Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene VI - City of Gods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Is the foreman chap about? Tell him to go round up more workers.... ehh, and if he is one of the fallen, anybody else want to be foreman?
    Your first task will be to go round up more workers, we have more to do now than we did yesterday."

Sarric find a secluded spot to sit and have a short rest then spends 30 minutes meditating afterwards.
    OOC: rest should recharge ki, plus used my lvl 5 hp = 7, now max 37. (25) plus spend 1 hit die at short rest, (8) recoup = 33HP
    A few workers go to mourn the fallen, as the foreman heads off. When Sarric opens his eyes Citra has landed in the town square in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Apparently you have a stay of execution for now - she can hear me say this, but I don't trust her. Nevertheless we should continue to the tower.'

**Trust?? Dude that hurts! I was always honest -unlike you, ratting me out to yo'momma - and aside from that one time with the thief where it technically wasn't my fault anyway I have never hurt a member of this party! Not a hair on a head!

You haven't heard me thinking about those dwarves have you? Those are Hetyaro's thoughts, don't listen to her. **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    A few workers go to mourn the fallen, as the foreman heads off. When Sarric opens his eyes Citra has landed in the town square in front of them.

Sarric goes to the town square to see whats up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    **Trust?? Dude that hurts! I was always honest -unlike you, ratting me out to yo'momma - and aside from that one time with the thief where it technically wasn't my fault anyway I have never hurt a member of this party! Not a hair on a head!

You haven't heard me thinking about those dwarves have you? Those are Hetyaro's thoughts, don't listen to her. **

** I know why you have this need to kill my mother again, just don't expect me to like it. Also... what DID happen to those dwarves that were imprisoned with you? And the tiefling? Did they violate your bosses laws too?**

Ser Boros is climbing up onto Citra's back.

"You are as large as the fully grown dragons on my plane"

Citra laughs

"Only here and Mystara do we grow so large"

Karinth walks up to her eye.

"You head for the Tower of Ursula?"

She nods.

"Then I shall come also" and he climbs up.

Mags climbs up also.

Sarric shouts, "Wait for me!!!" and jumps up on the dragons back,

"I'm not missing out on getting to ride on a dragon, i dont care where we going.."

"Hello Dragon, I like your colours, just like goldie here... don't eat me.... well don't eat me first anyhow."

"I won't eat you high elf, you're indigestible"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

"Grodinz. Twas raised to my current status by the old lad himself. I'll follow ye as far as ye want, though if I'm a tad on the obvious side I can assume the form of a mortal dwarf"
    "Clothed?" Iuric asks with a raised eyebrow. "Also, purely as a matter of curiosity, can you fly?"

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Thanks”
    “I was protecting your mother here from the crazy oath breaking paladin and his demonic sword , not that I expected to be thanked! Well he’s dead now, no one could have got out of that alive there was no one around to slow his fall once he rematerialised from where I sent him. No ser we won’t be seeing him again!”
    OOC: I'd really like to know how Wade Knows about that and if Iuric could see Citra land he'd head that way.

Evade wrote: »
    "Clothed?" Iuric asks with a raised eyebrow. "Also, purely as a matter of curiosity, can you fly?"
    "To a limited degree my lad, but I'd make a good effort, I'm handy for slowin' a fall as ye've seen"
    OOC: I'd really like to know how Wade Knows about that and if Iuric could see Citra land he'd head that way.
    Iuric is not too far from Citra when she lands and heads over with Karinth and Ser Boros.

• Advertisement

"To a limited degree my lad, but I'd make a good effort, I'm handy for slowin' a fall as ye've seen"
    "Most reassuring however I notice you failed to elaborate on the nudity issue."

Iuric is not too far from Citra when she lands and heads over with Karinth and Ser Boros.
    When they get to Citra "DROW!" Iuric shouts as he points toward Wade "WHY DID YOU ATTACK ME UNPROVOKED!"

Sarric speaks with Karinth, "so where we going now and who's crazy adventure are we following this time?"

Sarric speaks with Karinth, "so where we going now and who's crazy adventure are we following this time?"

Vrakrash overhears OOC: if allowed and butts in.

'Well, Mother wishes to go to the tower. Did you know she was my mother?'

He sees Iuric shouting at Wade.

'Calm now friends, Wade thought you were trying to kill mother. It's probably a misunderstanding, right Wade?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

When they get to Citra "DROW!" Iuric shouts as he points toward Wade "WHY DID YOU ATTACK ME UNPROVOKED!"

Ooc range ?

Vrakrash overhears OOC: if allowed and butts in.

'Well, Mother wishes to go to the tower. Did you know she was my mother?'
    "You mother, sweet, I love a good family reunion story. Will there be a big party at the tower? I hope they have ale."

'Calm now friends, Wade thought you were trying to kill mother. It's probably a misunderstanding, right Wade?'
    "A misunderstanding? He attacked me without provocation, I don't believe I had even spoken to him prior to that. Admittedly I did, briefly, end up somewhere pleasant but that is entirely beside the point"

"You mother, sweet, I love a good family reunion story. Will there be a big party at the tower? I hope they had ale."

'I know nothing of it - but Karinth asked mother if we were going there and then hopped on when she said yes. Maybe he knows more about it. But yes, ale would be good - might calm the nerves amongst our party.'

"It's long since I died, I often forget the mortal ways. I am nude as the God that I serve is nude. If ye can't face yer own body, what courage do ye have lad? That is the lesson he teaches, stand proud, unadorned, true to yerself and fight for what is right"

"A misunderstanding? He attacked me without provocation, I don't believe I had even spoken to him prior to that. Admittedly I did, briefly, end up somewhere pleasant but that is entirely beside the point"

'I'm sure he had a reason? He mentioned something about your sword, calling it a demon sword?'

Vrakrash examines Durandal.

'May I hold it for a moment Iuric, I promise to give it back. Perhaps there is more to this than it simply being a legendary sword. If Mother, or Karinth could examine it... maybe we might find out if it is a demon sword or truly Durandal.'

• Advertisement

Ooc range ?
    OOC: Long range

OOC: Long range

Seek shot

Oh if it’s not clear target is iluric

Retula mimes her hands talking to eachother.
    "**** you pot!"
    "I'll see your family burned to the ground, Kettle!"

'I'm sure he had a reason? He mentioned something about your sword, calling it a demon sword?'

'May I hold it for a moment Iuric, I promise to give it back. Perhaps there is more to this than it simply being a legendary sword. If Mother, or Karinth could examine it... maybe we might find out if it is a demon sword or truly Durandal.'
    Karinth jumps forward.

"I SHALL WIELD THIS BLADE OF MIGHT....so that I might determine its origin, if you permit master paladin"

"It's long since I died, I often forget the mortal ways. I am nude as the God that I serve is nude. If ye can't face yer own body, what courage do ye have lad? That is the lesson he teaches, stand proud, unadorned, true to yerself and fight for what is right"
    "If that is your way. Perhaps it will be less conspicuous if you shrink to average Dwarf height."

Iuric hands over the sword "There was indeed a voice, however I do not make a habit of following the orders of voices emanating from the unseen. You should have seen how long it took Ram..." Iuric lets that trail off. "Besides I could not strike down one as stunning as your mother."

"**** you pot!"
    Citra turns to Retula.

"What is the queen's endgame with you? She hasn't had an agent in this plane for 8,000 years"

• Advertisement

"If i hold onto your sword for the journey,
    so you cannot kill our ride in flight,
    can we all just goto the party in the tower and kick back with some ale and laugh over this.

I too would not want you injuring our transport during flight, never mind that the transport is vrakrashes mother!"

"**** you pot!"
    OOC: Blasphemy is provocation for the lawful fanatically good.

Iuric hands over the sword "There was indeed a voice, however I do not make a habit of following the orders of voices emanating from the unseen. You should have seen how long it took Ram..." Iuric lets that trail off. "Besides I could not strike down one as awe stunning as your mother."

'Thank you, Iuric.'

Vrakrash looks at Karinth warily.

'You're not going to go all... demony if I give you this sword are you?'

'Thank you, Iuric.'

"Vrakrash, you are a good bearer for the journey, it not like you would strike down your own mother in flight, this seems resolved, shall we go?"

'Thank you, Iuric.'

"'Demony,' surely it would have turned me if that were it's power. Kanrith has been a staunch ally since we've me he is welcome to examine the sword."

OOC: Iuric still doesn't know he's a vampire as far as I know

• Advertisement

Vrakrash looks at Wade.

'Iuric is unarmed now, put down the bow friend, and we shall travel to the tower.'

An arrow flies from Wade's bow and into Iuric's side.

Citra rears up on her front legs.

"Let no harm come to my son or the Queen's agent"

OOC: Init if you wish

"'Demony,' surely it would have turned me if that were it's power. Kanrith has been a staunch ally since we've me he is welcome to examine the sword."

OOC: Iuric still doesn't know he's a vampire as far as I know
    Karinth looks at the sword closely.

"This is no demon blade, that is for sure. It has a sentience and feeds on souls, so no doubt prefers to be in the hands of a violent lunatic..."

He stares at the sword longingly.

"...but that is purely its will, not a demonic corruption. I sense the intelligence originally occupied a human form"

"You guess right" the sword replies.

Iuric stumbles as the arrow strike and winces slightly "Even as you attempt to defuse the situation he attacks without warning."

Karinth looks at the sword closely.

"This is no demon blade, that is for sure. It has a sentience and feeds on souls, so no doubt prefers to be in the hands of a violent lunatic..."

He stares at the sword longingly.

"...but that is purely its will, not a demonic corruption. I sense the intelligence originally occupied a human form"

"You guess right" the sword replies.

Vrakrash jumps back, almost dropping the sword.

'Wha-wha-what? A talking sword? Who are you and why did you tell Iuric to kill Mother? Talk, or I'll drop a boulder on you and be done with you, accursed blade.'

"Hi sword, what name did you go by when you were human? Can you recall?"

"Hi sword, what name did you go by when you were human? Can you recall?"
    "It matters little now, but Falgim"

"It matters little now, but Falgim"
    "Doubt it mattered much back then either, if your destiny was to beome a talking sword.

Can you do any tricks, or just be a companion to your master on lonely nights?"

“Do you yield oathbreaker “ I shout .

OOC: Again, how does Wade know that?

• Advertisement

Citra turns to Retula.

"What is the queen's endgame with you? She hasn't had an agent in this plane for 8,000 years"

"Ha! Like she'd tell me? I'm a prawn, I go where I'm bid."

Kakraaaw!

"I said pawn, what's your ****ing problem?"

OOC: Blasphemy is provocation for the lawful fanatically good.

Ooc : Retula's devotion was bought, she would not understand that, and struggles with how your god, who seemed to really be enjoying licking that goats taint, had the sudden change of heart.

Sarric thinks, oh good, a resolution may be in sight to this conflict,

he looks around for some straps to strap himself in,

would it be nice if there were some straps you could use when flying dragon class to strap yourself in....

and then maybe they'd have straps on every transport , like horse, or horse and carraige....

but then they might make some law that says its mandatory, not too bad .. but .. hmm

then i'm sure they'd go too far, and make some godamn klaxons go off until you had fastened yourself into the straps..

nah, screw that, ..

i prefer to stand anyhow..

The nude young man approaches Vrakrash.

"So I used to be bad, how so? I've only ever wanted the best for the people of the empire"

Citra flexes her wings and turns to Wade and Iuric.

"You are my son's followers yes? I can carry the two of you in seperate claws, so that the journey might pass in ease. Faith militant, you may heal within my claws"

She turns to Retula.

"A quick stop in the Shire before the tower"

"So I used to be bad, how so? I've only ever wanted the best for the people of the empire"

'All I know is what Retula - she of the blasting and the killing people who are resurrected - told me. Apparently you were a being of great evil and it took the force of some of the mightiest warriors in the known world to end your reign.

You apparently controlled an army of undead and used them to sack and take control of this city.'

He whispers the next bit.

'I'd get Rettie to tell you more, but I'm pretty sure she only gave Mother a temporary pass... not you.'

'I'd get Rettie to tell you more, but I'm pretty sure she only gave Mother a temporary pass... not you.'
    "Yikes! Well I'll be careful. Still though, what would make me go mental like that. Seems a little unlikely to be honest, she might be using it to justify my murder"

Citra flexes her wings and turns to Wade and Iuric.

"You are my son's followers yes? I can carry the two of you in seperate claws, so that the journey might pass in ease. Faith militant, you may heal within my claws"

She turns to Retula.

"A quick stop in the Shire before the tower"

"What? Now you're just taking liberties, lady. You didnt even make it sound like a question? And, like, it's harder to not do that than to do that? How's about we ask the big V what he thinks? Might as well be cooked for a goose as a gander. What's in the Shire?"

"What? Now you're just taking liberties, lady. You didnt even make it sound like a question? And, like, it's harder to not do that than to do that? How's about we ask the big V what he thinks? Might as well be cooked for a goose as a gander. What's in the Shire?"
    "Something we'll need for the tower...I know your Queen wants access"

"Yikes! Well I'll be careful. Still though, what would make me go mental like that. Seems a little unlikely to be honest, she might be using it to justify my murder"

Retula points finger guns at the nudist.
    "Until this morning you were a story to frighten parents, never mind children. This is not the first time you've returned from the dead, and if the books are to believed the sooner we send you back the less overtime I'll have to click up sorting the millions you'll murder this time out.
    Dude, I hit you with a force that would have killed 2 men and made a 3rd **** himself. I know from experience. And yet there you are without a scratch. Don't play the innocent well hung ingenue with me."

• Advertisement

"Vrakrash aided me in a grand quest once, I aim to repay him in kind. Your offer is most agreeable, it would be easier to not have to be weary of unexpected arrows for the duration of the journey."

Advertisement