Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Yeah

Donnie nods and smiles at the design.

"Recently in possession of some mythic sword then? I know the type. Two hours and ye'll have yer armour"
    "Indeed" Iuric hands over the gold and finds a chair to check his new pack and wait the two hours in. He acknowledges Sarric with a nod if he sees him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks at Wade.

'You coming? Just want to top up my spells - then we'll go find a thief for our plans.'

He steps through the portal.
    In a flash he is lifted out of the current plane and into a small demiplane. He appears in a shop, eight stories high, ringed balcony upon ringed balcony.

The walls bend, exposing a gap into a starlit garden of moving plants singing thin sounding bell like music. A magician in the stereotypical hat and robe floats out from the garden and lands in front of him.

"Vrakrash, eight of Citra's 23rd litter, you are here for spells in rote learning form are you not? Browse my shop, for it contains all that is fantastic.

Spells of resurrection, time, space.
    Familiars undreamt of.
    Knowledge lost or forbidden.

The only question is price."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"We moved here a few years ago on the temple construction projects and well...we noticed that previous Oszinir people had never set up a temple for you, so we pooled our money to buy this....do you like it?"

"I *love* it. You got bones, feathers, wicked cool graphics - it's like you read my mind! Thank you so much! This can't have been cheap - since I'm in town anyway, is there anything I can do for you guys? A boon, perchance?"

She eyeballs the feathers in case there's enough to make a cloak out of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He looks Sarric in the eye.

"Wait a high elf, haven't seen one of you in ninety years, what's making you grace the physical world with your presence?

Oh...11GP...but the flying device, that'll cost ye...plenty of coin, 100GP?"

"I'm doing a spot of adventuring to pay for a temple I am restoring in the temple district, it'll be be dreamy when its finished, been commisioned by the god of dreams, you should pop by when its finished, tell your friends, be plenty of litrature too when its finished.

100gp for the fliying contraption, fine, i have to have one of them."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks at the magician.

'Price... hmmm...'

He reaches into his pack and first takes out the four ornate swords from the underwater temple.

'I was wondering if these would cover some cost. They are mostly useless to me. And then there's the knowledge I seek. I have... this.'

He takes out the colossal gem and puts it on the counter.

'I seem to be having problems offloading this. I found it in the same place as the swords, but no one seems to be interested in purchasing it. I wonder if you could tell me anything about it? It seems... magical. And then one of my party tells me of a possible twin, south of Zassan.

I also have suspicions of a similar type of gem powering the red moon in Dhurn Dharal....'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Evade wrote: »
    "Indeed" Iuric hands over the gold and finds a chair to check his new pack and wait the two hours in. He acknowledges Sarric with a nod if he sees him.

"Hello there Iuric, hope you had a plesant night. Fancy new armour, won't you look dashing for the ladies."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello there Iuric, hope you had a plesant night. Fancy new armour, won't you look dashing for the ladies."
    Iuric smiles "Indeed, the protection from blades and arrows is but an added bonus."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Vrakrash looks at Wade.

'You coming? Just want to top up my spells - then we'll go find a thief for our plans.'

He steps through the portal.

“Yeah ok “ follows

OldGoat wrote: »
    He heads out to talk with the local bard guild, catch up on news, learn of any jobs that might be going and hand out Festival flyers.

He also checks out the local armorers in the hopes of improving his musical leather.
    "Ya see, the problem is that over time the leather loses tension and the tone changes. I need a way to keep a crisp shell on the exterior but light and supple beneath. Any ideas?"
    As usual he's met with blank stares from tradesmen more accustomed to shodding ploughorses then crafting fine instruments.
    The local Bard's guild is a snuuty enough place, decades of Bards meeting and theorising in the hundreds has led to some strange music. One member shows him the latest fad, the music of soil, made from banging fists of dirt together. Though he is shown many new kinds of music there is none of greater potency than his own, it just depends on the Bard playing it. He learns the one of the temples is overdue a rite to keep the demons of their religion sealed and is looking for Bards to conduct it.

Later the tradesmen, after staring at him, suggest Donnie's shop at the Temple District.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags enjoys the clod thumping. It's primal and visceral and that will always tug on the heartstrings of a half orc. He expounds on his own visions of Dyass music with it's complicated projected syncopated rhythms but his visions go over the heads of the other bards.
    "I guess you guys are't ready for that yet... but your kids are going to love it."

He decides that he'll undertake the performance at the temple and asks if any of the others would like to join him.

Before searching for the temple he goes to go to see if the Discount store has anything that will match his perfectionist ideals in tuned armour.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Before searching for the temple he goes to go to see if the Discount store has anything that will match his perfectionist ideals in tuned armour.
    Donnie listens to Mags's ideals and nods.

"Yes...yes...to be honest Sir, you are really looking for something in our elite range"

He takes Mags to a door at the back of the store and unlocks it.

Within is a set of glass cases with a spell preventing one from looking within them. Donnie halts the spell on two of the cases.

"This my friend is a set of bardic armour crafted by Alundin the Elf, it's naturally attuned to the spheres itself..." this is no lie as Mags can hear that for himself, the armour sings in a way only a Bard can hear "...it will enhance your music. Only 1300GP"

He walks over to the other, made of fine red crystal, this time the music so overpowering many a Bard would be moved to tears.

"Now this, a high elf crafted this one, very rare and yes that is Mithril edges on the links. Doesn't help to protect you, but allows even greater attunement to the spheres. Yours for 5000GP and yes the word you are looking for is 'a steal', it's almost immoral for you to take it from me at this price"

He leans in closer.

"Of course for even more coin there is the..." he pauses for dramatic effect "...Master Range"

OOC: Both sets of armour are the same as leather AC-wise, but the first gives +1 to spellcasting rolls and the second +2

He takes out the colossal gem and puts it on the counter.

'I seem to be having problems offloading this. I found it in the same place as the swords, but no one seems to be interested in purchasing it. I wonder if you could tell me anything about it? It seems... magical. And then one of my party tells me of a possible twin, south of Zassan.

I also have suspicions of a similar type of gem powering the red moon in Dhurn Dharal....'
    Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Yeah ok “ follows
    Carrador nods as Wade comes in.

"It is not the twin of the one in the Desert, but possessing either would be of great interest to any wizard. The one in the desert I have tried to get my hands on, but an ancient pact prevents me from doing so.

This gem is heavy with the magic of an extinct branch of elves. They had learned how to forge stellar elementals. Considering this is a lost art having this in my possession would be worth a lot. It could get you an item on the second highest floor.

Tell me what you want and we might come to a deal"

Carrador then looks around.

"I know you wanted a thief, I could toss that in for free...I know I have one around here somewhere...frightful thing, somebody sold her to me years ago, found her out up the mountains, one moment..."

He grabs a small box and opens it, a puff of smoke erupting as a form takes shape...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin emerges from the box gracefully and looks around in wonder. She absentmindedly rubs her neck.
    'Where am I? What is happening? And WHO are these people?'

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin emerges from the box gracefully and looks around in wonder. She absentmindedly rubs her neck.
    'Where am I? What is happening? And WHO are these people?'
    "This is the future Elin, you've been out once before, but I wiped your memories. Feeling better? Still having visions?"

He turns to the others.

"I managed to resurrect her, but the process hasn't taken yet. My vat grown body is a match for her original, but ghost binding is a difficult process"

"This is the future Elin, you've been out once before, but I wiped your memories. Feeling better? Still having visions?"

He turns to the others.

"I managed to resurrect her, but the process hasn't taken yet. My vat grown body is a match for her original, but ghost binding is a difficult process"

"The future? Looks much the same to me." She eyes Vrakrash closely. "This one looks familiar. Where are my weapons? I have business to attend to and scores to settle.................I...........I think."

She tries to grab a dagger but her hand passes through it. "What have you done to me?"

"The future? Looks much the same to me." She eyes Vrakrash closely. "This one looks familiar. Where are my weapons? I have business to attend to and scores to settle.................I...........I think."

She tries to grab a dagger but her hand passes through it. "What have you done to me?"
    "You're still a ghost, you haven't accepted your new body. I'm tweaking it as we speak. And no point settling scores of any kind, the evil of the mountain is long gone""

"Oh, who are these people then? Why have you woken me?"

"Oh, who are these people then? Why have you woken me?"
    "A dragon and a drown elf, they want to rob an artefact from a highly fortified temple.

In my studies of you I saw you had great potential, so I thought why not give you another shot at things"

Donnie listens to Mags's ideals and nods.

"Yes...yes...to be honest Sir, you are really looking for something in our elite range"

He takes Mags to a door at the back of the store and unlocks it.

Within is a set of glass cases with a spell preventing one from looking within them. Donnie halts the spell on two of the cases.

"This my friend is a set of bardic armour crafted by Alundin the Elf, it's naturally attuned to the spheres itself..." this is no lie as Mags can hear that for himself, the armour sings in a way only a Bard can hear "...it will enhance your music. Only 1300GP"

He walks over to the other, made of fine red crystal, this time the music so overpowering many a Bard would be moved to tears.

"Now this, a high elf crafted this one, very rare and yes that is Mithril edges on the links. Doesn't help to protect you, but allows even greater attunement to the spheres. Yours for 5000GP and yes the word you are looking for is 'a steal', it's almost immoral for you to take it from me at this price"

He leans in closer.

"Of course for even more coin there is the..." he pauses for dramatic effect "...Master Range"

OOC: Both sets of armour are the same as leather AC-wise, but the first gives +1 to spellcasting rolls and the second +2
    Mags pats his pockets, looks a bit sheepish as he pulls out some coin, snacks and some small pebbles.
    "Errm, I'd like the cheapest one please. When I get more cash I'll have the red one. will you get it widened a bit across the shoulders for me, those elves are a bit skinny.
    While I'm here, got a rapier any better then this one?"
    Mags proffers his tired old sword for examination.

• Advertisement

"A dragon and a drown elf, they want to rob an artefact from a highly fortified temple.

In my studies of you I saw you had great potential, so I thought why not give you another shot at things"

"How can I be of use if I can't even pick up a dagger?" as a demonstration, she tries to slap Carrador on the face but her hand passes through him. She looks smug.

"How can I be of use if I can't even pick up a dagger?" as a demonstration, she tries to slap Carrador on the face but her hand passes through him. She looks smug.
    "Alright, that's enough"

He opens the box and she begins to be sucked back in, but before she is she shouts something...

Mags pats his pockets, looks a bit sheepish as he pulls out some coin, snacks and some small pebbles.
    "Errm, I'd like the cheapest one please. When I get more cash I'll have the red one. will you get it widened a bit across the shoulders for me, those elves are a bit skinny.
    While I'm here, got a rapier any better then this one?"
    Mags proffers his tired old sword for examination.
    "How much are you willing to spend?"

"Alright, that's enough"

He opens the box and she begins to be sucked back in, but before she is she shouts something...

"No! NO! Don't put me back in there! I haven't told them about the Grey man yet! It's important!"

"How much are you willing to spend?"
    "100 gold and as a bonus, this fine example of craftsmanship, tested and unfailing in battle, preloved and still in it's original scabbard."

"No! NO! Don't put me back in there! I haven't told them about the Grey man yet! It's important!"
    He whispers something into the box after she is sucked in.

"Sorry about that, I thought she was ready. She has strange visions or memories. I can't tell yet, but they're inaccurate I'm sure, don't concern yourself with any Grey man or the like..."

He glances around.

"...anyway as I was saying, what would you like?"

"100 gold and as a bonus, this fine example of craftsmanship, tested and unfailing in battle, preloved and still in it's original scabbard."
    "Well I have this mastercrafted one out in the main store, I can give it to you...though it is cursed...I trade in a lot of cursed objects, nothing personal"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    "Sorry about that, I thought she was ready. She has strange visions or memories. I can't tell yet, but they're inaccurate I'm sure, don't concern yourself with any Grey man or the like..."

'Gray man? Are you not Gray? What did she mean?'

Vrakrash looks around bewildered.

'We are in need for a thief though, she seems like having a skillset we could use.

As for fees for the gem I possess, I think we can strike a deal but what wares are you willing to trade? Is the box or the thief within up for negotiation?

I also find myself in dire need of travelling coin so if the wares you offer did not meet my valuation would you be willing to supplement it with a few?'

"Well I have this mastercrafted one out in the main store, I can give it to you...though it is cursed...I trade in a lot of cursed objects, nothing personal"

"I've seen cursed things before." Mags scowls a little, letting his expression darken to bring out the blue flush of his skin. He very quickly flicks his hands to tentacles and back again.
    "Explain this curse to me, I'm looking to save my life not imperil it. What benefits and what risk does this sword carry?"

• Advertisement

"I've seen cursed things before." Mags scowls a little, letting his expression darken to bring out the blue flush of his skin. He very quickly flicks his hands to tentacles and back again.
    "Explain this curse to me, I'm looking to save my life not imperil it. What benefits and what risk does this sword carry?"
    Well, it is of excellent craftsman ship (OOC: +1 to hit), but the previous owner was cursed to battle the undead.

OOC: In an attack on the group any undead will go for you first.

Advertisement