!"
    She picks up the book and skims for highlights.
    The fourth wall is bare.

As she takes the book those present shout "RETULA?!!"

Iuric browses the armour section until he finds a slightly intimidating looking blued suit of plate. He points it out to Donnie, "That one would be ideal, however I require some engraving be done on breastplate. IS that a service you can provide?"
    "Yes, an additional 150GP"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash waits for Wade to catch him up.

'Hire a thief? Interesting. Maybe there's a way we could breach the walls to cause a distraction. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.'

Vrakrash heads for the tree the barkeep told him about.

• Advertisement

"Hello Donnie. I'm looking for a few simple items, a light rope, a few pitons, rations for 10 days, a hammer, and some personal contraption so i can flap my arms and fly.
    Thanks."
    "Hempen or Silk rope?"

"Hempen or Silk rope?"

"Lighter is preferrable, but not if it makes it a weaker product."

As she takes the book those present shout "RETULA?!!"

"WHERE??!

Oh yeah. Sorry, you gave me a fright. Hey, hi, what brings you to Bandysia? More to the point, what brings me here?"

She continues thumbing through the book.

"WHERE??!

Oh yeah. Sorry, you gave me a fright. Hey, hi, what brings you to Bandysia? More to the point, what brings me here?"

She continues thumbing through the book.
    The book has Retula crudely inserted into the Osinzir creation myth. Some time after the creation of the Osinzir jungles by the God's and the arrival of the first Osinzir couple as refugees from the empire that preceded Zassan to the North, the Gods petition the "Distant Dwelling Death" for an experienced God of Death to aide them in building up the afterlife.

Stranger still is that Retula is beginning to remember these events a bit.

Iuric proceeds to sketch out the symbol he wants on the breastplate, a downward pointing sword with skeletal wings coming out of it from the crossguard, and will buy a dungeoneer's pack while he's at it.

OOC: Is that 1662GP in total?

"We moved here a few years ago on the temple construction projects and well...we noticed that previous Oszinir people had never set up a temple for you, so we pooled our money to buy this....do you like it?"

Iuric proceeds to sketch out the symbol he wants on the breastplate, a downward pointing sword with skeletal wings coming out of it from the crossguard, and will buy a dungeoneer's pack while he's at it.

OOC: Is that 1662GP in total?
    OOC: Yeah

Donnie nods and smiles at the design.

"Recently in possession of some mythic sword then? I know the type. Two hours and ye'll have yer armour"

"Lighter is preferrable, but not if it makes it a weaker product."
    He looks Sarric in the eye.

"Wait a high elf, haven't seen one of you in ninety years, what's making you grace the physical world with your presence?

Oh...11GP...but the flying device, that'll cost ye...plenty of coin, 100GP?"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash waits for Wade to catch him up.

'Hire a thief? Interesting. Maybe there's a way we could breach the walls to cause a distraction. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.'

Vrakrash heads for the tree the barkeep told him about.
    The bark retracts and a portal opens up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks at Wade.

'You coming? Just want to top up my spells - then we'll go find a thief for our plans.'

He steps through the portal.

Advertisement