Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm trying to turn of the eir_WiFi SSID on my F2000 but the option isn't visible in M

Options
  • 04-08-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to turn of the eir_WiFi SSID on my F2000 but the option isn't visible in My Eir when I log in. How do I turn it off please? 

Side note; it really isn't great that Eir include this on people's routers without leaving the option to turn it off themselves directly on the router, particularly for those in low bandwidth areas. It demonstrates short-sighted product management.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

I'm trying to turn of the eir_WiFi SSID on my F2000 but the option isn't visible in My Eir when I log in. How do I turn it off please? 

Side note; it really isn't great that Eir include this on people's routers without leaving the option to turn it off themselves directly on the router, particularly for those in low bandwidth areas. It demonstrates short-sighted product management.
    Hi there; When you log into my eir on your laptop/desktop, you'll see a menu called "more" at the top right hand of the page you see after you log in. Click on that and you should see an option for "eir WiFi". You should be able to turn it off from there.
    BTW, eir's guest WiFi is limited to 3Mbps down & 1Mbps up, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference to your broadband's overall performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

RGB LDN wrote: »

Hi there; When you log into my eir on your laptop/desktop, you'll see a menu called "more" at the top right hand of the page you see after you log in. Click on that and you should see an option for "eir WiFi". You should be able to turn it off from there.
    BTW, eir's guest WiFi is limited to 3Mbps down & 1Mbps up, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference to your broadband's overall performance.
    eir Wifi doesn't appear in the "More" menu for me, I see "Check fault status", "Log a fault' and a few offers but no "eir Wifi".

On the bandwidth front - as I said; we're rural and lucky to get 5mb dn and 0.5mb upload on a good day so the idea of contention at a favoured rate of 3mb dn is a non-runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

RGB LDN wrote: »

eir Wifi doesn't appear in the "More" menu for me, I see "Check fault status", "Log a fault' and a few offers but no "eir Wifi".

On the bandwidth front - as I said; we're rural and lucky to get 5mb dn and 0.5mb upload on a good day so the idea of contention at a favoured rate of 3mb dn is a non-runner.
    Hi chillyspoon, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to assist you further with this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement