Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC : How does that work with "friendly" undead? Are you going to make us find that out the hard way / hilarious way (delete as applicable depending on whether you are or are not Mags)
    Not that I'm planning as far ahead as Level 14... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : How does that work with "friendly" undead? Are you going to make us find that out the hard way / hilarious way (delete as applicable depending on whether you are or are not Mags)
    Not that I'm planning as far ahead as Level 14... ;)
    OOC: Friendly undead won't attack him, unless the controller wants them to.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Gray man? Are you not Gray? What did she mean?'
    "Nothing I'm sure"
    Vrakrash looks around bewildered.

'We are in need for a thief though, she seems like having a skillset we could use.

As for fees for the gem I possess, I think we can strike a deal but what wares are you willing to trade? Is the box or the thief within up for negotiation?

I also find myself in dire need of travelling coin so if the wares you offer did not meet my valuation would you be willing to supplement it with a few?'
    "Well I have several possible items of interest, with that gem you can afford some of my better stuff.

What are you looking for, familiars, powerful scrolls magical items.

For example I have a scroll of total resurrection, a scroll of fire immunity, time clone, maze and many more powerful spells"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'So... not the box? What will happen the thief?'

Vrakrash thinks for a while.

'Total resurrection... can you explain that to me? I have...'

He rummages in his pack and shows the wizard his resurrection scroll.

'This. I traded it with an arachnid for other gems. What is the difference? It would take something extremely special to make me part with this gem to be completely honest.'

He eyes the box again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Well, it is of excellent craftsman ship (OOC: +1 to hit), but the previous owner was cursed to battle the undead.

OOC: In an attack on the group any undead will go for you first.
    "I'll take it. It will suffice till I find better."
    Mags pays, collects his new equipment and returns to his room to dress and pack his rucksack for adventure.
    And have a snack.
    And lunch.
    And a quick nap.
    Refreshed he heads out out to find the temple that the bards have a contract with.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

'So... not the box? What will happen the thief?'
    "I want her perfected for my own reasons before I unleash her"
    'Total resurrection... can you explain that to me? I have...'

He rummages in his pack and shows the wizard his resurrection scroll.

'This. I traded it with an arachnid for other gems. What is the difference? It would take something extremely special to make me part with this gem to be completely honest.'

He eyes the box again.
    "Total resurrection can revive any amount of people within a ten foot radius, not just one person"

"I *love* it. You got bones, feathers, wicked cool graphics - it's like you read my mind! Thank you so much! This can't have been cheap - since I'm in town anyway, is there anything I can do for you guys? A boon, perchance?"

She eyeballs the feathers in case there's enough to make a cloak out of
    There isn't enough feathers on the cloak.

"We wouldn't dare ask for..."

An old woman interrupts

"Which afterlife is my husband in? A hell or a heaven?"

OOC: It's the 12th heaven, which Retula simply knows. In areas where her godhood applies she knows literally everything about any Osinzirite who has died.

OldGoat wrote: »
    "I'll take it. It will suffice till I find better."
    Mags pays, collects his new equipment and returns to his room to dress and pack his rucksack for adventure.
    And have a snack.
    And lunch.
    And a quick nap.
    Refreshed he heads out out to find the temple that the bards have a contract with.
    He arrives at the Temple, the guards ask him to perform a quick test of guessing the tone of an ancient bell to see if he is a Bard. He is then led inside to meet a small frog like being.

"Hello there, I am the master of this temple, you are here for the cleansing rite?"

"I want her perfected for my own reasons before I unleash her"

"Total resurrection can revive any amount of people within a ten foot radius, not just one person"

Vrakrash sighs.

'Ok. Forget the box.'

He looks at the scroll.

'Whatever about... people. How would this work with a... dragon?'

Vrakrash sighs.

'Ok. Forget the box.'

He looks at the scroll.

'Whatever about... people. How would this work with a... dragon?'
    "You want the box? A simple box of trapping, yours if you wish, the gem more than covers it...a dragon? I won't ask. Any living being up to a point, won't revive gods, but a dragon yes"

• Advertisement

"You want the box? A simple box of trapping, yours if you wish, the gem more than covers it...a dragon? I won't ask. Any living being up to a point, won't revive gods, but a dragon yes"

Vrakrash nods.

'I'll take the box and the scroll... and one final request. I wish to learn some more magic. I feel I can house another spell within my mind. And I think I know just the one...'

Vrakrash browses the spells on this level and eventually picks one out.

'This one... Snare, I believe it is called. You can have the gem for the box, the total resurrection scroll and this spell. Deal?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

“A scroll of resurrection? Is that back to life normalnand you’d never know the person was dead ? A ten foot radius, does that mean any amount of people we can fit in that semi sphere? And how dead do they have to be ? Is it only mostlyvdesd like Miricle Max can do or is it fully dead ?”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “A scroll of resurrection? Is that back to life normalnand you’d never know the person was dead ? A ten foot radius, does that mean any amount of people we can fit in that semi sphere? And how dead do they have to be ? Is it only mostlyvdesd like Miricle Max can do or is it fully dead ?”
    "If you're not dead, it heals you, quite convenient and yes anybody in the hemisphere, that's its true power. Along with the lack of ill effects as you mentioned"

Vrakrash nods.

'I'll take the box and the scroll... and one final request. I wish to learn some more magic. I feel I can house another spell within my mind. And I think I know just the one...'

Vrakrash browses the spells on this level and eventually picks one out.

'This one... Snare, I believe it is called. You can have the gem for the box, the total resurrection scroll and this spell. Deal?'
    "Deal..."

He clicks his fingers and alters time slightly so that Vrakrash had spent the last few hours learning the custom made spell and burning it into his mind

"...quite profitable for us both"

There isn't enough feathers on the cloak.

"We wouldn't dare ask for..."

An old woman interrupts

"Which afterlife is my husband in? A hell or a heaven?"

OOC: It's the 12th heaven, which Retula simply knows. In areas where her godhood applies she knows literally everything about any Osinzirite who has died.

"If I say 'heaven' are you gonna ask me to move him down? Cause as funny as that would be, that's not really how it works, we can't upend the system... I've seen what happens when people try. It's pretty cool but not if you're on the receiving end.

Ok peeps, it's really late - I appreciate you setting this place up and putting the hours in, your prayers have been heard. Feel free to go home. I'm gonna meditate in the corner if anyone wants to join me."

4hrs long rest, plus 4hrs worth of the following, depending on what's feasible
    Ritual : identify - the crystal skull (11 mins)
    Copy ritual "comprehend languages" from Jeremy's spellbook. (1-2hrs, Jeremy not around but have some experience with cypher)
    Read the remaining 2 vivimantic scrolls and tome which were beyond her understanding at L3.
    Check that first one with instructions for a basic vat, work up a shopping list.
    Chat to whomevers around in the morning about where to shop and what they do, see if anyone is interested in a road trip.

Fourier wrote:
    "...quite profitable for us both"

'Indeed. Thank you. One last question, totally unrelated to our transactions of course.'

Vrakrash shuffles awkwardly.

'Where do the bones of my ancestor mother lie? I wish to pay them... due respect during my time here'

'Indeed. Thank you. One last question, totally unrelated to our transactions of course.'

Vrakrash shuffles awkwardly.

'Where do the bones of my ancestor mother lie? I wish to pay them... due respect during my time here'
    "Citra? They lie entombed in the old temple of the unnameable one, well that's what the locals say, Soet if you don't believe saying his name gives him power. It's a museum now.

I can guess at your next action, so your father's bones no longer exist, he isn't even dead. Though he is not on this plane, you know who he is I assume?"

"Citra? They lie entombed in the old temple of the unnameable one, well that's what the locals say, Soet if you don't believe saying his name gives him power. It's a museum now.

I can guess at your next action, so your father's bones no longer exist, he isn't even dead. Though he is not on this plane, you know who he is I assume?"

'I heard rumours, but never the truth. I suppose now is the time to find these things out. I want it confirmed by her though. That is why this is my plan. Tell me where this museum is. In the city I presume?'

'I heard rumours, but never the truth. I suppose now is the time to find these things out. I want it confirmed by her though. That is why this is my plan. Tell me where this museum is. In the city I presume?'

Ooc : deleted my previous post then couldn't access thread. In case I broke it, posting this to set the world to rights

"Top of the temple district, it's the only non-Temple there"

• Advertisement

Vrakrash thanks the wizard.

He turns to Wade.

'I shall set off immediately. I think... if this works - I might have found us a way into the temple for this priest's mission. I need to go to this non-temple first though. I have questions only one person in the world can answer truthfully. I would like you to come with me, but I understand if you have other things you wish to do.'

Vrakrash exits through the portal back to the city and takes off at speed towards the temple district, searching for the non-temple when he gets there.

"If I say 'heaven' are you gonna ask me to move him down? Cause as funny as that would be, that's not really how it works, we can't upend the system... I've seen what happens when people try. It's pretty cool but not if you're on the receiving end.
    "No just wondering which level, either of heaven or hell, we were a well to do family, so not one of the lower ones I hope"

OOC: It's high
    Ok peeps, it's really late - I appreciate you setting this place up and putting the hours in, your prayers have been heard. Feel free to go home. I'm gonna meditate in the corner if anyone wants to join me."
    "We shan't disturb you Lord Retula"

They leave quietly, walking backwards bowing"
    4hrs long rest, plus 4hrs worth of the following, depending on what's feasible
    Ritual : identify - the crystal skull (11 mins)
    Copy ritual "comprehend languages" from Jeremy's spellbook. (1-2hrs, Jeremy not around but have some experience with cypher)
    Read the remaining 2 vivimantic scrolls and tome which were beyond her understanding at L3.
    Check that first one with instructions for a basic vat, work up a shopping list.
    Chat to whomevers around in the morning about where to shop and what they do, see if anyone is interested in a road trip.
    The crystal skull is the skull of a psyker, stranded millennia ago from Athas, reworked as a device to grant psychic abilities. They persist as long as the skull is intact.

The vivimantic scrolls are both rituals. The first enhances any undead to posses projectile acid vomit. The second allows the creation of a melter blob, a goo of basteria that when stepped on eat flesh.

Working hard through the night she transcribes Jeremy's rituals.

In the morning the town locals inform her it is Donnie's for adventuring gear and Carrador's for familiars.

Karinth pops into Carrador's shop and places a hand on Wade.

"Wade, so this is where you and the dragon have gone to, where is he off to at such speed?"

Evade wrote: »
    "Indeed" Iuric hands over the gold and finds a chair to check his new pack and wait the two hours in. He acknowledges Sarric with a nod if he sees him.
    Donnie comes out with his armour.

"Here you go son, no better plate will ye find, oh and I carved this"

It's a little windup spinning water wheel.

"If it doesn't offend of course"

Retula pops to Carrador's, alas without retinue.

Retula pops to Carrador's, alas without retinue.
    Carrador floats up to greet her as she enters on a different floor from Wade and Karinth.

"Retula, 37th Sigilite of the Raven Queen with an above average stability on her pact and lower god of the dead in Osinzir, for the last 1,800 years objectively, for only a few days subjectively, what can I do for you?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Donnie comes out with his armour.

"Here you go son, no better plate will ye find, oh and I carved this"

It's a little windup spinning water wheel.

"If it doesn't offend of course"
    Iuric looks at the wheel almost guiltliy "That... that's most kind however I fear it will break on my adventures. Perhaps it is best if you hold onto it."

Iuric finds a changing area or somewhere quiet in the shop to change into his new armour and goes back up to Donnie and places a bundle on the counter. "If you would be so kind as to dispose of these for me, if they are of any any value feel free to sell them." Iuric doesn't wait for an answer, turns and leaves in search of the rest of the party nodding to Sarric again if he's still there.

During his search for the others Iuric tries to determine if this new symbol will suffice to channel his magic.

OOC: The bundle contained Iuric's old armour with the holy symbol, censer, holy vestments, alms box, candles, and the greatsword that did the unpleasant deed.

"Ha! that is a question you might be better placed to answer than I, given you know more about me than I do and I know nothing of you. But... I'm a simple gal with simple tastes and modest means. My last familiar, he... Well he was a rare beast who ended up well done. I've tried to replace him but I'm about as popular as herpes in a swimsuit shop. So I'm looking to suborn something exotic for cash.

While I'm here, I have some junk to offload "
    She slaps out :
    Crystal skull that grants psychic powers or explodes your head
    Blue robe that refuses to submit to Identify
    Tardins vibrator
    Wand of Demiplanes, which she's not going to sell but wants to see if it still exists and feels like it'll function. If yes : "oh and I have something special but it may be a little .. uh ... dangerous."

Evade wrote: »
    During his search for the others Iuric tries to determine if this new symbol will suffice to channel his magic.
    A small flicker of the Light Cantrip and it seems it does. It isn't Mesharum he feels however. Is he hiding his presence, or does his power have a new source? He cannot yet determine.

• Advertisement

While I'm here, I have some junk to offload "
    She slaps out :
    Crystal skull that grants psychic powers or explodes your head
    Blue robe that refuses to submit to Identify
    Tardins vibrator
    Wand of Demiplanes, which she's not going to sell but wants to see if it still exists and feels like it'll function. If yes : "oh and I have something special but it may be a little .. uh ... dangerous."
    "Quite a collection...the Blue Robes..."

He touches them

"An original...impossible, this will get you quite the familiar. That wand of Demiplanes looks unstable I'd be careful, ever go to the demiplane it creates?"

Advertisement