Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    **Hahahaha. Me hurt her? I keep telling you, you need to read more. Do you know what happens to her if I don't send her back before Vergedain notices? Ask her.**

**It matters not. Vergadain, Bandylegs, the whole bloody dwarven empire can come for her - they will not succeed as long as I breathe**

He turns to Citra.

'What happens if she doesn't send you back, Mother?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"We both know that's not true. Dwarf killer to dwarfkiller, We both know I can't stop you if you don't let me. And we both know who's coming for you the second you take me out. Land, talk to your son, then go back to sleep, Cóllhug. It is the only way this ends well for you."
    Citra makes a low rumbling sound in her throat, the skin glowing from the heat.

"Alright little Raven. Follow me past the Blight Mountains, to Ursula's tower, we can speak there"

She looks skyward.

"I promise I won't touch their city, let me reach their at least"

Necrominus wrote: »
    **It matters not. Vergadain, Bandylegs, the whole bloody dwarven empire can come for her - they will not succeed as long as I breathe**

He turns to Citra.

'What happens if she doesn't send you back, Mother?'
    "I go back to where I was headed before I was mercifully killed"

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric gets on Jeremy and smiles a the absurd situation. "I once heard of a goblin tribe that fights like this"

OOC: Batiri from Chult. Four goblins stacked on top of each other like a totem pole
    "That's the spirit" Karinth laughs "Will you aide us in defending the city or go for Mags?"

"Headed? What? Why? Where were you headed?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

sKeith wrote: »
    "we should help the city, unless it is pointless. This city is the home of my temple, so, I must try."
    "I will defend the city with you. It is, after all, where..." Iuric thinks for a second "what were their names?" and then resumes "Where the two blonde women from the tavern reside"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

**H, she can't escape no matter what. Do I pursue or go back and get the rest of the targets? She's just one. She'll come find us before he finds her. Probably. Or I'm bluffing and we're both dead. Either way, what's the bosses call? **

** Wait, why did we never test whether or not my head friend can hear us when we do this? ****! **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I will defend the city with you. It is, after all, where..." Iuric thinks for a second "what were their names?" and then resumes "Where the two blonde women from the tavern reside"

"Thank you Palidin, my God will repray your kindness with many glourious dreams of blondes, brunettes and whatever colour hair women you want."

"Thank you Palidin, my God will repray your kindness with many glourious dreams of blondes, brunettes and whatever colour hair women you want."
    Iuric winces slightly when Sarric says Paladin "I am not familiar with Dwarf gods beyond what we experienced in Dhurn Dharal, is... is the nudity normal?" Iuric gestures back toward his new ward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: I rolled the advantage dice

The tune simply proves too much, as the well begins to shake violently the priest hops frantically toward the door, but finds it locked magically.

The well bursts open and dozens of red toads with flaming eyes burst out. One of them, taller than the others, speaks.

"Released at last brethern. Bard for failing to trap us and thus releasing us, we grant you the honour of being killed last. Our brutal Natterjacks of incommensurate rage will rend you only after the streets run with the blood of thousands..."

It turns to the elderly priest.

"You Jopik deserve a death suiting of what you have put us through"

The priest is grabbed by five of the toads, limbs pulled off, they then begin to feast on his stomach.

"With my dying breath I curse you Mags....bbbrrrlllggghhh" the remainder of the sentence inaudible as he is torn apart.

The toads then blow open the doors of the room and pour into the streets.
    "Ooops".

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OOC: Is the flow of toads still coming from the well?

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: Is the flow of toads still coming from the well?
    Mags looks around, the last of them have seem to have poured out by now.

Mags points at a departing toad and cantrips True Strike.
    "Tell me your weaknesses. Are you the same as the other?"

As the information flows back Mags looks once again at the pictures on the walls and in particular at the image of the great green amphibian and wondering if he can find one or two of those to help mop up the red tide.

He leaves the temple and starts searching for the tallest toad.

Mags points at a departing toad and cantrips True Strike.
    "Tell me your weaknesses. Are you the same as the other?"

As the information flows back Mags looks once again at the pictures on the walls and in particular at the image of the great green amphibian and wondering if he can find one or two of those to help mop up the red tide.

He leaves the temple and starts searching for the tallest toad.
    "Yes I am like the others..." He says, dazed and entranced by the tone of Mags's voice "...we have weak limbs, strike our legs"

Mags heads out of the temple and sees Sarric, Iuric, Karinth and a jumbo sized nude dwarf with the toads closing in on them. The tall one is at the back of the group encircling them.

Waving arms and dancing on the spot, shouting as loudly as he can to get the attention of the gang Mags mimes "Take 'em out at the knees".
    He then moves towards the leader, from behind, as stealthily as a half orc can stealth.

• Advertisement

Waving arms and dancing on the spot, shouting as loudly as he can to get the attention of the gang Mags mimes "Take 'em out at the knees".
    He then moves towards the leader, from behind, as stealthily as a half orc can stealth.
    OOC: DEX(Stealth check)
    This will get you as close to him as possible, there are simply too many toads for you to reach him without any noticing you

OOC: DEX(Stealth check)
    This will get you as close to him as possible, there are simply too many toads for you to reach him without any noticing you
    OOC: Rolz:16 for stealth.

Iuric winces slightly when Sarric says Paladin "I am not familiar with Dwarf gods beyond what we experienced in Dhurn Dharal, is... is the nudity normal?" Iuric gestures back toward his new ward.

"I think the God i serve would look truly ridicolous in clothes, or not, i never imaginged why he would want to wear clothes. I know when i want to swim across a river, i'll undress, put the clothes in my pack, and try hard to keep the pack above water while i thread across, then when on the other side, i'll dry up and reclothe. I also bathe naked. So imagining my god, who lives in water, clothed, just didn't occur to me.

I'm sure this dwarf god don't feel the cold or other such reasons that we wear clothes, so why bother with the unnessesary, especially, as a God?"

OOC: Rolz:16 for stealth.
    Mags manages to sneak his way through a small butcher shop, all the way up to the window, from which he can see the Rage Toads brutally ripping apart some peasants in the street outside.

He ducks beneath the window as the legless torso of a guard is thrown in.

Peeking out, there are seven toads between him and the big one. It stands back turned across the street from the butcher shop, directing the smaller toads to pull apart one of the temples. They are apparently looking for something.

Deciding the odds are two high for any attempted assassination attempt Mags bursts out of the shop calling to the leader.
    "Wait, wait, I think I can help you. The thing you are searching for, I saw some giant green frogs and they wer gloating. That's funny I thought to myself as I watched them, why are they so happy. It's not like they are brave and famed warriors like the red toads of legend. I'm guessing that they think they have outsmarted you but we know better. No-one outsmarts the magnificent Red Toads.
    I can help you get to the green frogs." Mags spits at the name. "There must be a portal nearby, if you follow me I can sing the portal to their camp and you can take them by surprise, retrieving your prize and becoming the most famed Red Toad Leader of the age." Mags bows to the leader.

• Advertisement

I can help you get to the green frogs." Mags spits at the name. "There must be a portal nearby, if you follow me I can sing the portal to their camp and you can take them by surprise, retrieving your prize and becoming the most famed Red Toad Leader of the age." Mags bows to the leader.
    The large red toad turns.

"The Bard who released us. We will not touch you as the ancient accords demand.

However now you say you have what we desire, hmmm, perhaps. Perhaps you released us to give us what we want, but for us to believe you...well, let's make this simple. What are we looking for?"

"I think the God i serve would look truly ridicolous in clothes, or not, i never imaginged why he would want to wear clothes. I know when i want to swim across a river, i'll undress, put the clothes in my pack, and try hard to keep the pack above water while i thread across, then when on the other side, i'll dry up and reclothe. I also bathe naked. So imagining my god, who lives in water, clothed, just didn't occur to me.

I'm sure this dwarf god don't feel the cold or other such reasons that we wear clothes, so why bother with the unnessesary, especially, as a God?"
    "Your people's reputation for wise words is well founded" Iuric looks back at the naked Dwarf "I fear, however, having him follow me at all times might hamper some of my private endeavours."

The large red toad turns.

"The Bard who released us. We will not touch you as the ancient accords demand.

However now you say you have what we desire, hmmm, perhaps. Perhaps you released us to give us what we want, but for us to believe you...well, let's make this simple. What are we looking for?"
    "If you want to play wordgames and miss out on the opportunity to shine above all your kind then your prerogative. I'm pretty sure the green frogs will be content to keep the prize in their foul coloured poorly webbed hands while you thrash about fruitlessly here. "
    He leans forward conspiratorially and whispers,
    "Have you noticed yon Sargent. He is but one of the ambitious but sneaky kind and he'll backstab his way up through the hierarchy at your expense. Given the chance, he and a thousand like him, each vying to take YOUR place, YOUR rightful place as...the future Ultimate Ruler of your peoples. Look at him, see how even now he laughs with glee at his rise to power as he betrays you."
    Mags , with slight of hand casts Hideous Laughter on the unsuspecting Sargent.

Raising to a crescendo Mags continues so that the rest of the troops can hear,
    "I, Mags Moog Roarsch of the Bloodied Blade Clan, I Almost Chosen of the Gods of Music, I Releaser of the Red Toad Tide, Betrayer of the horrific Giant Green Frogs, Nearly cursed by The PriestPrison Warder, I can make this happen for you.

The honours are yours.
    The glory is yours.
    The KINGDOM IS YOURS!"

Mags dramatically, flurishingly bends the knee to the Leader.

Mags dramatically, flurishingly bends the knee to the Leader.
    The Red Toad makes a "throat cutting" signal to a few other toads you take the poor Sargent away.

"But, but I was loyal, I swear, I swear...."

The head toad impressed with Mags's display speaks to him.

"You could have fled and yet you didn't, perhaps you do wish to help us. Though I know you know not our goal, I believe that you wish to help. Seventh group?!"

A bunch of toads turn and salute.

"See Mags to the sealing stone. He can aide our Wizards and Warlocks there and release our master"

The fifteen toads approach Mags and gesture for him to follow them.

The Red Toad makes a "throat cutting" signal to a few other toads you take the poor Sargent away.

"But, but I was loyal, I swear, I swear...."

The head toad impressed with Mags's display speaks to him.

"You could have fled and yet you didn't, perhaps you do wish to help us. Though I know you know not our goal, I believe that you wish to help. Seventh group?!"

A bunch of toads turn and salute.

"See Mags to the sealing stone. He can aide our Wizards and Warlocks there and release our master"

The fifteen toads approach Mags and gesture for him to follow them.
    "I will need quiet to work with your magic users. Will you cease your killing the city. A benifit of the ceasation is how the Master will be pleased by having an entire city of innocents to slaughter at will. Don't take this gift from him."

"I will need quiet to work with your magic users. Will you cease your slaughter of the city. A benifit of you ceasing the killing is how the Master will be pleased by having an entire city of innocents to slaughter at will. Don't take this gift from him."
    The leader raises his hand.

"You are a bard so I see your need for silence. If you are lying, then we will use our entire might to kill them first..."

He points to Karinth, Sarric and Iuric.

"...understand?"

The leader raises his hand.

"You are a bard so I see your need for silence. If you are lying, then we will use our entire might to kill them first..."

He points to Karinth, Sarric and Iuric.

"...understand?"
    "Oh I understand perfectly. Those beings, they are my band, assistants to my Bardic magic. Let me use them and if we fail then you can do with them as you will. Let me talk to them."

"Oh I understand perfectly. Those beings, they are my band, assistants to my Bardic magic. Let me use them and if we fail then you can do with them as you will. Let me talk to them."
    "No, accompany my guards to the sealing stone"

"One last thing before I go to do your bidding. A gift of gratitude if you accept it."
    Mags roots in his back and pulls out the poisoned cloak he acquired in that place he scored his shiny trousers.
    "Take this, be the leader your troops deserve."

"One last thing before I go to do your bidding. A gift of gratitude if you accept it."
    Mags roots in his back and pulls out the poisoned cloak he acquired in that place he scored his shiny trousers.
    "Take this, be the leader your troops deserve."
    "Thank you Mags, it is woven in a human style, but I accept"

He places the cloak over his shoulders and promptly drops dead.

The toads all pause unsure of what to do next.

"He freed us, so we cannot touch him, yet we must for killed the leader..." one next to Mags says. "...the pacts contradict, we, we..."

They simply freeze in place, no act permitted by their arcane contracts.

• Advertisement

Mags suggests to some of the surviving city guard that they round up the frozen toads and drop them into the well in the temple then get some magican and clerical types to magically seal it with a better lock than a tune.

He wanders over to Iluric and the others.
    "Hi guys. 'sup?"

Clean up operations begin.

The guards initially make the mistake of attacking a few, but it seems their pact permits defense. The guards learn to just lead them to the well as Mags instructed.

The people of the city lift Mags high as he goes to speak to the others.

"The Bard! The Bard!" they roar, some calling for a statue to be built. Rumours are also running through the city of Citra's resurrection.

The captain of the guard runs up to the group carrying Mags.

"Thank you, thank you! You deserve a place on the council, I'm offering it to you..."

Bards run up.

"The guild has no leader, but surely now it must!!!!"

"What caused their release?" some ask.

OOC: Off now OldGoat

Sarric takes advantage of the calm to return to the temple of his god and see if it or and any of his newly acquired contractors where damaged or injured in the toad disturbance.

Mags suggests to some of the surviving city guard that they round up the frozen toads and drop them into the well in the temple then get some magican and clerical types to magically seal it with a better lock than a tune.

He wanders over to Iluric and the others.
    "Hi guys. 'sup?"
    "Now that you have single-handedly saved the city do you know where the rest of our party are? There's a Drow with whom I must settle something." Iuric suddenly remembers something "Oh, pay him no mind" He gestures at the giant naked Dwarf Angel "He follows my lead" Iuric turns to the angel "Do you have a name?"

Sarric takes advantage of the calm to return to the temple of his god and see if it or and any of his newly acquired contractors where damaged or injured in the toad disturbance.
    The temple is reasonably intact, a few scuffed spots on the outside wall, little else. Half the workers have been slaughtered and Sarric finds the rest cowering inside.

"Now that you have single-handedly saved the city do you know where the rest of our party are? There's a Drow with whom I must settle something." Iuric suddenly remembers something "Oh, pay him no mind" He gestures at the giant naked Dwarf Angel "He follows my lead" Iuric turns to the angel "Do you have a name?"
    "Grodinz. Twas raised to my current status by the old lad himself. I'll follow ye as far as ye want, though if I'm a tad on the obvious side I can assume the form of a mortal dwarf"

Karinth sheets his swords frsutrated.

"First Iuric claims the incredible sword, then we're gearing up for the battle of our lives and Mags solves it...I will admit some frustration..."

Ser Boros races up.

"What have I missed?"

Karinth sighs once more, then looks to the sky as Citra begins to fly East.

"Iuric, Ser Boros, Mags...I know to where she flies and my destiny is there also...I have a task for which I was made. I can no longer deny it, I hope only that the four of you will help me, as my friends. I need not ask Sarric for I know he is true"

"Headed? What? Why? Where were you headed?"
    "I broke a divinely enforced oath...if that is still in effect, then I will dragged to a hell plane. Something I have no wish to experience...before we head, are there others you wish to accompany you my son?"

**H, she can't escape no matter what. Do I pursue or go back and get the rest of the targets? She's just one. She'll come find us before he finds her. Probably. Or I'm bluffing and we're both dead. Either way, what's the bosses call? **

** Wait, why did we never test whether or not my head friend can hear us when we do this? ****! **
    Hetyaro looks her in the eye, she feels the experience of ages in his sad deep eyes...to look upon them brings a melancholy she cannot explain and a terrible weight of fate.

Hetyaro lets her know the Queen's commands, not because she passes them through him, but because he can guess at them himself.

She is to follow Citra and kill her and the boy in the tower at the right moment. The tower itself holds something of the queen's interest.

• Advertisement

"I broke a divinely enforced oath...if that is still in effect, then I will dragged to a hell plane. Something I have no wish to experience...before we head, are there others you wish to accompany you my son?"

'Yes - Sarric and his companions - Karinth and Ser Boros. Mags, the bard. Columbo, of course too - he's here with me though.

And... you have already met Iuric. Wade, who fought with him atop you already rides with us, and Retula...'

He gestures behind.

'Telepathically linked, it's how I knew she was coming for you.'

"groovy. Just thought I'd ask. Hey remember when I signed that contract and she said she *might* ask for the *occasional* favour, like every now and then? I think her sense of time and mine need some serious calibrating..."

She follows the dragon.

"How you reckon we kill something that big? Let it eat me and hope she chokes?"

"I broke a divinely enforced oath...if that is still in effect, then I will dragged to a hell plane."

'Hell-plane? What sort of bastard did that to you - can I find him and kill him, would that break the oath?'

Sarric addresses the workers.
    "Its okay now, the toads have been vanquished and the big golden dragon and the big raven bird have flown off east.
    That big giant dwarf is on our side, so don't fear him.
    Order seems to be somewhat restored.
    If any of these fallen are your friends or relatives, take a few days off to take care of things, then when you ready we have you back.
    The rest of you, back to work.

Is the foreman chap about? Tell him to go round up more workers.... ehh, and if he is one of the fallen, anybody else want to be foreman?
    Your first task will be to go round up more workers, we have more to do now than we did yesterday."

Sarric find a secluded spot to sit and have a short rest then spends 30 minutes meditating afterwards.
    OOC: rest should recharge ki, plus used my lvl 5 hp = 7, now max 37. (37)

Vrakrash takes out the health poultice he received from the spider in the Gigadark and throws it to Wade.

'Here, friend. Heal up. No more fighting atop a dragon though, makes me nervous.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Vrakrash takes out the health poultice he received from the spider in the Gigadark and throws it to Wade.

'Here, friend. Heal up. No more fighting atop a dragon though, makes me nervous.'

“Thanks”
    “I was protecting your mother here from the crazy oath breaking paladin and his demonic sword , not that I expected to be thanked! Well he’s dead now, no one could have got out of that alive there was no one around to slow his fall once he rematerialised from where I sent him. No ser we won’t be seeing him again!”

• Advertisement

**Ok Vrakie, you can tell her she has a stay of execution. But I can't speak for everyone up there. She'll know who I mean. Better to have no future than that future. So, yknow, chop chop, let's get where we're going. And then chop chop. Literally. **

**Why do I get the feeling you're humoring me Rettie, but nonetheless let us continue onwards and resolve this one way or another**

Vrakrash turns to Wade.

'Really? He was going to kill mother? Why does everyone want to kill her I wonder?'

Turning to Citra next.

'Apparently you have a stay of execution for now - she can hear me say this, but I don't trust her. Nevertheless we should continue to the tower.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

**Why do I get the feeling you're humoring me Rettie, but nonetheless let us continue onwards and resolve this one way or another**

Vrakrash turns to Wade.

'Really? He was going to kill mother? Why does everyone want to kill her I wonder?'

Turning to Citra next.

'Apparently you have a stay of execution for now - she can hear me say this, but I don't trust her. Nevertheless we should continue to the tower.'
    “I don’t i think she’s amazing”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “I don’t i think she’s amazing”

'I know, I fear we won't have much time to spend with her though.'

He cocks his thumb at Retula and Hetyaro.

'Them, I get - it's kinda their purpose. But this fool who put some kind of oath on her that sends her to a hellplane, and Iuric wanting to kill her... I don't understand it at all.'

'Yes - Sarric and his companions - Karinth and Ser Boros. Mags, the bard. Columbo, of course too - he's here with me though.

And... you have already met Iuric. Wade, who fought with him atop you already rides with us, and Retula...'

He gestures behind.

'Telepathically linked, it's how I knew she was coming for you.'
    Citra searches through the crowd for Sarric and the others.

"Sarric, that's a high Elven name, and I sense only one being not made from normal matter in the city square. I assume that is him next to knight from another plane, the paladin, the half-ork and the..."

She pauses.

"...odd, that's very rare. To the point where I've never seen it"

She turns back toward the city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement